Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

#3 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

Sounds fun. Can I join?

Are you going to post the rules here as well? I've tried going through all the discussions up to this, but I've yet to find the general guidelines of this RPG.

#4 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

Might want to let people know ya moved it here

#5 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

Sounds fun. Can I join?

Are you going to post the rules here as well? I've tried going through all the discussions up to this, but I've yet to find the general guidelines of this RPG.

The more the merrier KW! Basically, we're just making it up as we go along, so no worries. We'll do it soon.

#6 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

Okay, I'm getting close to moving it along but I have an idea in mind that I want to past by you guys, Who wants a split race kind of thing like where you can be a zombie or a human? Also if you guys say yes what do you want the zombies to be like? and for the rules I'm going to let Hugo decide that since he basically started this.

#7 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

The template might be held back for bit because I'm focusing on The Perfect Villans tournament.

#8 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

I like the Zombie PC s idea. they could be more powerful zombies, somewhere in strentgh between a l4d hunter & tank, but who keeps there intelligence (but not feelings or morals, of course (at least in my opinion(yeah for triple parantheses))). They could exhibit some kind of telepathy that allows them to control common infected in the immediate area, letting us keep with the classic zombie horde and not super zombies vs super soldiers. then survivors would work together though and not against, at least in small teams of 2 and three (you could limit team size by somehow limiting how many survivors can escape)
so thats my idea

#9 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

I like the Zombie PC s idea. they could be more powerful zombies, somewhere in strentgh between a l4d hunter & tank, but who keeps there intelligence (but not feelings or morals, of course (at least in my opinion(yeah for triple parantheses))). They could exhibit some kind of telepathy that allows them to control common infected in the immediate area, letting us keep with the classic zombie horde and not super zombies vs super soldiers. then survivors would work together though and not against, at least in small teams of 2 and three (you could limit team size by somehow limiting how many survivors can escape)
so thats my idea

Thank you very much for contributing.

#10 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:26 AM

What kind of zombies are we going to use? I'm a huge fan of the traditional Romero zombies, and they'd prove to be excellent cannon fodder in this RPG. The Trioxin zombies from Russo's series would be too powerful, although they'd work as individual antagonists. The Infected aren't technically zombies, and they require different rules than the undead, but I'd give them a go if others want them. But please, oh, please, no teleporting zombies...

As for Zreth's idea about a zombie PC: Definitely, in some form or another, though I'd prefer everyone to start off as human. If a character somehow ends up dying, it doesn't have to end there. The player then takes control of the zombie corpse of his character and turns against his former teammates. The player zombies could be some form of 'alpha zombies', who retain a part of their intellect (basic intellect, that is. No elaborate plans are allowed), and whom the NPC zombies are likely to follow around.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

#11 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Since the perfect team stuff is ending soon I'll have time to work on this again so if you have suggestions put them in now.

#12 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

What kind of zombies are we going to use? I'm a huge fan of the traditional Romero zombies, and they'd prove to be excellent cannon fodder in this RPG. The Trioxin zombies from Russo's series would be too powerful, although they'd work as individual antagonists. The Infected aren't technically zombies, and they require different rules than the undead, but I'd give them a go if others want them. But please, oh, please, no teleporting zombies...

As for Zreth's idea about a zombie PC: Definitely, in some form or another, though I'd prefer everyone to start off as human. If a character somehow ends up dying, it doesn't have to end there. The player then takes control of the zombie corpse of his character and turns against his former teammates. The player zombies could be some form of 'alpha zombies', who retain a part of their intellect (basic intellect, that is. No elaborate plans are allowed), and whom the NPC zombies are likely to follow around.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

That's fine by me.

#13 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

This seems interesting. I wonder if we can actually play as zombies, or have different kinds of zombies, rather than the apocalypse type. Some links would help.

#14 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

This seems interesting. I wonder if we can actually play as zombies, or have different kinds of zombies, rather than the apocalypse type. Here would help: Our Zombies Are Different, courtesy of TV Tropes.

Don't let Ivan see you reference TV Tropes.

Anyway, I'm ready.

#15 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

Don't let Ivan see you reference TV Tropes.

Anyway, I'm ready.

Oh. Is Wikipedia fine? There are many types of zombies. I'd like to give a hand in this potentially fun RP.

#16 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

Oh. Is Wikipedia fine? There are many types of zombies. I'd like to give a hand in this potentially fun RP.

For the PC zombies I plan on making several types of zombies that vary. But for the general NPC zombies I plan on making them classic geroge romero style to a certain degree.

#17 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:04 AM

are those the fast ones or the lumbering limping ones?

#18 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

Okay, I'm getting close to moving it along but I have an idea in mind that I want to past by you guys, Who wants a split race kind of thing like where you can be a zombie or a human? Also if you guys say yes what do you want the zombies to be like? and for the rules I'm going to let Hugo decide that since he basically started this.

Hey I'm back, and I love what everyone's doing now. The split-race thing sounds good to me too(especially if one gets bitten during the game). As to the different types, all I know of is the classic zombie so any fresh ideas on that is good with me.

#19 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

Here' a rough division of zombies into three categories:

1) The George Romero zombies are the classic movie monsters from the Dead-trilogy: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead are from the same director, so they count as well. These zombies are the classic, slow and shambling ones, who can only be killed by brain trauma. Other directors have shown us their visions of the undead (Russo, Fulci, etc), but these generally differ from the Romero zombies in some ways, in origin, weaknesses, or abilities, not to mention sentience. Still, Romero's original creations (themselves actually based on the vampires in The Last Man on Earth) are what people usually think about when hearing the word zombie. These are the most unrealistic, since they are the only genuine undead of these three.

2) Then there are the much older, folklore zombies, the magical, reanimated corpses in Voodoo, who only do their master's bidding. Though there are movies that try to incorporate elements from these allegedly real creatures to the Romero zombies, most notably Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 (AKA Zombie Flesh Eaters), the zombies in folklore aren't generally known to hurt people, just to act as mindless slaves for their reanimator. If they do exist in reality, which is doubtful, they are not truly undead, but rather still-living humans forced into slavery by what are possibly nerve drugs, not magic. This version would actually require there to be a Big Bad in this RP, as the reanimation of a corpse is an active process.

3) And then there are the Infected, who aren't technically zombies because they are not dead, or even claimed to be such. The movie 28 Days Later is famous for this fairly realistic depiction of zombies: they are living people who have been infected with a strange strain of rabies, making them insane killer machines. These are the running ones, who, to my knowledge, are used in the game Left 4 Dead (I might be wrong though, haven't played it).

OK, the point is that the classic zombies are the only ones who justify a character's return from the grave. The Infected die like normal humans (no headshot is needed, although it does stop them easily), and they have no supernatural powers to bring them back, so basically the only way for a character to turn into an Infected is, well, to be infected. This does limit the possibilities in which the character can come back.

Unless we decide to combine the 1) and the 3). The virus or nerve gas or whatever turns the infected person into an Infected, who runs around like a maniac and kills every living being on sight, until it's put to death. At this point, things start getting a bit creepy, as the virus or nerve gas or whatever mutates to bring the corpse back to life as a genuine zombie. And if that one's killed as well... the possibilities are endless. Of course, the zombies couldn't work together with the Infected, as the latter are still alive, and would be targeted by the living dead. This would give the survivors a strategic edge, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as they are the minority anyway.

What do you guys think? If someone is curious about something, just ask. I like to think of myself as something of a zombie expert.

#20 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

I like the idea of combining the first and second. You could make the infected the more "smart" zombies and give them wierd mutations, making them like actual villians or mini-bosses. the dead dead would just be cannon fodder. If you don't want them attacking the infected, the infected could give of some kind of pheramone that either makes the dead act friendly, indifferent, or simply unable to sense the infected

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users