2761 replies to this topic

#1481 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Black Widow is nowhere near one of the top melee fighters in Marvel. She relies on gadgets and guns, all of which are inferior to anything Iron Man uses. Why is she on the team? Compulsory female character? Why not use one of these instead: Wasp, Scarlet Witch or Mantis?

Maybe they didn't care about who was stronger, but they needed some super spy bitch to fuck shit up. Find someone better than Black Widow to do that. That and Black Widow has been Nick Fury's right hand wench for quite some time now.

My favorite line-up is the classic one: Vision, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye and Wasp. What else do you need?

Characters that the audience knows and have already been set up are usually good for a giant movie like this. Wasp, Vision, and Scarlet Witch would need more time.

Captain America’s costume IS outdated and no longer relevant. He needs an upgrade desperately, he is the team eyesore. I think some sort of military looking uniform, with maybe an American flag where the ribbons should be. Or maybe cammie pants and a white shirt or tank top with an American flag on it, like Guile from SF2.

Captain America is outdated. His costume portrays that and works fine. The mask is the only thing that annoys me.

Power levels of heroes and villains miscalculated. Loki seemed like an extremely minor threat, on maybe Gambit’s level as he was portrayed in the movie. Thor and Iron Man were shown to be about even, where in the comics Thor is far superior.

Yeah, fuck them! They didn't show that Hulk has potentially unlimited strength! They didn't use Odinforce Thor so they made Thor into a super bitch! This movie sucks!

Hulk is not on the team, he never was, they were formed to fight him.

Wrong.

I’m tired of super hero movies. All the crowds and kids cheering over their hero’s, it’s just cliché and boring now. They need to bring back anti-heroes who the cops are after, look bad-ass and kill people.

You love living in the 80's and 90's, don't you?

#1482 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Captain America’s costume IS outdated and no longer relevant. He needs an upgrade desperately, he is the team eyesore. I think some sort of military looking uniform, with maybe an American flag where the ribbons should be. Or maybe cammie pants and a white shirt or tank top with an American flag on it, like Guile from SF2.

Oh god no. No. No. No. The last thing we need is more generic-looking camo-wearing soldiers in any form of media. If you want that shit, stick to playing all of the Call of Modern Gears of Warfare games.

The movie outright admits that Cap is an "outdated" sort of character, and that's totally intention. He doesn't represent the modern take on the soldier, and trying to shoehorn his character into that mold would be missing the point. It'd make as much sense as having Thor suddenly running around in fatigues.

#1483 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Okay just to add one final thing Loki was not a minor threat. Loki did exactly what he does in the comics and manipulated the Avengers from the start of the movie to the end. The best actor and character in the Avengers film was Loki in my opinion. He showed how brilliant and deadly Loki could be. Also Loki showed he was more then capable of battling Captain America and Thor. Loki let himself be arrested on purpose.

Oh by the way that funny scene where Hulk smashed Loki like a rag doll did happen in the comics in a similar encounter the two had.

#1484 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

I imagine a guy called 'Captain America' to be a super gung-ho military guy with zero subtlety, like a GI Joe or something but even more so. He should have a flat top haircut, no shirt just dog tags, with huge muscles like Jesse Ventura from Predator, but with missiles on his shoulders.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1485 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Oh god no. No. No. No. The last thing we need is more generic-looking camo-wearing soldiers in any form of media. If you want that shit, stick to playing all of the Call of Modern Gears of Warfare games.

The movie outright admits that Cap is an "outdated" sort of character, and that's totally intention. He doesn't represent the modern take on the soldier, and trying to shoehorn his character into that mold would be missing the point. It'd make as much sense as having Thor suddenly running around in fatigues.

Yeah, this sums that up well.

#1486 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

I imagine a guy called 'Captain America' to be a super gung-ho military guy with zero subtlety, like a GI Joe or something but even more so. He should have a flat top haircut, no shirt just dog tags, with huge muscles like Jesse Ventura from Predator, but with missiles on his shoulders.

Well, last time I checked, Captain America was supposed to be a bit of a symbol in the comic kingdom, inspire people, blah blah blah. Now, I don't mean to insult anyone here, but I don't think a guy who never left Vietnam can be a symbol.

#1487 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

So you're pretty much going to completely ignore the actual character and how he's generally portrayed, and want to see him as a stereotypical American soldier.

Yeah, that is precisely how they should show him in the movies, rather than going with how he's generally shown in the comics, and how the majority of fans more than likely wants to see him [/sarcasm]

#1488 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Even the general audience loved Captain America and his whole story on what he stands for.

#1489 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

So you're pretty much going to completely ignore the actual character and how he's generally portrayed, and want to see him as a stereotypical American soldier.

No, not a stereotypical soldier - The ULTIMATE soldier! Sorry my vision offends you, it is just based on a reality that is too kick ass for the majority to comprehend. I have actually started work on Captain America fan fiction, where I re-imagined the character as a Marine from Vietnam, with extremely cliched dialogue and overflowing with patriotic awesomeness.

#1490 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

No, not a stereotypical soldier - The ULTIMATE soldier! Sorry my vision offends you, it is just based on a reality that is too kick ass for the majority to comprehend. I have actually started work on Captain America fan fiction, where I re-imagined the character as a Marine from Vietnam, with extremely cliched dialogue and overflowing with patriotic awesomeness.

Ah, the usual, "you don't understand it defence" how entertaining, rather than actually giving any valid reasons for changing the character you go with that particular one.

I'm impressed.

#1491 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Ah, the usual, "you don't understand it defence" how entertaining, rather than actually giving any valid reasons for changing the character you go with that particular one.

I'm impressed.

You have to understand that 50% of what I say is serious and the other 50% is just looking for entertainment by whatever means possible. Hilarious irony, extreme ridiculous violence, over the top cheezy cliche characters, these are things I relish and obsess over.

#1492 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm just kind of amazed I pegged you so well. You do still live in the 80's/90's and envision Captain America as a guy stuck in Vietnam.

#1493 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Lonewolf: The point of Cap is that he's outdated. That is rather literally the idea behind his character. If you don't like that, go read some soldier novels or some junk.

#1494 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Lonewolf: The point of Cap is that he's outdated. That is rather literally the idea behind his character. If you don't like that, go read some soldier novels or some junk.

I thought is was that he was a symbol of hope and freedom and he used his enhanced abilities,great combat skill and profound leadership to lead Earth's Greatest Heroes...

#1495 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

The OneManWolfPack is trolling all of you now. He hasn't cared like 7 posts ago

#1496 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

I just saw this trailer on IGN which was great. Its the Dark Knight Rises trailer 3 with the Batman Animated Series.

http://www.ign.com/a...animated-series

#1497 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Just saw that move 'Safe' with Jason Statham... Jeez it was ridiculously violent, I was actually shocked!

#1498 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Jason makes some damn good action movies. I'll check out Safe because Killer Elite was great.

#1499 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Jason makes some damn good action movies. I'll check out Safe because Killer Elite was great.

It is better than most Statham movies because of the heavy drama and the high stakes, normally his movies are more light-hearted and not taken as serious. It reminded me a lot of Taken, or maybe that move Running Scared with perhaps some John Woo scenes thrown in. Apparently the budget for ammo was 1 million dollars. I definitely believe that since there is constant fighting and shooting all through the movie.

#1500 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

I just saw Men in Black 3 and it was great. I never liked the first two films but this one was not only great but I liked the ending also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users