2761 replies to this topic

#2721 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Actually, Wolverine getting shot in the head, and thereby losing his memory, was one of the things I did like about that movie.

It's actually a (relatively)believable way of having Wolverine lose his memory.

And saying that that makes the movie irrelevant, is like saying that the Wolverine: Origins comics is irrelevant.

In the first X-Men movie, we saw that Wolverine had no memory of his past, so Wolverine not losing his memory, would have been to completely ignore the continuity of the movie-verse, not to mention the comics.

#2722 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Wolverine Origins never told us the exact year it was in certain points of the film and obviously it jumped a couple of years in the first part of the film like two or three times all together.

Xavier was aged and balding in Origins. He was like 30ish when he got crippled in First Class.

#2723 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

It took place in 1962, First Class did. Extrapolate from that and AvP's point and you can have some idea.

#2724 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

In the first X-Men movie, it was stated that Magneto helped Professor X construct Cerebro, thus Magneto was able to build a helmet that was impervious to telepathy. Well in First Class, Magneto merely takes the helmet from Sebastian Shaw.

Anyways, the Heat was hilarious.

#2725 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

A bunch of stuff happens in the movie. Then Wolverine gets shot in the head and he forgets all of it.

We spent two hours watching a kinda crappy movie, only for the movie to tell us none of it mattered.

That alone makes the movie completely worthless. It's a meaningless, insignificant movie that TELLS US it's meaningless and insignificant.

Thankfully the newest Wolverine movie chose to ignore Origins' existence. I can handle X3 still being relevant. It's also a pretty bad movie, but the new movie expanded on its events about as well as you could expect.

This is actually an understandable reason. Wolverine doesn't go through any character development because he forgets what happens. It has no lasting implication on the character of Wolverine. However, I think that the movie itself up to that point was actually fairly good. And I think that the whole amnesia thing had to be done to fit in with the continuity, it's not like the movie had a "choice". The same, I suspect, with the multitude of mutants shoehorned in for cameos when they don't really contribute to the character of Wolverine all that much.

Anyways, I liked the new Wolverine.

#2726 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't go into a movie thinking "Man, I hope this doesn't fuck with the story lines of other movies!"? I usually go into a movie thinking "I hope I'm entertained for the next two hours", but hey, that's just me.

#2727 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hey. I do that too. It's just you claimed it doesn't contradict the other movies and I just felt like correcting.

#2728 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hey. I do that too. It's just you claimed it doesn't contradict the other movies and I just felt like correcting.

I thought they said X-Men First Class wasn't in the same time line? Or that Wolverine: Origins wasn't in the same timeline? OR MAYBE THEY ASSUMED PEOPLE WOULDN'T GET ANGRY OVER THIS SHIT.

#2729 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

After Days of Future Past then we will see how everything is all together story wise. Whether it's rebooted or changed in a big way. I think Bryan Singer and Vaugh are doing Days of Future Past for the same reasons you guys are talking about. Too many errors in the continuity. 

#2730 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm not angry. Storytelling over continuity, yeah!

#2731 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I've only seen Wolverine: Origins one time and it will probably stay that way.
I didn't like First Class much either.

Then again, I haven't really enjoyed any of the Xmen movies thus far. I'm always left feeling that they could be so much better.

#2732 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

After Days of Future Past then we will see how everything is all together story wise. Whether it's rebooted or changed in a big way. I think Bryan Singer and Vaugh are doing Days of Future Past for the same reasons you guys are talking about. Too many errors in the continuity. 

Yes, the way you fix continuity errors is by liberally using time travel. No, that makes perfect sense BigBaller. Good job.

#2733 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yes, the way you fix continuity errors is by liberally using time travel. No, that makes perfect sense BigBaller. Good job.

I'm just waiting for them to make/need a Final Crisis movie to set this shit straight. I mean, look at the Batman continuity. One day, George Clooney and Val Kilmer are gonna fight over who had the shittier movie (George Clooney totally does) and Christian Bale is just gonna be off to the side, talking shit to Michael Keaton because Heath Ledger was so much darker and difficult than Jack Nicholson.

#2734 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Sigh....

You do realize in a interview with IGN Bryan Singer said yeah they will try and repair things that happened in the previous films?IGN even asked him will they use the film to fix shit and he responded to that clearly. It's even titled Bryan Singer will be fixing shit with X-Men Last Stand.

Link below:

http://www.ign.com/a...-men-last-stand

#2735 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

What? They didn't say that they were going to fix already present continuity issues, they said that they would create different branching universes where certain characters that died (Jean Grey and Cyclops) can be seen, and that they'll be mixing First class with X1/2/3. That's not cleaning up continuity, that sounds like a complete clusterf*ck.

#2736 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

Bryan Singer and Vaugh are great together. I'm sure they will come up with something that will be good. As long as Fox lets them do their thing like with First Class. If they fix any shit up that just makes it better. The sentinels are looking great so far from the pics that have been coming out. Not surprised Wolverine is the one who gets sent back to his younger self and not Kitty.

#2737 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Ben Affleck is Batman. I guess no one's seen Daredevil in Hollywood.

#2738 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Seeing the hate for Heath Ledger as The Joker and how that turned out has given me, not faith per se, but a willingness to not complain like a bitch anymore than my initial reaction.

#2739 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Comic fans complain regardless of whether good or bad decisions are made when it comes to superhero films. Hollywood because of it just ignores them now. Ben Affleck has been great for years now as a writer and director. He has also starred in good movies as an actor that people forget. I guess people bitching about him haven't seen Daredevil the Director's Cut. I'm surprised Ben Affleck took the role. It's going to be interesting to see him in Batman vs Superman and Justice League. He could play a good Bruce Wayne for sure. Batman is the one up in the air. Though I don't doubt him.

I'll tell you one thing. Ben Affleck wouldn't have joined if the script wasn't somewhat good with whatever they have so far. He has been great and won multiple awards since Daredevil.

#2740 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

He also made Gigli since Daredevil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users