Photo

The Perfect Team: The Finals round 4

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Test of Fortitude/Decay (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Artemis Entreri (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Team treacherous (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Team Marvel (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

In a world where the omniverse amalgamates in one plane, a familiar planet exists. Not dissimilar to Earth, this planet houses some of the most powerful beings in existence. As three separate teams, a few of these beings protect the planet from any and all threats ever known. Their prowess is celebrated throughout the galaxy. Their strength is legendary. Their might…unchallenged. However, today their true heroism will be tested. Returning from missions on far away planets, the heroes face their greatest challenge ever.

It is said that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. With this in mind, we must understand that on this same planet there is also great evil. At every turn this evil tries to seize power from the hands of good. This day would be no different. Today would be a day that would forever live in infamy. It begins with a bizarre moment where every known psychic in the world falls sway to an unimaginable extrasensory phenomenon. At once, their minds are attacked and they all fall prey to mental projections of unbearable horror. Upon their unwanted gazing upon this nightmare, the terror grasps hold and gazes back. Regrettably, the evil not only seeks to glimpse, but to invade, assault and occupy.

Sensing a great power on the other side, the evil destroys the minds of the clairvoyants and opens a warp into the realm. Across the four corners of the globe, a force the world has never known attacks and with them comes hell on Earth. They are the four Chaos gods known as Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh and their goal: To turn the Earth into a Daemon World.

Before the Chaos gods can overwhelm the Earth, their minions must make it suitable to their likings. Therefore the Chaos gods send forth their most powerful minions to bring forth the transformation. Finally in Europe, Nurgle lets loose 7 Great Unclean Ones. Their goal is to create a festering rancid Garden of Nurgle. Upon notification of the dreadful attack, the three heroic teams splinter into four smaller groups to combat all threats across the globe. Team Artemis, treacherous and Marvel arrive to find a Continent that makes the Black Plague look like a runny nose.

Their mission:

Find the Great Unclean Ones (appears at 2:11). They are holding Isha. It is possible to free her and save everyone.
Try to heal as many people as possible.

Team Artie:
Reed Richards

Team Treacherous:
Iron Man

Team Marvel Man:
Squirrel Girl

Who succeeds? Who fails? You decide… Our fate is up to you…
Poll ends Friday

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Iron suit and satelite tracking systems for the win. Everybody else gets AIDS and dies.

#3 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

Squirrels are everywhere. Infact, there are an estimated 25 Billion.

http://askville.amaz...questId=2637208

The number of satelites?

3, 500.

http://hubpages.com/...orbit-the-Earth

Marvel ftw.

#4 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Iron suit and satelite tracking systems for the win. Everybody else gets AIDS and dies.

"The life-eater virus as used on Isstvan III and Stalinvast is terrifyingly voracious, capable of spreading across the entire surface of a planet in a matter of minutes. The virus can penetrate power armour and rebreathers. The virus quickly rots and breaks down anything of biological origin, reducing it to sludge. Jungles and forests quickly rot into lakes of sludge."

Iron? The Space Marines use far more advanced materials and their suits still fail to this stuff! Besides, Nurgal is much more than just Disease, it's anything Toxic and Deadly as well. As well, If he's covered in Rotten Sludge then he's not going to be saving anybody for fear of spreading the contagion.

Squirrels are everywhere. Infact, there are an estimated 25 Billion.

http://askville.amaz...questId=2637208

The number of satelites?

3, 500.

http://hubpages.com/...orbit-the-Earth

Marvel ftw.

Yet the small furry animals could just as easily Spread any Plague fast. How do you think the Black Death spread so easily? Infected Fleas were carried by Rodents who infected just about anything it could... Besides Nurgals Plagues are a hazard to all Life, not just humans... the rats with fuzzy tails would just as likely to die as any other human caught out there.

Last of All, The Great Unclean one is one of the single most toughest Daemons to take down. They're like a Zombie Blob, and there is a reason that they either win, get pushed back into the warp or confined, or get Lanced from orbit... Also, I think they create their own minions, as IIRC they can shoot little nurglings out of their boils and sores...

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Also, going with the chaos of... well Chaos, and the fact that most "Gods" in Warhammer are made of psychic and magical energy, as well as Isha being Nurgals most precious gem they would probably have split her up amongst the Unclean ones... Only to be put together when Nurgal himself comes it Earth...

#6 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

Wait, are we fighting each other at saving the Earth?

... :P

Can they work together?

I mean, if Reed Richards used Tony's tech (which hasn't been made from iron since the 60s), and used Squirrel Girl's massive Squirrel army, I'm sure something could happen.

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

Wait, are we fighting each other at saving the Earth?

... :P

Can they work together?

I mean, if Reed Richards used Tony's tech (which hasn't been made from iron since the 60s), and used Squirrel Girl's massive Squirrel army, I'm sure something could happen.

So you're saying that Tony would plate millions of Squirrel in power armour to spring Isha so that she and Reed can formulate a cure? Then who would get the credit for saving the world? This is a three way competition, so there has to be a winner, a runner up and the last place.

Besides, this is about saving as many people from Nugals many plagues as possible. Frankly they probably wouldn't be able to do anything good without the Eldar God helping them, so that would mean going out and saving her. But like I said before, knowing the trickery of Chaos, and the fact that Isha is Nurgals most prized possession, they would take great pains to insure that she stays captured. Therefore either her or her power would be split amongst the Unclean Ones for safe keeping, or her prison would be impossible to break into without a "key" from all of the Unclean ones together.

As such, Tony, Reed, and Squirrel will more than likely have to face a Great Unclean one in battle...

~ Tony goes down as toxins and diseases force their way in through the joints and air intakes of his suit.
~ Reed sends in automated drones that either melt or rust, before going into the Garden himself... that Hazard Suit he'll be designing won't work...
~ Using PIS Squirrel Girl somehow manages to get to one of the Greater Daemons and launches millions of Squirrels at it... once they make contact with his putrid flesh and oozing boils and sores they become infected and rapidly die off in mass festering piles of Squirrel...

#8 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

Darn you Skirmisher! Darn you!!!

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

This is why I chose him. Anyway, I can't debate tonight, but I'm taking you out Skirmisher...just wait.

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

Oh poor poor Skirmisher. Didn't I mention this was Destroyer Armor Ironman (Thorbuster). Yeah, that means...

The Destroyer is lifeless on its own - although it can act independently for short periods - until animated by the life-force of a sapient living being. Even when so animated, the Destroyer retains a rudimentary base personality that will eventually subvert the host unless a strong-willed individual is in control, such as Thor or Loki. Odin is also able to cast a spell that can force the animating persona from the armor and deactivate it. Once animated, the Destroyer possesses the strength to exceed beings such as Thor and is almost totally invulnerable. The armor also has the ability to project blasts of energy/heat/concussive force, emit a disintegration beam activated via its visor, manipulate electro-magnetism and molecules and achieve flight.

and

Iron Man's standard offensive weapons have always been the repulsor rays that are fired from the palms of his gauntlets. Other weapons built into various incarnations of the armor include: the uni-beam projector in its chest; pulse bolts (that pick up on kinetic energy along the way; so the farther they travel, the harder they hit); an electromagnetic pulse generator; and a defensive energy shield that can be extended up to 360 degrees. Other capabilities include: generating ultra-freon (i.e., a freeze-beam); creating and manipulating magnetic fields; emitting sonic blasts; and projecting 3-dimensional holograms (to create decoys). He is also able to connect remotely to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers throughout the world. Because the armor's operating system is now directly connected to Stark's nervous system, its response time has been significantly improved. Tony Stark is an inventive genius whose expertise in the fields of mathematics, physics, chemistry, computers, and engineering rival that of Reed Richards, Hank Pym, and Bruce Banner,

Combine to make...

The Thor-Buster armor was designed by Tony Stark as a precaution against King Thor, in case his good deeds went bad. The power source for the armor was a mystical Asgardian crystal, originally part of a new type of power generator that Thor left Tony Stark to possibly use as a new energy source for mankind. Outwardly, it resembled the Asgardian Destroyer. Because it could absorb and utilize the massive amounts of energy Thor turned on it, in terms of raw strength this armor could be the mightiest Iron Man of all.

I see Iron Man flying straight to those bloated fatsos and totally owning them.

#11 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

I see Iron Man flying straight to those bloated fatsos and totally owning them.

Then they'd laugh at him for the Zeal he shows... Seriously Great Unclean ones are Exceptionally Resilient, He could fly through one like a bullet a hundred times and it would still have the strength to talk to him like it were a sporting game...

There is a reason it usually takes Lancing from Orbit to kill them...

But the fact that you said he would probably fly through them is his down fall. He'd fly through one and he'd get all kinds of vile and putrid gore covering him... all of it toxic and deadly, but all of it very virulent and voracious. It would either choke his air intakes or work it's way into his suit like the Life Eater Virus.

Then there's the Magic that would By-Pass physical Armour and infect him anyway...

So no, I really don't see Stark winning, or surviving this fight.

#12 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

I am not getting into the argument, but, in "Daemon World" by Ben Counter, I remember a Greater Daemon causing a city to be drowned in blood, so that's proof Greater Daemons can just do anything they want on Daemon Worlds, such as mind *insensitivity*, reality warp, and be invincible. See where I'm going? These normal humans are nothing.

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

Iron Man has survived full on power cosmic blast and absorbed the power cosmic in his suit. Those slugs got some work to do to take him down and how many times do my characters have to beatdown Thor for you all to get it...Ha!

Posted Image

#14 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

Iron Man has survived full on power cosmic blast and absorbed the power cosmic in his suit. Those slugs got some work to do to take him down and how many times do my characters have to beatdown Thor for you all to get it...Ha!

But does his armour stop Magic? What's to stop an Unclean one from casting a thousand years of Decay upon the suit and have it rust and degrade around Stark? Or have it directly infect him with a Disease or random mutation?

Really I don't see any way for these heroes to win, but going by who lasts the longest... Squirrel Girl goes down first as NOTHING she can do would help. Tony valiantly rushes in only to get sick and die after only the first Unclean one... and Reed spend all his time in a lab vainly trying to develop cures to the plagues of Nurgal... Europe is overran with plague and disease by the time he gives up and ventures into the Garden of Nurgal... only to have all his protective gear melt and decay around him. He's never seen again...

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:23 AM

Ironman's Destroyer Armor is mystically powered by Asgardian magic. It's resistant to physical and magical attacks. Whammo! Not to mention Destroyer was created with Odin magic. Double Whammo! It had the ability to absorb Thor's magic and use it against him. Triple...whammo. Your play Skirm.

#16 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:32 AM

This is awesome. Darn, if only I had been around when this thing first got started...

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

This started a while ago? Where were you? You would've been a great addition. Probably'd be a four way finale. I probably won't be doing this again for a while, but I have an interesting RP, that I'm about to attempt on the EF. I've done it before on another site. It was called When Worlds Collide. A few on here should remember it. It'll be my first nonCBUB RP on the Ferret. Anything to pass the time as I wait on the FPL.

#18 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

I was going through a lot in my personal life a while back, and couldn't spend half as much time on the site that I wanted. I only started to read this stuff when you guys were already in full swing. Oh, well. Great debating.

Looking forward to your RP, BTW.

#19 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

Actually, if Iron Man with a Hulk Buster suit punched Hulk a few times (who got mad), and failed to bust him, I see that his suits aren't 100% invincible.

#20 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

I've done it before on another site. It was called When Worlds Collide. A few on here should remember it.

I dominated that RP...

And Ricrery, this is the Thorbuster Armor, not the Hulk-buster. Thor-buster/Destroyer actually did stuff.

Note: Anyone else surprised Artemis is dominating in the poll?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users