• Please log in to reply
725 replies to this topic

#681 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

The actor they have playing Hannibal is AWESOME.

#682 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

http://www.hitfix.co...for-summer-2014 Boratz, I believe I have just made your day.

#683 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Whoever came up with the event series idea at Fox needs a raise. Someone must have realized they need to put more effort into having great drama and action shows like other networks. This means they can test out new series and if they don't work it doesn't matter since the shows would be over anyways. If they are a success they could keep making event series with the until they are confident it will be a big enough success as a whole 24 episode season. It also will cost them less money as well. I would love for them to do this with the Sarah Connor Terminator show but those Terminator rights are all over the place. I don't who know has them at this point. Maybe one company has it now rather then both Fox and Warner Brothers like before. Fox could bring back popular shows they canceled with this idea to please fans as well.

#684 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Incredible! Community survives everything (even uneven writing) and gets the 5th season. Could they pull of the 'sex seasons and a movie' routine they always wanted.

On another note, boy did NBC clean house this season. I think over half of their shows ended this month, including The Office, 30 rock, Whitney, Go On among others. They'll have to plan something big if they want to win the fall lineup.

#685 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, reading

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

ignore.

Found a better place to post what i previously posted here cause I realized this wasn't the best place to post it.

#686 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

What do you guys of the season finale of Arrow?

I though it was pretty cool how Merlyn is able to catch an arrow and what not. I do wonder how Merlyn learned archery and fighting and what not.

Also, one thing that kinda stuck in the back of head is that after beating Oliver twice, Merlyn was killed by Oliver simply stabbing him, which seamed kinda...... something.. Not sure what though. I not picky about stuff like that in shows or movies though so I enjoyed it anyway

#687 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ollie didn't kill Merlyn. I think he spared him. Awesome episode.

#688 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Ollie didn't kill Merlyn. I think he spared him. Awesome episode.

Oh....

I guess I though that becaus he actually just passed put instead of dieing. I'm glad I was wrong about him dieing though. He probably will come back later.

#689 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I wonder what Arrow's next big arc for Season 2 will be.

#690 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I should have stuck with Arrow, I guess. Especially since his bodyguard seems to have developed into a more major character and he was the only thing I liked about the pilot. Maybe I'll give it a second try sometime.

I recently got back into Community, despite everything that I missed. Love that show; it never fails to make me laugh out loud.

Also, final season of Burn Notice starting up sometime this Summer. I have mixed feelings towards it. On the one hand, Burn Notice was/is one of my favorite TV series of all time. On the other, it got really bad after about the middle of the fourth season (in my opinion, anyway). If they manage to use this season to return the show to its roots and do more of what made me love the show in the first place before letting it pass with dignity, I'm okay with that. Much better than having it die a slow death of several consecutive crappy seasons before fading away into obscurity (the path the show is currently on).

Holy crap guys, Person of Interest and Game of Thrones. Still awesome. Currently my two favorite shows and the only ones I watch on a regular basis. Well, except for Defiance, which is better than I expected and certainly better than SyFy deserves :P

#691 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yeah Defiance is actually a good show. I like the characters and the world it's developing every episode. Arrow turned out to be a huge hit for CW. I love the show.

#692 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

*pzzt* I interrupt this (relatively empty) discussion to bring you this special report.

I have come to the attention of a great travesty. Once upon a time, my sisters brought my attention to a certain TV show. Long forgotten about syndicated fantasy, I was quite reluctant to watch it. Yet on that Saturday night, my life was transformed forever. That night, I watched Legend of the Seeker. It certainly wasn't the best of shows, but it served as the right guilty pleasure for a man who was (and still is) limited to manistream programming. But after two years and two seasons, tragedy struck. The Tribune company went bankrupt. And as a way to try and save money they ended up cancelling the one show I looked forward to on Saturday nights. It was a harsh time to say the least. I even swore off watching the channel for weeks. Eventually, I decided to move on with my life and relive the memories via youtube.

Yet the fans never gave up. And now, they have the opportunity to give the show one more shot at reviving the show. You see, Smgo.com has offered its services to try and revive the show. In six days, over 7000 votes have already made the pledge to make their voices heard. However, they need about the same number of votes in order to get the help from Smgo. Afterwards, the funding stage will begin. But I will need your help in getting there. What you can do is to come out and place a vote for that network. Even if you hate fantasy, go out and tell your friends that do like it and tell them to vote. Here's the link below:

http://www.smgo.tv/s...er_id_vote=7885

I appreciate what this site has done to me in enlightening the magic of pop culture and all of the characters that the omniverse has to offer. If you accept this plea to help me, I will be eternally grateful for it. I may not be the loudest voice in CBUB, but we all have our shows that we want to bring back as well as the heartache when a show gets cancelled. At least help this one feel just a bit happier.

I now return you to your regular discussion board. *pzzzt*

#693 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eave-Doctor-Who

Damn, that was sudden. Only two more episodes to go, then bye bye Matt Smith. :( Probably my second favorite Doctor ever, right after Tom Baker. Bow ties will always be cool.

#694 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eave-Doctor-Who

Damn, that was sudden. Only two more episodes to go, then bye bye Matt Smith. :( Probably my second favorite Doctor ever, right after Tom Baker. Bow ties will always be cool.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, that just sucks. I love Matt Smith as the Doctor. I guess that's just the nature of the show. The next guy has a lot to live up to, though.

In other news, the new Arrested Development episodes are pretty good. Maybe not as good as the original series, but still very funny. 

#695 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This was my reaction too. :( Four years is a good run, but it just seems like they went by so... quickly. It felt like Tennant was around a lot longer for me. But I agree, he was absolutely fantastic as the Doc.

#696 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Only read the following if you've seen the Game of Thrones season finale:

Spoiler

#697 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

You haven't read the books, have you?

#698 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Stick with it. Shit gets real.

#699 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

I knew what was going to happen but it still pissed me off.
Joffrey is no longer my least favorite character.

But yeah, Redfield, stick with it. It gets intense.
If the end upset you as much as it did me, you'll enjoy what happens next.

#700 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

You haven't read the books, have you?

Negative. And I'm kind of happy about that in hindsight.

Stick with it. Shit gets real.

But yeah, Redfield, stick with it. It gets intense.
If the end upset you as much as it did me, you'll enjoy what happens next.

I honestly don't think I can bring myself to do it. I mean, even if Walder Frey and the Lannisters (except for Tyrion, obviously) all get strung up and fed to a bunch of angry roosters, the damage will have already been done.

Right in the feels, man. All the feels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users