Photo

The Perfect Team: The Finals round 4

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Test of Fortitude/Decay (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Artemis Entreri (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Team treacherous (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Team Marvel (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

I dominated that RP...

And Ricrery, this is the Thorbuster Armor, not the Hulk-buster. Thor-buster/Destroyer actually did stuff.

Note: Anyone else surprised Artemis is dominating in the poll?

I'm giving that to my campaigning.

#22 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:43 AM

I dominated that RP...

And Ricrery, this is the Thorbuster Armor, not the Hulk-buster. Thor-buster/Destroyer actually did stuff.

Note: Anyone else surprised Artemis is dominating in the poll?

1) I believe his point was that although he can make some really good armour, it's not always 100% perfect at blocking whatever it's said to block...

2) Yet another victory for the one who doesn't argue...

#23 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:55 AM

Rice and fries is speaking in hyphotheticals. I'm speaking in facts. IronMan (Iron Man (vol. 3) #64 (March 2003) created an armor that was so powerful, Thor admitted it would beat him and had to destroy the magical Asgardian crystal that powered it. It's in the comic.

We're not talking about inferior Hulk Buster armor. We're talking about his Destroyer armor. HIS MOST POWERFUL ARMOR.

Oh and for anybody who thinks Reed outsmarts Tony and he won't also have a plan and a few cures in that powerhouse suit... let's not forget Tony Starks is an inventive genius whose expertise in the fields of mathematics, physics, chemistry, computers, and engineering rival that of Reed Richards, Hank Pym, and Bruce Banner. He is regarded as one of the most intelligent scientists in the Marvel Universe.

Tony lasts longest and does the best job here. Reed can't outstretch disease, but the Destroyer armor can outlast it.

#24 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

I'm giving that to my campaigning.

Zreth, there was a point to this whole thing. I was trying to prove that you guys could vote for something through debating and not wankery. If you've been campaigning and people have been voting based on your campaigning, then that goes against everything I've tried to accomplish. It's a slap in the face of all the hard work I put into this entire tournament. It's a slap in the face to Marvel Man, Skirmisher and myself who've spent the better part of a week (Skirmisher actually longer, because he came up with the fight) painstakingly debating and fact finding. If you campaigned and people are voting based on your campaign or because they think Artemis winning would be funny or something stupid like that, I am never EVER coming back to the CBUB. I wouldn't mind if everybody voted for Artemis, if they truly believed he would win (even if he or they didn't say one word about it thoughout the tournament), but if people are voting because you are going around telling them to or because Vegito is "Uber cool and I don't care what you say." than you all truly suck and I shouldn't have expected better. Not even in the safe havens of the forums.

#25 DataSnake

DataSnake

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

The sorcerer grinned, exposing rotting teeth, then made a sweeping gesture with his hand. A nimbus of dark power boiled around his taloned fingers, becoming a ball of glowing green fire as he finished the gesture. The ball of tainted energy swept outward toward Olaf, emitting a buzzing sound like the flies, catching him on the chest. For a moment nothing happened, then a yellowish glow limned Olaf's form, spreading around his body until it encased him. Then a cold fire seemed to consume him. There was no heat, no stench of burning, no sign of anything at work except potent magic. His armor bubbled and blistered and began to run like liquid, taking the flesh below with it. For a moment, Ragnar had a glimpse of the reddish augmented muscles of a Space Marine. Then these too were consumed, rotting to black pus, flowing to the ground like water and evaporating away. In another instant Olaf's skeleton, so like and yet unlike that of an ordinary man, remained. Ragnar had a clear view of the heavy bones, the reinforced joints, the unnaturally thick skull, and the mighty fangs...then that too decayed, leaving only a swiftly fading, glowing outline hanging in the air. Olaf was gone as if he had never been.

And Great Unclean Ones are much more powerful than mere sorcerers. Yeah, Tony is pretty much screwed.

#26 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Nice. I'll give you that one. I've got only one answer - Destroyer.

#27 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

Zreth, there was a point to this whole thing. I was trying to prove that you guys could vote for something through debating and not wankery. If you've been campaigning and people have been voting based on your campaigning, then that goes against everything I've tried to accomplish. It's a slap in the face of all the hard work I put into this entire tournament. It's a slap in the face to Marvel Man, Skirmisher and myself who've spent the better part of a week (Skirmisher actually longer, because he came up with the fight) painstakingly debating and fact finding. If you campaigned and people are voting based on your campaign or because they think Artemis winning would be funny or something stupid like that, I am never EVER coming back to the CBUB. I wouldn't mind if everybody voted for Artemis, if they truly believed he would win (even if he or they didn't say one word about it thoughout the tournament), but if people are voting because you are going around telling them to or because Vegito is "Uber cool and I don't care what you say." than you all truly suck and I shouldn't have expected better. Not even in the safe havens of the forums.

Just joking just joking...

#28 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

Nice. I'll give you that one. I've got only one answer - Destroyer.

When you put it like that...Youve really got the best shot dontcha...Skirm kicked u all to the curb, but I figure if anyone on e of the combatants can overpower daemons its a patented stark industries @ss kicking machine.
Treach has my vote

#29 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

Just joking just joking...

Good, cause I hate wankering...

Posted Image

#30 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

Polls are Closed!!

Votes are cast. The winners will be revealed later as well as the final Villains match!

You may continue to vote or debate, but the actual competition is over.

#31 Warcry80

Warcry80

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

This is awesome. Darn, if only I had been around when this thing first got started...

I agree!!!

#32 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

I_Know_All is doing it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users