#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Okay, some of you remember this from the Haven of Wiidom...well, here we go again. This is my first Electric Ferret Forum RP.

In a realm where many realities have converged upon each other, a great evil seeks world domination (What's new?) So, there is one large planet with many alternating realities (ex: Khazan). Now different classes of characters from those realities are looking for answers; some want to stop the would be conqueror, some want answers, some want to usurp the power and some just want to fight. This is where you come in. I am going to try to make this a one on one fighting RP with a storyline. I've pulled it off once, let's do it again.

First, you pick a kit (ex: FPL...starting to see where I'm getting my inspiration). There are five realities (kits) that have merged and in each of those five kits are five characters. Pick a kit, pick a character and I will give you all the attributes of that character through PM. Don't give your character a name or characteristics until I have PM'd you and acknowledged you are playing. Once everyone has entered and picked a character, I will display the rules of the game. I guarantee you it will be fun.

So, here are your choices (and yes, two people can be the same type of character)

Classic Movie Monster kit
- Mummy
- Vampire
- Frankenstein
- Werewolf
- Ghost

Sci Fi Adventure kit
- Space Adventurer
- Kaiju Monster
- Cyborg
- Alien Invaders
- Space Mech

Action Adventure kit
- Explorer
- Super Cop
- Martial Artist
- Military
- Ghost Hunter

Sword and Sorcery kit
- Barbarian
- Wizard
- Elf
- Dragon
- Troll

Comic Book kit
- Super Soldier
- Super Man
- World Conqueror
- Mad Scientist
- Manga Super Fighter

Each character has five attributes:
Example
Mind - 4
Body - 3
Agility - 3
Strength - 2
Energy - 1

Attribute levels:
1 - puny human
2 - regular joe
3 - above average (olympian/scholar/sharpshooter/serious chi)
4 - super human (brilliant/spidey/colossus/human torch)
5 - RUN!! (powerhouse/Hulk/Sup's/Reed Richards)

These attributes rank in level from 1 to 5. When you pick your character, I will PM you the rank of your character. Keep this and remember it.

The Rules:

Okay, this is a Tournament style turn based RP. I lead the story along and within certain parts of the story, you will encounter various members that have entered the RP. Upon encountering the members a battle must ensue for each member to continue. However, only the winner of the battle will continue. Until finally one victor will rise amongst the ashes. Let's get to the rules of the game shall we...

The Battle:

Once two members have encountered each other, they will have to fight. I will be in complete control of the point system. I have a simple mathmatic system that will determine who wins or loses a battle. The whole system will be based on your attributes. This is why it's crucial that nobody knows your attributes. I will not go into any detail of the mathmatic system. It's mine. I am 100% honest. I will tally points. I will determine the winner. As you know, you have five attributes: Mind, Body, Agility, Strength and Energy. Let's break these down.

Mind (head): This is your intelligence. In battle mode, this can also be considered your big ol head.
Body (your body, duh): This is your toughness. In battle mode, this is the thing your appendages is attached to.
Agility (legs): This is your speed and nimbleness. In battle mode, this is your legs.
Strength (Arms): This is how strong you are. In battle mode, these are your arms and hands.
Energy/ (Willpower or Stamina): This is any energized projection your character may have: Fire, water, magnetism, magic or laser whips coming out of your nose. It can be attacked by your opponent as will or stamina.

In battle mode, when two opponents meet they will attack with one of their attributes against any part of their opponents attributes.
Ex:

Marvel Man: I use Mind (head) to attack your Body.

After explaining how he'll attack, Marvel Man will then explain his attack. As the RPer, you may describe your attack any way you choose. Be creative. You may simply yell out the name of an attack or you may go into detail, it's completely up to you.
Ex 1:

Marvel Man: As (insert character name here) walks quietly through the cavern, he eyes (insert opponents name here) in the distance. Without hesitation he (creates some ingenious trap).

Ex 2:

Marvel Man: SONIC LASER EYE ATTACK!! (attack shoots sonic lasers from eyes)

Either way or anyway is acceptable. Now, this is a turn based RP; meaning only one attack per post and per round. You attack and then your opponent attacks. You attack and then your opponent attacks. Until somebody dies (which I will inform you of). Size matters not. All that matters is the attributes. If you say,

strength attacks head
I throw a building at Marvel Man.

That's okay, if you have the power to do it. To pick up a building, you would have to be a 5 level strength. A 4 may destroy the building and throw parts of it at the opponent, but a 4 can't pick up a building. Maybe a small house. I won't be that detailed about it. I'll let a lot slide as long as it's not too ridiculous.

Defense:

Now, just because you attack doesn't mean it will always prevail and not every turn has to be an attack. You may also use your turn to defend. All you have to do is say you choose defense and pick an attribute to defend with. As well, not every defense will prevail. Hint: Defend and attack with your more powerful attributes. The trick is trying to find out the weak points of your opponent and beating that spot to a pulp. Hint: Think about the opponent and think about what would be weak on that opponent. If your opponent is a Jelly Blob more than likely he's not going to be very smart. Aim for the Mind (Head).

Here's an example (a rather weak one) of what an entire match should look like (I'll use Marvel Man and Darkender as models):

Marvel Man: Mind (head) attacks Body
(insert characters name here) fires eye beams at (insert opponents name here)

Darkender: Defense: body
(insert characters name here's) body becomes rock hard.

Marvel Man: Agility (legs) attacks Strength (arms)
(insert characters name here) flys forward and kicks (opponent) in the arms.

Darkender: Strength attacks body
Grabs (opponent) by the waist and slams him against the wall.

This will continue until I've tallied the points and determined the winner. At which point, I will close the topic and announce the winner of that round. The winner will advance to the next round.

Attribute Bonus:
Winners of each round will get an attribute power up. The winner will get to steal one attribute level from your defeated opponents strongest attribute. I will PM you your new stats. If your attribute is maxed in that stat, then you will take your opponents next strongest attribute. The loser just dies and scurries home.

The Peoples Choice
As an added bonus, I will place a Poll and readers can vote on who they think the winner was during the fight. If the winner of the poll was also the winner of the match, he/she will also get an extra attribute of my choosing. Congrats.

I guess this sums up the game. Now, post your questions and I will answer as many as I can before I post the RP (which won't start till sometime after Christmas).

#2 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

Sounds awesome. I choose the sci-fi kit and the cyborg. But I can't pick a name or write his character until you PM me, right?

#3 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

Gimme a Ghost...

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

Sounds awesome. I choose the sci-fi kit and the cyborg. But I can't pick a name or write his character until you PM me, right?

right.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

Those who have been PM'd may update your character's profile in the same spot you chose your character. Here is an example of a profile created by MarvelFan15 when we did this RP on Haven Of Wiidom.

I am MarvelFan, and I choose Comic Book Kit: Super Man!
Name: Robert Marcus Kuhn

Born with an irreversible blood desiese, Robert M. Kunh's parents, William Kuhn and Lisa Ann Sullivan Kuhn, were faced with a horrible choice. Robert could become the first human to ever become succesfully frozen cryogenically, until they could develope a cure, or let their child die a painful death.

As optimistic as the former decision sounds, it was laced with dangers. Robert was incredibly young to be frozen in this manner, and the freezing process could do him serious harm. There was also the fact of the cure coming too late, not for Robert, but for his parents. They might not live to see the day their child is finally cured.

Yet, despite the looming dangers and possible outcome, Lisa's and William's love for their child overcame their worries, and mental obsticals, and they decided to freeze him. It went succesfully, but they would never see Robert move again, as the cure would not come until later.

They never regretted their decision.
--

Robert was thawed nearly 100 years later. The doctors were ready with the cure the moment the child was out. The disease was inert from the cold, but only for a short while, but enough time for the doctors to inject the serum. Instead of killing the disease however, it reacted with it, and caused the baby's health to reach spectacular levels. Thew doctors mearly thought the serum had worked...but, in truth, it had worked too well.

As the child grew up, in a foster home, his powers took affect. To this day he retains superhuman strength, speed, and resilience towards harm of all sorts. He has the ability to fly, but not for more than a few hours at any given time. To compensate, he carries a high-tech jet pack, and can reach speeds close to Mach 5 without it, and Mach 10 with it.
--

Personality: Nice. A tad bit shy. When angered, he grows rather cruel when facing opponents, and uses some dirty tactics, but soon his nice side finds its way back into his dominance. He is a great inspirational speaker as well, and tends to taunt his enemies.

#6 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

I'm honored that you chose my old character as a representation of what to do...

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:04 AM

No prop, Bob...you joining this time around?

#8 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:57 AM

OMG! Action Adventure kit for me! I wanna be a Super Cop!

So... yeah, sounds fun. I'm in.

EDIT: Here's my character now. Let me know what you think.
_________

Name: Lei Choy

Background: Born in a suburb of Pearl City, Hawaii. Lei has two oddly shaped birthmarks on her lower back. Her grandmother used to say they are the marks of Pele and Haumea, two strong Hawaiian goddesses, promising her greatness in the future. Lei's father died when she was five, leaving her mother to take care of her and her four siblings. When Lei got a little older, she was usually left in charge of the household when her mother was at work and her older sisters in school. Lei, being neither the oldest nor the youngest, felt she didn't really stand out from the crowd unless she worked a little harder than everyone else, something that would characterize her for the rest of her life. Her mother made a modest income, but the family had a lot of friends and neighbours who helped each other out. Whenever someone needed help, be it financial assistance, bees, or emotional support, there were always people close. Lei grew up a firm believer in organized society, where the majority wishes nothing but well to each other, and for a long time, she felt that crimes are only committed by mislead individuals. She wanted to pay back all the good things society had given her, and at age 18, she joined the U.S. army for three years. During her stay, she got a glimpse of the unfairness and the discrimination in the military, where some of her female colleagues were harassed by male officers and superiors. She also grew to realize that women often had to work much harder than men to get the recognition they deserve. Somebody needed to set an example, and she was up for the challenge.

After her time in the army, Lei enrolled in the police academy of San Fransisco. She found that racial and social prejudices were running rampant there as well. Being a woman of different social and ethnic background than most of her fellow students, Lei felt she had to work extra hard to get recognized. And boy, did she. When others enjoyed a break between training, she did extra push-ups. When others were satisfied with the obligatory jogging routine, she ran the extra mile. When others were content with passing their tests, both mental and physical, Lei wanted to shine, and worked accordingly hard. She learned to recognize her strengths and weaknesses, and how to improve. And boy, did she. She scored the highest in every field, and graduated the top of her class. She started out as a regular officer, but her extreme physical prowess soon earned her a place in the SWAT team, where her incredible determination and skill continue to baffle her collagues, who have dubbed her "Fortuna" because a mission is always successful when she's on the team. To this day, Lei continues to improve herself to not only fight crime, but social injustices as well. Recently, she was offered a place in the FBI as an investigator, but she's not yet made a decision whether the change in her line of work would be for the better, or whether it would just lead to unnecessary paperwork. The sudden appearance of the great evil has, however, affected her decision making process, as she's trying to figure out what the heck is going on, and what she can do to best "protect and serve" the people.

Personality: Driven, and something of a feminist. Lei is proud to be a woman, and goes out of her way to prove that women can be just as good at what they do as men. Some may characterize Lei as a tad uptight, and while it's true that she doesn't really separate her work from her free time, she isn't incapable of relaxing in what she finds good company. As she sees herself working for the common good, she can be surprisingly modest when talking about her abilities, which makes most people like her a bit better. What may bore them, however, is her complete lack of a life outside of her work. She never watches movies, never reads any books other than those she feels are necessary to make her a better cop, and never parties, instead preferring to go to bed early. The few hobbies she has, mainly ant farming and collecting action figures, don't make for good party talk. As a result, her only friends are her coworkers. She is compassionate, but this quality is usually overshadowed by her rigid sense of justice.

Powers and abilities:

1) Lei's incredible athletic prowess grants her a short reaction time and great balance, which she can use to dodge or parry incoming attacks.

2) Lei's equipment includes a powerful handgun, a small knife and a SWAT shield, which she can use for attack and defence.

3) Lei's marksman skills are uncanny, but improvising with targets has always been her specialty. She might choose to drop the chandelier on your head instead of trying to get a direct hit in.

4) In times of great emotional distress, Lei will unknowingly tap the forces of her guardian angels, who happen to be two akuas. This will grant her a few powers including, but not limited to, "wave rider" (gains extra momentum when affected by a wave of any kind, including sound waves) and "lucky charm" (unconscious reality manipulation, AKA luck power).

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

You've all been PM'd. Update your characters.

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Sweet, it's back.

I'll take Manga Super Fighter.

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

Pm'd. That's four.

#12 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

Give me a wizard Treach.

Name: Tameyoshi Shigemitsu

Background: Tameyoshi grew up in the Kingdom of Nesh. He was the son of two Neshian Knights who died battling Shotgun. After the new monarch Queen Schautz took power he spent ten years of his lif as a slave. One fateful day he discovered Queen Schautz was actually the dreaded dragon Shotgun. On that very day he and a Knight by the name of John left Nesh trecruit foriegn powers to aid in a coup'de'tat. Their ultimate goal was to put the rightful heir Princess Katsue on the throne, as she was also wrongly enslaved. During their journey Tameyoshi was trained by the ki wizard Just and the Natural wizard Kurt. Upon returning to Nesh, Tameyoshi singlehandedly defeated Shotgun.

Personality:

Tameyoshi cares deeply about his small group friend and fights to defend them, especially his crush Princess Katsue; if saves the world in the process, that's the bonus he's more than willing to have given to him. He is known for his honor code in combat, as well as his sarcastic wit but angering him or threatening his friends is never wise.

Powers:

Energy projection/manipulation in the form of blasts and constructs.

Flight/levitation

Teleportation

Ki sense

Master swordsman

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

Pm'd, you may update your profile when ready.

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

I could use about three more fighters. Anybody else...feel free to recruit someone you think you can beat. :)

#15 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Ill join treach.

Umm... I probably shouldnt, but hand me Monster:Werewolf.

Like that suprised anyone.

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

@ KevinDWolf - You've been PM'd.

@Kinetic War - Thanks for updating.

To all: You don't have to stick so closely to the example. If your character has powers. Please list them.

Also, I've placed the rules of the RP in the first post. So, now is the time to ask questions.

#17 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

Okay, Question how far can the racism bar be pushed and are you allowed *uncreative*'s in your profile?

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

Well, this is a PG-13 site with many races. So, use your own judgement. I personally don't care what you write...however, there will be a readers poll. The readers following the RP will vote on your character based on what you write. This poll will determine if you get power ups throughout your RP. If you offend, don't expect to win this vote.

#19 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

Well, this is a PG-13 site with many races. So, use your own judgement. I personally don't care what you write...however, there will be a readers poll. The readers following the RP will vote on your character based on what you write. This poll will determine if you get power ups throughout your RP. If you offend, don't expect to win this vote.

Damn, I spent a couple of days working on a entirely *uncreative* based character.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

It's your call. Again, I don't mind. If it's good, it may work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users