• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

Thanks sky for taking over eve. Now its so far its pretty good for teams, but a few things:

Venom:Manga looks ok(though skykorean is the expert there), but I dont think I can allow godzilla or ashoka considering they started their run outside comics.

SKirmisher:Feel free to color your squad, though I wont have it mandatory. Also if noone else minds I figure I can allow strange and fate. Though how strong is non-virus cable and I cant find stats for supes 1m(keep finding kal kent)

Marvel Man: Sure go ahead and use a gundam, Were using mater asia after all.

Shadow: Hmm I figure I can have alucard, though like the earl example if he gets hit with something that turns him into chunky salsa he aint regening and is out of the fight

I know all:Spawn, and kyubi: see above example for Earl/Alucard

Lastly for everyone: No more copies. Quite a few people have luffy, kenpachi too. Kenshiros not too bad but he does have more than one person using him

#22 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Superman One Million:

http://dc.wikia.com/...DC_One_Million)

And Non-Virus Cable went one on one with the Silver Surfer while holding a city via telekinesis. He's pretty darn tough.

Also, I've got a few problems with Skirmisher's team. First of all, doesn't this stop psychics from entering?

No mind controlling

Second, shouldn't this keep magicians from entering?

*No powerful illusions

I apologize if this looks like I'm being a poor sport, but I considered several on Skirmisher's team, but then chose not to use them due to the rules. Also, there's absolutely no team here that could stop Dr. Strange/Fate combo.

Except maybe Tenchi, who I once heard was some type of crazy TLT guy...

Anyways, is it alright if I just switch Firestorm out? I've got a better choice.

Comics:

Deadpool
Power Girl
Flash (Wally West)
Hulk (Classic)
Amazo

If not, I'll take Firestorm (Jason Rusch).

#23 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Superman One Million:

http://dc.wikia.com/...DC_One_Million)

And Non-Virus Cable went one on one with the Silver Surfer while holding a city via telekinesis. He's pretty darn tough.

Also, I've got a few problems with Skirmisher's team. First of all, doesn't this stop psychics from entering?

Second, shouldn't this keep magicians from entering?

I apologize if this looks like I'm being a poor sport, but I considered several on Skirmisher's team, but then chose not to use them due to the rules. Also, there's absolutely no team here that could stop Dr. Strange/Fate combo.

Except maybe Tenchi, who I once heard was some type of crazy TLT guy...

Anyways, is it alright if I just switch Firestorm out? I've got a better choice.

Comics:[b]

Deadpool
Power Girl
Flash (Wally West)
Hulk (Classic)
[b]Amazo

In all honesty, I figured I would just strip That particular ability from use if its that powerful and he had access to other attacks(also for illusions I specifically mentioned on level of aizen or itachi where its insta win) similar to being invincible but u can get KOd...granted maybe u should directly talk to skirm if still not convinced itd be fair.

Also as long as ur fair I dont mind questions on other teams. In fact it be pretty difficult for just me and SK to grade all teams and have it be fair, were fairly proficient but were not experts on everything.

Lastly go ahead and switch out if ya want. Nothing has been finalized yet. Though I dont want any arms race with how can we push the rules

#24 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

Venom:Manga looks ok(though skykorean is the expert there), but I dont think I can allow godzilla or ashoka considering they started their run outside comics.

Ok, I have replaced Godzilla and Ahsoka with Mac Gargan Venom and Black Cat.

#25 XenoD

XenoD

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Normal stuff, you know like World Conquest

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Eh, what the heck.

Manga
Kei Kurono
Hiruma(ES21)
Stereotypical Busty Catgirl
Shishio
Yachiru

Comics
Daken
David Xanatos(Technically Gargoyles is in Comics)
Tigra
Norman Osborn
Aunt May

#26 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

Luffy have you seen the gears if you did superman will have a hard time

Wait, what?

I can honestly say that Superman would tear Luffy apart.

#27 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Wait, what?

I can honestly say that Superman would tear Luffy apart.

Really.... will I highly think superman can tear luffy apart because HE IS MADE OUT OF RUBBER and he also can take supermans hits why will let see he got zap by lighting and all of his enemy kind of destory every thing around him and him.... and not to mention that superman will not do that because it not his style
( spelling going to be way off)

All i'm saying he will fair aganist him or give him a hard fight

#28 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

I know all:Spawn, and kyubi: see above example for Earl/Alucard

Medeival Spawn is not the same as the other spawns. He isn't a god nor is has as powerful as normal spawns

This is the one i'm talking about.

Posted Image

and Kyuubi isn't cosmic or god, he is just a demon.

After you see this, tell me if i'm allowed either.

#29 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

Medeival Spawn is not the same as the other spawns. He isn't a god nor is has as powerful as normal spawns

This is the one i'm talking about.

Posted Image

and Kyuubi isn't cosmic or god, he is just a demon.

After you see this, tell me if i'm allowed either.

No, keep em, Im just saying like alucard and earl: If they get put down for the fight they stay down for the round, even if they normally could come back(eventually).

#30 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

let see he got zap by lighting and all of his enemy kind of destory every thing around him and him.... and not to mention that superman will not do that because it not his style

I'm not insulting you here, I didn't really know how you meant for me to take your post, but did you use luffy withstanding electricity as a feat? Because rubber tends to do that.

Really.... will I highly think superman can tear luffy apart because HE IS MADE OUT OF RUBBER

And, were you being sarcastic on that bit?

#31 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

I'm not insulting you here, I didn't really know how you meant for me to take your post, but did you use luffy withstanding electricity as a feat? Because rubber tends to do that.
And, were you being sarcastic on that bit?

I overreactd a bit, sorry. But still

Luffys power...Barely after reaching the grand line!Seriosly not even using gears!

Nope, not extly from wiki:"Eating the Gum-Gum Fruit gave his whole body the properties of rubber,[10] which makes him virtually immune to all blunt force attacks (including the round flintlock bullets used in the One Piece universe). The fruit also gave him the ability to stretch at will. Combined with the elasticity of his body, he uses that ability to accelerate parts or the whole of his body as if shot by a slingshot to deliver punches, kicks, headbutts, body checks, or simply for propulsion."

Meaning supes will not be able to hurt luffy as much as he should with punches. And dont say he heat visions cause he would not do that regularly.

#32 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

I overreactd a bit, sorry. But still

Luffys power...Barely after reaching the grand line!Seriosly not even using gears!

Nope, not extly from wiki:"Eating the Gum-Gum Fruit gave his whole body the properties of rubber,[10] which makes him virtually immune to all blunt force attacks (including the round flintlock bullets used in the One Piece universe). The fruit also gave him the ability to stretch at will. Combined with the elasticity of his body, he uses that ability to accelerate parts or the whole of his body as if shot by a slingshot to deliver punches, kicks, headbutts, body checks, or simply for propulsion."

Meaning supes will not be able to hurt luffy as much as he should with punches. And dont say he heat visions cause he would not do that regularly.

Fine, Freeze Breath :)

#33 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

Fine, Freeze Breath :)

Exactly, after admiral Aokiji(The ice guy of the manga) froze Luffy, he could've shattered him to pieces.

And, how strong is Superman exactly? Somebody tell me, because I'm sure that he's stronger than Garp.

#34 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

In my personal view I don't think superman freeze breath it the same strength as Aokij [really he froze a small part of the ocean with in one minute(I think)]

and Grap may be even with superman because we never saw him fight seriously( if you have a link when he get serious post one )

#35 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

In my personal view I don't think superman freeze breath it the same strength as Aokij [really he froze a small part of the ocean with in one minute(I think)]

and Grap may be even with superman because we never saw him fight seriously( if you have a link when he get serious post one )

When Superman blows wrong he creates F5 tornadoes and Hechan Travel at FTL Speeds. He could Frezze all tyhe water on Earth in that same time if he wantwed too/

#36 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

When Superman blows wrong he creates F5 tornadoes and Hechan Travel at FTL Speeds. He could Frezze all tyhe water on Earth in that same time if he wantwed too/

I see will I not the comic expert so this all new to me but the thing is you look way down on Luffy even if superman has this power he will still come at superman at full strength

Look I not saying Luffy will win against superman but will at least have a hard time I mean it Luffy you seen him in action

#37 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Don't have time to join. Do have time to comment...later.

#38 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Look I not saying Luffy will win against superman but will at least have a hard time I mean it Luffy you seen him in action

Yes I have seen Luffy in action, and he is by no means even close to Superman. The gears won't work to get even remotely close to give Luffy a chance, hell I doubt his Haki can even give him equal footing, and that's including what's he's done in the latest chapter.

Let's look at the feats of Supes, he's lifted mountains for training, survived a trip through the sun.

Hell, if he sneezes improperly, he could blow up a solar system.

Posted Image

#39 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

Wasn't he able to sneeze out the solar system because he had a Magic Cold?

The fact that it took Magic amping him up like that kinda negates this feat for a show of power.

#40 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

Does anybody have any idea how strong the current Superman is? I don't read comics, so I wouldn't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users