17 replies to this topic

#1 VG_Addict

VG_Addict

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

This is kind of a spiritual successor of the "The absolute worst games?" thread. What's the worst excuse for a game you've ever played?

#2 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

Talk about Game Balance issues... every character had two "stances" one unarmed and one with a weapon, (except the "new" character Arden Lyn, the aforementioned Master of Teras Kasi, whose robot arm was also a blaster.) The folks with the ranged weapons, like Han and Chewie, were screwed because laser blasts traveled across the screen at about 20 mph, and MoTK was one of those 2D/3D fighters that made the sidestep move really easy to execute (R1 for toward the screen, L1 for away.) As for the rest of the characters, the ones with melee weapons; in Star Wars there's really only one melee weapon worth mentioning. You can talk up Vibro-weapons and gaffi sticks all you want to, but nobody's going to choose that option when the other obvious one is available. So you play as Luke until you unlock Vader, and then you play as Vader, who not only had a lightsaber, but an extra six inches of reach on everyone else AND his special moves were force choke and force lightning.

#3 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

Talk about Game Balance issues... every character had two "stances" one unarmed and one with a weapon, (except the "new" character Arden Lyn, the aforementioned Master of Teras Kasi, whose robot arm was also a blaster.) The folks with the ranged weapons, like Han and Chewie, were screwed because laser blasts traveled across the screen at about 20 mph, and MoTK was one of those 2D/3D fighters that made the sidestep move really easy to execute (R1 for toward the screen, L1 for away.) As for the rest of the characters, the ones with melee weapons; in Star Wars there's really only one melee weapon worth mentioning. You can talk up Vibro-weapons and gaffi sticks all you want to, but nobody's going to choose that option when the other obvious one is available. So you play as Luke until you unlock Vader, and then you play as Vader, who not only had a lightsaber, but an extra six inches of reach on everyone else AND his special moves were force choke and force lightning.

lol, I remember this game so well. God, the suck level there was unimaginable.

Crappiest game I ever played is Alexander the Great: The Game (the one based on the movie)

Strategy in that game boiled down to spamming infantry until you won, and not committing suicide when the pathfinding fouled your game to hell for the nth time.

#4 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

I'm actually old enough that I once owned E.T. for the Atari 2600. Every awful thing you ever heard about it is true.

#5 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Sim City Wii. Such a disappointment.

#6 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

Pit Fighter on SNES was the crappiest game IVE played....

never agian....

#7 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

Worst game I've every played, regardless of type, was the Spellfire CCG that TSR (the creators of D&D) put out soon after Magic: The Gathering hit it big. I bought a starter set, which had enough cards for two people. It was an awful game. All but unplayable.

#8 ThePoet

ThePoet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

I can only pick one?

Axis & Allies. Bad mechanics, pure luck, no evil dictators screwing themselves over. It's a joke.

World of Warcraft the card game. Again, poor mechanics.

And now for awesome games that no one has heard of.

Galaxy Trucker

Tomb

Star Wars: Epic Duels

Carcassonne

Ticket to Ride

Ok, maybe some of you nerds/dorks/geeks here have heard of them, and they rule. And also Stratego. Long live Stratego.

-ThePoet

#9 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

The celebrity death match game as far as I'm concerned.

#10 VG_Addict

VG_Addict

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Worst game I've every played, regardless of type, was the Spellfire CCG that TSR (the creators of D&D) put out soon after Magic: The Gathering hit it big. I bought a starter set, which had enough cards for two people. It was an awful game. All but unplayable.

I thought your most hated game series was Grand Theft Auto.

Anyway, Shaq Fu. Seriously, Shaq is a basketball player! How much do you think he's honestly going to know about fighting?! Not to mention the controls were TERRIBLE. The only attack I could do was the jump kick.

#11 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

Alien vs Predator Extinction: The game is an RTS game, but this is a game where you just watch more than play. Battles often get very repeatative quickly and get boring quite easily. There are no real mechanics to the game since gameplay is almost non-existant. All you do is position characters, set them to offense or defensive mode, and just watch the game from there as the CPU controls your characters for you in battles. You're better off with the Alien vs Predator FPS games.

Ranma 1/2 (SNES) - It's a fighting game, with very screwed button mechanics. The up button is not the jump button, but infact, the B button is. Moves are rather quite easy to pull off through trial and error, and characters move very slowly. It's a very poor game if you ask me. Great for die hard Ranma fans just for the sake of having but to play? No way.

-Rakai'Thwei

#12 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

Ranma 1/2 (SNES) - It's a fighting game, with very screwed button mechanics. The up button is not the jump button, but infact, the B button is. Moves are rather quite easy to pull off through trial and error, and characters move very slowly. It's a very poor game if you ask me. Great for die hard Ranma fans just for the sake of having but to play? No way.

-Rakai'Thwei

I always preferred jump being assigned to a button, and not up. Made it less likely that you'll accidentally jump when you don't want to.

As for the worst game for me, Superman 64. LET'S FLY THROUGH RINGS TO SAVE THE WORLD!

#13 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

You could go into the options menu and make "UP" the jump button in the Ranma SNES game. But yeah, that was annoying when I didn't realize that.

For the record, the Japan-only sequel to the Ranma SNES fighting game is superior. Street Fighter-style half-circles and dragon punch motions for moves, instead of the first game's awkward "hold-move-release" moves and more variety to the cast. Definetely worth emulating.

#14 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

superman 64
worst game ever.

#15 granobulax

granobulax

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Location:I live in my own little world. It's ok, they know me here.
  • Interests:Anything other than work and college.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:45 AM

Duck Hunt because no matter how many times I shot that damn dog, he just wouldn't die.

#16 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

Thanks to AVGN I know of one...

Posted Image

Silver Surfer for the NES...

#17 starvinmj

starvinmj

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Interests:Girl, SuperHero's movie , game, Anime and comic book(Only DC and Marvel), football<br />Batman, Destroying Stranglehold-prime at everything and making his life a miseriable.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

Superman 64 is the worst game I've every played.

#18 geomease

geomease

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

I don't know what everyone was so uppity about Shaq Fu. Me, my sister, and my dad were all able to enjoy that game. Sure a fre of the characters were cheap (damn kid) and it was an awkward fit but the game was far from broken or unplayable. As for my least favorite game, Shinobi for the PS2. One of the few games I have had to give up on multiple times out of frustration. That last boss is suicidally hard and everytime you start a new game your old save is automatically deleted, so effin frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users