Photo
- - - - -

I submitted the Mafia, and it's been a week.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

I think a little over a week ago I finally put a picture in for the Mafia. I've waited for awhile now, and so far it hasn't been accepted or declined.

#2 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

There's a temporary hold on character acceptance. I mentioned this in the "what characters have you submitted thread. That explains why The Mafia, and numerous other characters, are still awaiting review. So your character isn't being singled out or anything.

#3 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

True, I have two characters as well that are past the 7 days rule. But I have seen Landons post about the current hold and have not mentioned anything until now.

When is the best estimate on continuation of character approval?

#4 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

At the earliest, next week most likely.

#5 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

#6 Mullon

Mullon

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Wait, the actual Mafia?

#7 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Wait, the actual Mafia?

yeah.

#8 Mullon

Mullon

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

yeah.

You know, at first I thought that sounded kind of silly. But then I remembered that I had submitted cowboys and somebody else had submitted vikings, so I felt silly.

#9 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

If anything, submitting "generic" stuff like The Mafia, Cowboys, and the like makes a LOT more sense than the people trying to submit "The Flash from that one issue where he ate a cheeseburger."

#10 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

Is character approval still down because it's been way more than a week since I submitted the Mongol Horde and Mickey O'Neil.

Mongol Horde NEW 2009-06-03 14:05:18
Mickey O'Neil NEW 2009-06-03 14:01:06

It is now 2009-06-14 15:25:XX

Even accounting for the three or so days that Approval was announced to be down, it's still over the 7 day rule.

#11 Mullon

Mullon

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

If anything, submitting "generic" stuff like The Mafia, Cowboys, and the like makes a LOT more sense than the people trying to submit "The Flash from that one issue where he ate a cheeseburger."

And yet there in the database.

#12 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

Well, at least the Mongols got Reviewed... but tossed aside because it "Doesn't seem Pop Culture to [The Reviewer]."

Well, I can't help that, but does it count that there are films about them, making them apart of Pop Culture. Not to mention their appearances in documentaries and video games. Oh, and who could forget those "God damn Mongolians, breaking down the chitty wall"... But I guess they aren't Pop Culture Enough for the CBUB...

#13 chakos

chakos

The Avatar of Himself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Well, at least the Mongols got Reviewed... but tossed aside because it "Doesn't seem Pop Culture to [The Reviewer]."

Well, I can't help that, but does it count that there are films about them, making them apart of Pop Culture. Not to mention their appearances in documentaries and video games. Oh, and who could forget those "God damn Mongolians, breaking down the chitty wall"... But I guess they aren't Pop Culture Enough for the CBUB...

Then submit them as such. Maybe use the pic from South Park, with related references, and submit to the 'toons category.

People, the Pop-Culture category is not a catch all: "Any character I want who doesn't fit into the others."

To quote serge: We mostly deal with fictional entities.

#14 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

Then submit them as such. Maybe use the pic from South Park, with related references, and submit to the 'toons category.

People, the Pop-Culture category is not a catch all: "Any character I want who doesn't fit into the others."

To quote serge: We mostly deal with fictional entities.

While the Mongolians from South Park Might be a good add, you still can't deny the other links I gave pointing out the Actual Mongolians that have a significant impact on Pop Culture. Their in a super continents worth of History, their in our Games, their in our Movies, hell they even have Movies of them and their Empire.

Would you rather them submitted under Ghengis Khan, and forget the fact that his Empire lasted for quite a while after his death? What about Ögedei Khan, Güyük Khan, Möngke Khan, and the Famous Kublai Khan who invaded Japan? Their Empire literally stretched from the east coast of China to where present day Germany is.

Besides when you get down to it, would you rather have fifty vague Mongol Characters that may or may not be used, or would you rather have one general category of Mongol, like the Vikings.

#15 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

Impact, yes. ARE they a part of pop culture? Not so much.

#16 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

Impact, yes. ARE they a part of pop culture? Not so much.

we kind of transfered the disscussion over to "A Petition for the Admins" since it made more sense there then here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users