Photo
- - - - -

How Many Stories and Years Would Marvel go by before it Runs out of Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Comics, hot chicks, videogames, cute chicks, books, sexy chicks, good movies, and nice chicks.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

They could do a Wonder Man on Captain America (have him brought back to be a baddie, then have him turn away from the dark side) Dr. Doom has been overdone, let him go (if he hasn't been yet). There should be a symbiote mass that a group of heroes have to fight (maybe have it go into a prison and produce a ton of 'Venom's) Reed and Sue should have kid and it grow up without powers, then have it become a hero in its teens. Someone needs to capture Hulk (a villain, like the Leader), bring out all his personalities, try to use them for his own, but only have them turn on him (possibly reuniting themselves and becoming Super Hulk). Daredevil should be possessed by demons (okay, maybe not). A hero who's been good for a looooooooooooooong time should look the other way (eventually becoming pure evil). They need more anti-heroes. Maybe a team of them. Wolverine should be killed and have his adamantium skeleton left in the desert. Then one night, he returns and kills whoever did it to him.

What do you think?

#22 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

All of these ideas are VERY bad.

Then again, they aren't much worse than what Marvel and DC have been churning out for the past decade or two.

There's a reason why super hero comics have been hurting for new readers, Big Time Comic Companies: your product has sucked, as a whole, for quite some time. Yeah, every now and there there'll be a handful of consecutive issues in a particular title that are good, but that's the exception to the rule. It isn't the only reason why readership has been falling, but its one of the reasons.

#23 JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Comics, hot chicks, videogames, cute chicks, books, sexy chicks, good movies, and nice chicks.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

Then again, they aren't much worse than what Marvel and DC have been churning out for the past decade or two.

There's a reason why super hero comics have been hurting for new readers, Big Time Comic Companies: your product has sucked, as a whole, for quite some time. Yeah, every now and there there'll be a handful of consecutive issues in a particular title that are good, but that's the exception to the rule. It isn't the only reason why readership has been falling, but its one of the reasons.

Everyone else thought they were good.

#24 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

Agreed. Of course, if Marvel's goal is to have production quality hit rock bottom at record time, he may have something.

#25 JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

I do miss the Cap... America should not die, nor should the hero who stands for her. If he does pass, he should be brought back.
Female versions of male superheroes are tiring (most of the time.)
Spiderman shouldn't have been sent back, at least he should have had MJ.

#26 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

They killed off freakin' Captain America!

How is that destroying the character?

You can't have him forever. Heroes die. Besides, his sidekick (Bucky), has taken up the mantle.
That's not destroying the character, that's a character evolving through years of stories.

That's good story telling.

#27 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

They could do a Wonder Man on Captain America (have him brought back to be a baddie, then have him turn away from the dark side)

No. I'm sorry, but if they bring back Cap that way, Marvel will have sunk to new levels (Maybe DC levels).

Dr. Doom has been overdone, let him go (if he hasn't been yet).
Madness.

Doom is a great character. If anything, he needs a miniseries, or his own comic.

There should be a symbiote mass that a group of heroes have to fight (maybe have it go into a prison and produce a ton of 'Venom's)
Been done. Twice. Heck, it hasn't even been that long since the last one.

Reed and Sue should have kid and it grow up without powers, then have it become a hero in its teens.
Been done.

Frank & Valerie supposedly lost their powers once, but later got them back. Frank even became a hero (as a teen).

Someone needs to capture Hulk (a villain, like the Leader), bring out all his personalities, try to use them for his own, but only have them turn on him (possibly reuniting themselves and becoming Super Hulk).
Getting Hulk captured, specially by the Leader, and used as a weapon has been done sooo many times. A merged Hulk has also been created.

Daredevil should be possessed by demons (okay, maybe not).
???????

A hero who's been good for a looooooooooooooong time should look the other way (eventually becoming pure evil).

Like who?

They need more anti-heroes. Maybe a team of them.

Again, who do you reccomend?

Wolverine should be killed and have his adamantium skeleton left in the desert. Then one night, he returns and kills whoever did it to him.

No comment.

What do you think?

Sorry, but I still think Marvel's fine.

#28 Diskyr

Diskyr

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Anything that suits me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

All of these ideas are Great. At least Marvelhas sone some justice with Ultimate Marvel...the art...Sue Storms, er...

Where am I getting into this?

#29 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

Ultimate Marvel>>>>>>>>>616 for quite a quite some time now.

What Marvel needs is a MASSIVE retcon that will reset the characters and allow the new writers with fresh ideas to recreate the characters.

After all, Post-Crisis DC>>>Pre-Crisis DC.

#30 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

How is that destroying the character?

You can't have him forever. Heroes die. Besides, his sidekick (Bucky), has taken up the mantle.
That's not destroying the character, that's a character evolving through years of stories.

That's good story telling.

Have you noticed Spider-Man's been about the same age for the past twenty years.

They usually kill off the heroes they find not doing well.

Personally I think they should create totally new characters. If they do that they will regain my respect.

#31 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Have you noticed Spider-Man's been about the same age for the past twenty years.

They usually kill off the heroes they find not doing well.

Personally I think they should create totally new characters. If they do that they will regain my respect.

Low blow.

That was One More Day's fault (Which is why he's back as a photographer & in his Aunt's house).

But before that, Peter had completely changed from his "High School Kid" days.

From getting married, to going to College, to getting a real job (as a Teacher). Peter was never stuck as a kid (Robin).

He just looked young. But he aged just like everyone else.

#32 Diskyr

Diskyr

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Anything that suits me

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

Low blow.

That was One More Day's fault (Which is why he's back as a photographer & in his Aunt's house).

But before that, Peter had completely changed from his "High School Kid" days.

From getting married, to going to College, to getting a real job (as a Teacher). Peter was never stuck as a kid (Robin).

He just looked young. But he aged just like everyone else.

Speaking of which, how old is Spiderman?

And Hulk? And Sue Storm and other fantastic four members. What about Captain America? Or the others?

#33 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

Well Cap is obviously the oldest of that handful. He fought in WW II and was frozen in a block of ice. He would have been ridiculously old....then again the super soldier formula probably retarded his aging.

#34 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

And both Marvel and DC have some good titles and some bad titles throughout their history. Personally right this moment I am reading more DC, while when I was younger I read more Marvel. It all depends what stories are being churned out at the time.

That being said they should dial back on symbiotes and Skrull invasions and all those things we have seen a million times before. We neeed to see something new!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users