Photo

The Perfect Team: The Villains Finals

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Zreth vs. Skirmisher (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Team Zreth (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Team Skirmisher (9 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

*added numbers to make this easier to reply to*

1) Really? This is DOOM we're talking about here... You think the guy who puts down Powerful Mages, Super Sorcerers, and Wondrous Wizards like they were school children is not going to have a defense against such a thing?

2) Soul What? First, let's Assume that that actually Could work on Horus... It took the Emperor of Mankind to do such a thing to him the first time around, and doing so nearly Killed him... So~o IF Earl was as powerful as the EOM and did such a thing, then he would be so badly crippled that he wouldn't be able to go on in the fight... But the thing is that Earl is no where near the Power of the EOM, and if he did try doing such a thing the results would easily swing in Horus' favour and he would be the one walking away from the fight.

3) Yet, his thing is Greed, not something like the Green Lanterns Willpower that would help him in fighting off Mind Control... Revan has Intense Training in the Force, a part of the force is Mind Control and Complete Domination...

4) What? Here's what happened, Hal grabbed the PB away from Orange and it almost turned him into a OL. Orange didn't want that, because the PB was all his and no one else. So he snatched it back from Hal before Hal could be turned into an OL. Unless you want him to go completely against character and freely give out HIS battery in order to turn my fighters, then he will have to kill them to make them Orange Lanterns.

1) Please tell me what defense in his armor has a defense against his armor?

2) The Dark Matter of the D.Grayman universe disintergrates all matter and life. The earl can cause a dark matter explosion where ever he can visualize believe, I also believe he doesn't do that often cause it takes the fun out of things but I think he can figure out how serious the moment is...

3) All the rings require large amounts of Willpower it's just the extra component the other rings have.

4) I believe i already conceded to that point.

#22 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

1) Please tell me what defense in his armor has a defense against his armor?

2) The Dark Matter of the D.Grayman universe disintergrates all matter and life. The earl can cause a dark matter explosion where ever he can visualize believe, I also believe he doesn't do that often cause it takes the fun out of things but I think he can figure out how serious the moment is...

3) All the rings require large amounts of Willpower it's just the extra component the other rings have.

4) I believe i already conceded to that point.

1) First, DOOMs armour is Magic, and should have some resistances to magic based attacks. Second, his armour has a Built in Force Field, someone more marvely will have to clarify if it were to protect against magic as well, but I believe that it has been stated here that it does. Third, Do you think that DOOM cannot Counter a spell?

2) The Gift Daemonic Aura "gives the recipient a similar defensive aura to most other daemons." This Aura actually give them limited protection against really much anything in the physical universe, and even things that aren't. This coupled with the Natural Daemonic Energy permeating his body would literally protect him against Random Internal Explosions... Earl could explode one outside of his defenses, but then that would be even easier to defend against with his more powerful Magics and Psionics.

3) All I can find about it is that the Green Lantern Power Ring, which derive it's power and effectiveness from Willpower requires Willpower to function. The greater and purer the Willpower the greater the effect the Green Lantern Power Ring will have. It all the rings are similar then...

...the Green Orange Lantern Power Ring, which derive it's power and effectiveness from Willpower Greed requires Willpower Greed to function. The greater and purer the Willpower Greed the greater the effect the Green Orange Lantern Power Ring will have...

Where does it say that strong willpower is a prerequisite for the other power rings of the emotional spectrum? Besides, even Green Lanterns can fall to strong Mind Control, it's just the fact that they all have to have Exceptionally powerful Willpower to work their Willpower powered rings, that allows them great resistance to it...

#23 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:51 PM

On #4, of your debate points, Agent Orange has already taken out hundreds of people. What's to stop him from summoning a large army?

#24 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

On #4, of your debate points, Agent Orange has already taken out hundreds of people. What's to stop him from summoning a large army?

Summon from where? Wherever this tourney is held I'm sure that it is far away from any Resource of Summoning an army... I'm even sure that that army cannot even be summoned by teleportation or portal, but on that point you would have to ask Treach...

Besides, if he can summon an Army of Lanterns, then Horus Wins this entire tourney for me by opening the warp and unleashing literally countless Greater and Lesser Daemons... How's them apples? I have personally held back from this option because this is not a fight about lackeys and minions, it's about Villains. So the only way that Orange should be able to get more Orange Lanterns in this fight is by Killing my team members and Making them his.

I'm also guessing this is why Zreth has held back from having Earl summon his Akuma.

#25 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Summon from where? Wherever this tourney is held I'm sure that it is far away from any Resource of Summoning an army... I'm even sure that that army cannot even be summoned by teleportation or portal, but on that point you would have to ask Treach...

Besides, if he can summon an Army of Lanterns, then Horus Wins this entire tourney for me by opening the warp and unleashing literally countless Greater and Lesser Daemons... How's them apples? I have personally held back from this option because this is not a fight about lackeys and minions, it's about Villains. So the only way that Orange should be able to get more Orange Lanterns in this fight is by Killing my team members and Making them his.

I'm also guessing this is why Zreth has held back from having Earl summon his Akuma.

Exactly, But there are actually several of my characters that can make armies but I won't get to that.

#26 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

No army calling. No, "my character already killed a billion people and now they attack you" crap. It's villain vs. villain, not who's got the biggest army. If that were the case, I'd have Gladiator call the entire Shiar Empire through the whole tourney. Instant win.

#27 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

No army calling. No, "my character already killed a billion people and now they attack you" crap. It's villain vs. villain, not who's got the biggest army. If that were the case, I'd have Gladiator call the entire Shiar Empire through the whole tourney. Instant win.

Please, those generic and unamed background fodder would fall beneath the might of Mighty Marvel Man's Team... Of Awesomeness.... Yeah.... I'm still working om the name.

But seriously, against the Inhuman royal family? The JLA? The Avengers?

Name a character aside from Gladiator in this pic:

Posted Image

Yes. Their names are labeled. It's always like that.... They always have to...

#28 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

I didn't say the Imperial Guard (who beat the X-men), I said the entire Empire, which is composed of races and armies from nearly every galaxy in the 616. The Entire EMPIRE! Wave after wave after wave after wave of EMPIRE.

#29 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

I didn't say the Imperial Guard (who beat the X-men), I said the entire Empire, which is composed of races and armies from nearly every galaxy in the 616. The Entire EMPIRE! Wave after wave after wave after wave of EMPIRE.

Buu would beat them...

Genocide Blast!

#30 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

You and Marvel Man keep trying to draw me back into these debates. I'm putting this poll up tonight. We are going to end this Perfect Team thing, so I can move on with my RP I got planned(plug).

#31 DataSnake

DataSnake

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Yes. Their names are labeled. It's always like that.... They always have to...

Gladiator is labeled too.

#32 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

Looks like Zreth is going to let the votes stand. We may have a winner. One day left.

#33 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

Polls are now closed. Feel free to debate this topic further, but votes no longer count. Team Skirmisher is the Perfect Villain Team!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users