725 replies to this topic

#41 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

Alright, I'm gonna add my moneys worth here.

X-Files/Supernatural.

Nuff said.

i would like to see that.

#42 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

*SWAT vs GSG9. Anyone else notice these guys like going for the eyes a little too much? Also the final kill in the simulation was funny as hell: "SWAT: Im in the car."GSG9: Oh sh-*bang*"

That was crap, SWAT has buckshot ammo that with a center mass shot would stand very little chance of putting a GSG9 and his Body Armour out of action for good. What should have happened was Shotty Bang, GSG9 goes down, Swat turns around to look cool and then Bang solid Slug Shotty punches right through the Swats head splattering brains over the camera...

Also, unfair advantage to the Swat for getting Perfect view for lay of the land, Perfect view for seeing their opposition right off the bat while remaining perfectly safe, and having the high ground...

Leads me to think that if the deck wasn't stacked against the GSG9 they would have won by a far greater margin. But then again this is an American Show and has to have Americans win whenever they're on the show... and I don't think that the program has any cancel against Programmer Bias...

#43 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

That was crap, SWAT has buckshot ammo that with a center mass shot would stand very little chance of putting a GSG9 and his Body Armour out of action for good. What should have happened was Shotty Bang, GSG9 goes down, Swat turns around to look cool and then Bang solid Slug Shotty punches right through the Swats head splattering brains over the camera...

Also, unfair advantage to the Swat for getting Perfect view for lay of the land, Perfect view for seeing their opposition right off the bat while remaining perfectly safe, and having the high ground...

Leads me to think that if the deck wasn't stacked against the GSG9 they would have won by a far greater margin. But then again this is an American Show and has to have Americans win whenever they're on the show... and I don't think that the program has any cancel against Programmer Bias...

if it were biased towards americans then explain the green berret loseing to the spetznas .
i wasn't bias the swat won.
and the american sniper rifel had the most kills.
thats why it ended the way it did the little fight at the end is not programed that way it is just made to show what weapon
had the most kills.

#44 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

well i never liked specspidey anyways . maybe the ultimate spiderman show will be better.
and whats this about a young justice cartoon.

Young Justice

#45 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

Young Justice

why the hell is aqualad black...

i know they said they wanted some diversity but damn, aqualad?

#46 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

if it were biased towards americans then explain the green berret loseing to the spetznas .
i wasn't bias the swat won.
and the american sniper rifel had the most kills.
thats why it ended the way it did the little fight at the end is not programed that way it is just made to show what weapon
had the most kills.

I actually think that they screwed something up.

The HK G36 should be the Superior weapon to the LWRC-PSD. It fires the Same rounds, has a slightly higher weight to help suppress recoil, has a much higher rate of fire, and a longer barrel to allow the bullet to burn more powder. Even on single shot the higher weight would allow the User to not have to readjust his aim as much to account for the buck of the shot. Which means that when firing the HKG36 rapidly you can put more rounds on target faster with greater accuracy than the LWRC-PSD.

The fact that it only got 136 kills compared to the LWRC-PSD's 227... a difference of 91 kills! Leads me to think that there is a problem...

As for the Sniper Rifles... the Remington got 271 kills to the PSG1's 205 (66 kill difference) when they actually showed that the PSG1 was slightly better than or at least completely Equal to the Remington in accuracy, the fact that each of these weapons has very high Lethality and Armour penetration makes comparison of power a non-factor.

As for the Shotguns... well since Both teams are wearing Kevlar armour I would take the Solid Slugs over the Buckshot any day of the week. Most standard issue vests (without the need for Armoured Plates) have shown the ability to easily stop Most 12 gauge Buckshot rounds. Though a Solid Slug would sail through these vests like cheese cloth. The fact that Both the Swat and the GSG9 Shotguns got roughly the Same amount of kills leads me to think that something is wrong here.

As for the Green Beret vs Spetsnaz, I haven't seen that one. But the Green Beret is a Generalized Special Forces Organization, If they were against Delta Force then it would have been different.

#47 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

I actually think that they screwed something up.

The HK G36 should be the Superior weapon to the LWRC-PSD. It fires the Same rounds, has a slightly higher weight to help suppress recoil, has a much higher rate of fire, and a longer barrel to allow the bullet to burn more powder. Even on single shot the higher weight would allow the User to not have to readjust his aim as much to account for the buck of the shot. Which means that when firing the HKG36 rapidly you can put more rounds on target faster with greater accuracy than the LWRC-PSD.

The fact that it only got 136 kills compared to the LWRC-PSD's 227... a difference of 91 kills! Leads me to think that there is a problem...

As for the Sniper Rifles... the Remington got 271 kills to the PSG1's 205 (66 kill difference) when they actually showed that the PSG1 was slightly better than or at least completely Equal to the Remington in accuracy, the fact that each of these weapons has very high Lethality and Armour penetration makes comparison of power a non-factor.

As for the Shotguns... well since Both teams are wearing Kevlar armour I would take the Solid Slugs over the Buckshot any day of the week. Most standard issue vests (without the need for Armoured Plates) have shown the ability to easily stop Most 12 gauge Buckshot rounds. Though a Solid Slug would sail through these vests like cheese cloth. The fact that Both the Swat and the GSG9 Shotguns got roughly the Same amount of kills leads me to think that something is wrong here.

As for the Green Beret vs Spetsnaz, I haven't seen that one. But the Green Beret is a Generalized Special Forces Organization, If they were against Delta Force then it would have been different.

Im agreeing with the shotguns part, and I expected the subversion at the end as well. Though I dont take the official pre-fight adv. seriously...(ex. Alex the great vs Atilla: Ballista won over ax there ,yet got 7 kills compared to the 95 kills via ax...despite armor test fail on its part!!), as well as the simulation: Considering its more for entertainment as well as me and my friends finding several oddities(ex. Pirate vs Knight: Pirate taking a flail/morningstar shot to the head. Unless he had a kevlar hat on I think he'd die there. As well as any of the times that arrows/distractions prove useless)

I think the aftermath is up for this fight, so check that out

As for the next match, Im not sure about the james gang equipment except for revolvers(possibly dual wielded if the intro can be shown) and maybe a winchester lever-action. Though I think automatics for Capones gang will be the winner...

#48 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

:huh: Episode 19 is Vlad The Impaler vs. Sun Tzu... wtf are they thinking?

Vlad was a Warrior Ruler, Tzu was a Tactician and Strategist... That's like pitting the Jock against the Nerd in a fight to the death.

#49 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

what day is ultimate warrior on? I keep missing it

#50 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

what day is ultimate warrior on? I keep missing it

tonight

#51 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

i was thinking syfy should do it's own version of the deadliest worrior but use charicters from fiction.
and have the writers come and debate for the charicters anyone would anyone else watch this.

#52 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

i was thinking syfy should do it's own version of the deadliest worrior but use charicters from fiction.
and have the writers come and debate for the charicters anyone would anyone else watch this.

Yes, and no. The idea seems intresting, and if enough time is put into it(ie. recreating powers/weapons) it could make for nice stuff blowing up. However, there are a few glaring flaws. Stuff like copywright and that junk are one, but I have two that invole the inconclusiveness of the show itself:

1. Unlike deadliest warrior, which at least tests real-life equipment with real experts for actual results, the fiction fight has no real basis. Its all up to the creator/writer/etc. which could be bad if he "did not do the research". Sure it could be written that one guy is a crack-shot w/ a gun or can bench press a truck but a characters feats, especially ones that are so vague, probably cant be accurately tested(or tested at all) as abilities and powers really get out there from reality. That leaves pure debating which leads into...

2. Just go over to the CBUB battleboard and thumb through a few fights that have comments actually relating to the fight. With the exception of a few master debators on here, I dont wanna sit through 40 min. of that kind of arguing. Oh god the backlash, just look at what DW gets...magnify that several fold. I know if my fav. character lost in such an "official" way cause some guy who probably knows less about the subject than someone who spent a few min. on wiki, let alone a diehard fan who wrote said wiki, then Id be all kinds of pissed. For DW, theyre at least backed by the tests.

An intresting idea nonetheless...

#53 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

Yes, and no. The idea seems intresting, and if enough time is put into it(ie. recreating powers/weapons) it could make for nice stuff blowing up. However, there are a few glaring flaws. Stuff like copywright and that junk are one, but I have two that invole the inconclusiveness of the show itself:

1. Unlike deadliest warrior, which at least tests real-life equipment with real experts for actual results, the fiction fight has no real basis. Its all up to the creator/writer/etc. which could be bad if he "did not do the research". Sure it could be written that one guy is a crack-shot w/ a gun or can bench press a truck but a characters feats, especially ones that are so vague, probably cant be accurately tested(or tested at all) as abilities and powers really get out there from reality. That leaves pure debating which leads into...

2. Just go over to the CBUB battleboard and thumb through a few fights that have comments actually relating to the fight. With the exception of a few master debators on here, I dont wanna sit through 40 min. of that kind of arguing. Oh god the backlash, just look at what DW gets...magnify that several fold. I know if my fav. character lost in such an "official" way cause some guy who probably knows less about the subject than someone who spent a few min. on wiki, let alone a diehard fan who wrote said wiki, then Id be all kinds of pissed. For DW, theyre at least backed by the tests.

An intresting idea nonetheless...

yeah but i think both the copy right and stupid arguements problem would be erased by having
the writers and creaters of the charicters come in and debate .
because of course you have permission to use them if the guy or companey who owns the rights
agrees to come on the show.

and surely they would be mature enough to admit when there chericter loses.

that still leaves the testing problem it would be veary hard to find out what a punch
from the hulk or the thing would do to someone but not imossible.

and iam surprised with the ratings deadliest worrior is pulling in that syfy has not thought of it.

#54 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Thundercats to return

THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#55 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

I really wish they'd bring back MST3K in some shape or form.

#56 Rhekarid

Rhekarid

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

I really wish they'd bring back MST3K in some shape or form.

You mean like this form?

#57 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

Close enough.

#58 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING! Well, sort of. Lets hope they don't screw this up....

#59 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

So, Regular Show. Thoughts? Loved it. Hilarious, just the perfect followup to Adventure Time. definitely on my Monday watchlist. Bummed there wasn't a new Mystery Inc. And how about MAD? It's hit and miss? Loved CSICarly, but it as a whole relied on too much toilet humor. Johnny Test? Still don't like.

#60 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:08 PM

Oh, I must congratulate you VGM. Your constant Adventure Time plugs made me watch one episode the other day.

Honestly, I don't know what to say. The show may be beaming world domination plans into my brain and I wouldn't notice. Watching it puts my brain in a trance.

So yes, I'll be watching it more often. Might try those shows too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users