Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

Name: Layman Viktus

Fighting: 4
Speed: 4
Toughness: 2
Knowledge: 2
Awareness: 3
Luck: 2

Appearance: Layman is a small man, he would perhaps be taller if he ever stood up straight. Perhaps if he tended to stand at all. But no, he spends most of his time in a crouched position making it next to impossible to determine, with any precision, his height. His clothing also makes any guesses on his weight, other than 'he can't weigh that much, can he?', a shot in the dark at best. It, however, does not make him hard to identify.

Layman Viktus is the man attempting to pass himself off as a burn-victim wrapped in a pile of laundry. Or, as Billy has put it a number of times "The Crawling Hamper." Any other description of him won't do, as no one has taken the risk of attempting to determine what Layman hides under his bandages and layers of clothes other than dangerous sharp things. The best that they can do is point out that one of his eyes is a cloudy green.

Background: Over a thousand years have past since Layman made his mistake. One wrong move, and your career is over. Usually you die, sometimes you live but you lose your hands, or your eyes, or worse. Layman didn't lose anything, not really. He gained something. Something awful, and for it his crew shoved him in a cold-coffin and jettisoned him into the great black. Never looking back.

Over a thousand years later, someone stumbled upon the cold-coffin and thawed out Layman Viktus. They poked and prodded him and apologized in their cold-doctor ways, they told him there was nothing they could do for him but he wasn't infectious. He would have to live with it. And so he has. A thousand years later, the Pharaoh has died (Long live the golden-headed bastard) and his job is no longer outlawed. It is, however, still dangerous. And so, he continues to do his job, he continues to loot the dead and pillage the memories of planets long forgotten.

Personality: Layman is not what you call Personable. In fact, he is a borderline sociopath with a tendency to cut first and not ask any questions at all. While he is not a strict adherent to the brute-force method of thinking, he is not beyond using it. He has learned some things from his accident, mostly to let others take point if he thinks there might be danger. It is, after all, just a Job.

#22 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Stuff will start tonight or tomorrow.

#23 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

Remember folks, that's tonight or tomorrow in Landon-time. That could be a week or more, or possibly never in our time!

#24 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:56 AM

LANDON TIME IS MOVING FAST TODAY

GAME IS ON

#25 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hugo: Jack was not chosen as one of the initial characters. Landon rather plainly said who he'd picked, sorry. But this is just for the initial run, try and work on Jack. Such as making an actual description for his appearance rather than using an image of Revolver Occelot. Also removing any 'real world' references (God, December).

#26 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hugo: Jack was not chosen as one of the initial characters. Landon rather plainly said who he'd picked, sorry. But this is just for the initial run, try and work on Jack. Such as making an actual description for his appearance rather than using an image of Revolver Occelot. Also removing any 'real world' references (God, December).

My apologies for any confusion, but I believe Landon said....

"Going with Maguns, Exal, Hugo, Threedark, and Gigs for the trial run. Characters are still being accepted, but they'll jump in after the fact."

#27 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Well crap.

That's what I get for not checking before going on my assumptions that Landon was going to STICK TO HIS GUNS when he said four. Not to mention he hadn't said anything to me in chat about Jack (Which was also why I hadn't referenced you in my own posting.)

Unfortunately my knee-jerk reaction also deleted your post on the RP thread, so I should be the one apologizing.

PS: The reasons I listed still hold as to why I thought he might not have been accepted.

PPS: Please, for the love of all that is electronic change your Sig. It. Is. TOO. LARGE.

#28 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

That's all right ThreeDark. Just please check before you delete anything will you? Its more then a little discouraging when one writes.

#29 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

PPPS: See my P-and-PPS.

#30 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

When is the deadline for new characters?

#31 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

However long it takes us to get through the initial ruin-crawl.

#32 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:02 AM

Starting with the NEXT ROOM, everyone will be required to write EVERYONE'S ACTIONS. Write the encounter the way YOU interpret it, dialogue and all.

Once EVERYONE has done so, I'll take all of the posts and mash them together into a new story.

#33 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

Round Robin, Ahoy!

#34 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:39 AM

This RP is so frikkin cool. I thought mine was cool. :rolleyes:

#35 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Brother Wei is back. Let me know if he needs to be changed. I just did the old copy pasta. Looking at him, he's kinda useless outside of a fight, but he'll make interesting interaction with the cast of characters in this group.

Name: Lu Wei or “Brother Wei”

Fighting: 5

Speed: 3

Toughness: 3

Knowledge: 2

Awareness: 2

Luck: 1

Appearance: Due to his former high ranking within the Church, Lu Wei is always well kept. However, he has long thrown away his Church dressings for attire more suited to his new monastic lifestyle. Lu Wei only wears two main uniforms: A warrior monk’s orange single arm traveling robes and a single arm training suit with pants. Lu Wei is a large man in stature. His body is at its zenith. Since his isolation within his religious faction, Lu Wei and all followers wear their heads bald.

Background: Lu Wei is a holy man: once a powerful member of the Church’s military faction. He later joined a radical thinking movement based on controversial teachings of Ziang Zi, a former high ranking affiliate of the Church. Ziang Zi believed that after Pharaoh’s death, his life essence went into all of Man. That through the inner esoteric powers of the Pharaoh, man could transform and possess their true potential. Herein, man became their own gods. Supposedly, Ziang Zi possessed a text that explained all of this in great detail and used it to teach his philosophy.

Since the body was considered to be inhabited by Pharaoh, the body was considered to be holy. Ziang Zi and his followers were often looked down upon as heretics. Therefore, they cast themselves away from outside interference and spent their entire existence learning, training and meditating on physical and mental improvement. The movement thrived for a century undisturbed on a remote frontier planet long after Zi’s death. A great set of tombs were built in Zi’s honor. These tombs contained the text behind Zi’s controversial teachings, which were now passed down verbally. It was completely forbidden to go anywhere near these ruins. Only the absolute best trained fighters within the community defended this rule. Lu Wei was their leader.

As leader of the guards of the most important tomb within his sect: The tomb of the Ziang Zi. Lu Wei required special rigorous training up to his 25th birthday to protect this unique tomb. On his 25th birthday, he became the 70th warrior monk to inhabit this position. Many years later, the tomb was brilliantly robbed. His entire sentinel unit killed. Lu Wei was the only survivor. The sect leaders suspected outside intrusion from either follower’s of the Pharaoh, seeking to destroy the extremist teachings or the Three Queens Syndicate. The thief was never found and as punishment Lu Wei was banished from his sect. His terms for return were to return with the stolen text of Ziang Zi or never return at all. So Lu set out to return the historical artifact.

Personality: Lu Wei like most in his sect, cherishes all antiquity concerning the Pharaoh and will sacrifice much to preserve this past. Lu Wei is very reserved, choosing not to speak unless his words are wise. As part of his training, Lu had to endure many long hours meditating within a tomb. Because of this, Lu is often withdrawn in his thoughts. Having had no former relationships, he is extremely shy around women.

Trained Skills:
Physical Artistry: Lu Wei has spent the entirety of his life training in what would be considered Kung Fu and perfecting the strength of his body.
Melee Weapon Expertise: Lu Wei chief weapon is the long Bo, which he wields in defense and offense.
Strong: Due to Lu’s training, he is exceptionally strong for his diminutive size.
Durable: Due to Lu’s training, he is able to withstand strenuous amounts of pain. He has been known to hold a burning cauldron in his forearms for minutes with no ill effects.
Acrobatics: Lu Wei is able to achieve incomparable feats of agility such as a two finger hand stand.
Strong Will: Lu is set on one major objective: Find and return the test of Ziang Zi. Let nothing stand in his way.
Stealth: Through rigorous training, Lu has mastered an art form of meditation that allows him to become seemingly omitted from existence. When in this meditation, Lu can sit still in a room full of people and simply become dismissed. Although he is still in the room, people just tend to forget he is there. He can go into this state within seconds. However, Lu cannot hear nor see when in this status; only awakening upon pure will.
Tactical Knowledge: Due to his past with the Church military and his training as a master guardsman, Lu is an expert at tactical strategy. This fact makes the defeat at Ziang Zi’s tomb devastating to him.
Theology: High ranking member of the Church and Ziang Zi’s movement, Lu is well versed in all things related to the ways of the Pharaoh. This is something he is immensely proud of.

Bad Skills:
Thievery: Lu Wei abhors thieves, particularly after his failure at the tombs.

Politics: Lu Wei believes the Church and politics do not mix. This thought is even more honed after his bond with the sect.

Equipment: Lu Wei is never without his long staff and prayer beads.

#36 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

TARVIUS WILL MAKE A CHARACTER OR DIE!

FINISH OR DIE!

#37 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

Name: Fraudatio Pravus Alias F.P Longshackles

Fighting: 1
Speed: 3
Toughness: 1
Knowledge: 3
Awareness:5
Luck: 3

Appearance: Fraudatio is a small fellow to say the least, but a snoggle in your woogle if you tell him so. He'd say he's 4 34/12 feet but actually he's closer to 5 feet, but that's just nonsense. A brown top hat covered with various patches covers his greasy matted hair which sometimes sticks out wildly and other times seems to be plastered to his head. A thick scruff covers his sharp jaw line which accents mismatched green and red eyes, which seem to change places at will. Even though he has eyes like a hawk Fraudatio likes to sport an octagonal eyeglass over his red eye, wherever it may be. As for his dress, Fraudatio wears a sleeveless three-piece tuxedo, which is an interesting combination of blue and yellow rather than the traditional black and white. The one they call F.P Longshackles also enjoys wearing one fingerless white glove. Shoes? Forget about it. Of course, he likes to carry a brown boot for companionship.

Background: Fraudatio's origins are shrouded in mystery, as he tends to narrate his story using nonsense metaphorical language to represent nothing and at other times using nothing to represent everything.

However, for the sake of simplifying this most peculiar character allow me to start in the middle. Fraudatio Pravus roamed the backworlds as a fast talking pickpocket whose humorous quips put even the most hardened ruffians at ease. From there, he could pick their treasures like fresh grapes before the old bafoon even stopped laughing. It was because of this that he earned a fortune and reputation for himself as one of the most powerful archeology bankers in the galaxy even though he's not really a banker nor does he have any knowledge in the archeological field.

Nonetheless, Fraudatio Pravus became somewhat of a notorious crime boss, whose foolish nature and ridiculous outbursts gave him the appearance of not being a threat to anyone. He used this fallacy to his utmost advantage murdering distributors, messengers, and bosses with impunity, which caused the archeological business to succumb to chaos for a short while. However, Fraudatio's intentions were never that of wealth or power but of... Well... of. Look, if you can tell me his intentions I'd be happy to hear them.

Anyways, as he became more practiced in manipulating the lives of hundreds throughout the galaxy, Fraudatio became even more feared, and if it were possible even more insane. He'd steal even the most worthless of artifacts, promptly return them, and top it all off by shooting the poor bastard. Not even his so-called henchmen were safe from Fraudatio's dark nonsensical symbolic poetry and ultimately brutal murder. However with his uncanny ability to control the system to his own amusement Fraudatio Pravus remains just out of reach of the law.

Personality: Fraudatio Pravus thrives on ridiculous and contradictory quips as well as symbolic language that means nothing but everything. The one who calls himself F.P Longshackles is also a fast talking con artist, but its his quick hands and his quick wits that have made him so dangerous. Like everything else about him F.P's persona follows no rational pattern and contradicts itself just as soon as it appears to make sense.

#38 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

Well, I'll be damned. He did it.

#39 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Dr. Hugo. Paging Dr. Hugo. You're wanted in the RP thread, as everyone else has posted their actions a few days ago. Failure to post soon will result in horrible mutilation.

#40 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

Results for the previous room have been posted.

The next room was also posted. This will be the final room for this trial run. Meaning that y'all won't be getting into the temple proper until we pick up a few more players. That was my intent all along. This is turning out to be something of a scouting mission, with the real deal coming up next.

Good Luck. After the last room, y'all will need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users