#2742 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

3262817-camsterr.jpg

Meh...  The first problem, is that Bat's never tends to be clean shaven.  The second, is that while Ben Affleck is a good actor, he'll have to do something completly different than Clooney, for me to buy him as Bats.

#2743 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Heh, anyone would have to do something different from Clooney to make a good Batman.

#2744 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Loved Kick-Ass 2. Saw it earlier this week and then today with my uncle. Enjoyed both times. Anyone have other thoughts on it?

#2745 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

LOL Clooney set the bar pretty damn low. I agree with Whedon's comments. Affleck is gone crush the role. He will knock it out the ballpark.

It has a lot of cursing. But this is a good scene with him. Affleck was great in this film, Paycheck, Town, Argo, and more.

#2746 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

I actually thought Clooney did a pretty good job as Bruce Wayne.  He just sucked as Batman.

Bale did a decent Wayne, but a better Batman(imo).

Affleck might just be the one to nail 'em both.

#2747 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

Keaton is still the most interesting movie Bruce Wayne/Batman. He's just as much of a freak as the villains he faces, especially in Returns.

Kimler and Clooney didn't get a chance to do anything worthwhile because their respective movies were so godawful.

Bale was OK, but his Batman voice was fucking stupid. None of the Nolan movies were interesting due to his portrayal of the character, though. Begins is watchable only because of Scarecrow and Ras, Dark Knight is all about Joker, and Rises is good due to the operatic ridiculousness of everything.

Considering how bad Man of Steel (and every other Zach Snyder movie) was, I have a feeling Affleck's gonna be tossed into the same camp as Kimler and Clooney. I just can't see Snyder and everyone else responsible for Man of Steel making a good Batman/Superman movie.

#2748 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yea Snyder will absolutely botch it, esp with Affleck.

#2749 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Keaton is still the most interesting movie Bruce Wayne/Batman. He's just as much of a freak as the villains he faces, especially in Returns.

Kimler and Clooney didn't get a chance to do anything worthwhile because their respective movies were so godawful.

Bale was OK, but his Batman voice was fucking stupid. None of the Nolan movies were interesting due to his portrayal of the character, though. Begins is watchable only because of Scarecrow and Ras, Dark Knight is all about Joker, and Rises is good due to the operatic ridiculousness of everything.

Considering how bad Man of Steel (and every other Zach Snyder movie) was, I have a feeling Affleck's gonna be tossed into the same camp as Kimler and Clooney. I just can't see Snyder and everyone else responsible for Man of Steel making a good Batman/Superman movie.

If that's the case, then they can kiss their Justice League plans goodbye. -_- , can someone explain to me why DC is incapable of making it's own properties work?

#2750 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Man of Steel wasn't horrible and did great at the box office (650 million all together which is close to 700 million). Man of Steel got mixed reviews. Some liked it and others didn't. It was a success. Many nods to certain Superman stories which I loved. I liked certain things like Jax Ur and Nathan Hardy's code name being Guardian which probably was a nod to the actually character in the comics. Nolan this time around just needs to carefully observe the script and anything he doesn't like this time he needs to just say no. Originally Nolan told them no to Superman killing Zod and they had to convince him.

I loved Kick-Ass 2. I like how these Directors take the bad shit out the Kick-Ass comics and use the good to make a better story on film. I liked Hit-Girl in the Kick-Ass 2 film way more then the comics because she had growth as a character. Half of that Kick-Ass 2 comic was shit.

#2751 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think Ben will do great. If they allow him to bring some of directing prowess to the table for any future Batman movies he'll really shine.

Hell, We may finally get to see Batman actually do some detective work instead of being outsmarted all the damn time. (like in the Nolan films)

I'm excited for it. Maybe not so much for the Batman/Man of Steel movie, but for a new Batman series. One where Bruce isn't an aloof playboy/millionaire who sounds as if he swallows gravel everytime he talks in his Dark Knight persona and gets his shit kicked around mentally and physically by almost every single opponent he faces.

#2752 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

If Snyder's idea for Superman consists of him disregarding people in harm's way and snapping the necks of villains, his Batman will probably sit on the top floor of the Wayne Enterprises skyscraper and shoot jaywalkers with a sniper rifle.

#2753 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Walter White is Lex Luthor.

#2754 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

I would follow Landon on Twitter.

#2755 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm more excited for updates on another Batman series starring Ben rather than what Snyder has in store for himvin MoS2.

Thoughts on who you guys would like to see in the next Batman movie?
I'd personally like to see Riddler.

#2756 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Wrote a blog post about this summer's movies. I'm sure y'all will hate my rankings:

http://mecha-guignol...-2013-flavored/

#2757 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Wrote a blog post about this summer's movies. I'm sure y'all will hate my rankings:

I think there was an error. Wolverine and Man of Steel got switched.

#2758 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Before I actually look at them, I want you and everyone else to know I'm super excited to see how much your opinions will piss off fanboys. So far, thanos has not let me down!

First Edit: I'm up to You're Next. Hearing good reviews from Landon on a movie I really want to see is awesome. I'm also glad he mirrors my views on Man of Steel, mainly because he can put them more eloquently than "Superman wasn't Superman".

Second Edit: Is it worth seeing Fast 5 and would I like Only God Forgives if I wasn't a big fan of Drive?

#2759 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Before I actually look at them, I want you and everyone else to know I'm super excited to see how much your opinions will piss off fanboys. So far, thanos has not let me down!

First Edit: I'm up to You're Next. Hearing good reviews from Landon on a movie I really want to see is awesome. I'm also glad he mirrors my views on Man of Steel, mainly because he can put them more eloquently than "Superman wasn't Superman".

Second Edit: Is it worth seeing Fast 5 and would I like Only God Forgives if I wasn't a big fan of Drive?

I aim to please.

#2760 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Actually, from what I think I've pegged regarding your taste from other various reviews, sounds about right to be honest. I disagree some of the lower ranked, but I'm pretty sure we have vastly different tastes(possibly aside from digging well-executed flat-out crazy awesome) and mindset going in, so that's kind of ok. Specifically wanna single out Lone Ranger at 7 being pretty interesting pick. Agree with the description, I caught an 8 pm showing the night before Monday and didn't regret it. The climax makes up for any flaws(which there were) by the choice of soundtrack alone if you're the right kind of person and I honestly want to think Verbinski was trying to modernize the film serial format with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users