Photo

The Perfect Team: The Finals round 3

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Test of Will/Excess (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Artemis Entreri (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Team treacherous (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Team Marvel (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

In a world where the omniverse amalgamates in one plane, a familiar planet exists. Not dissimilar to Earth, this planet houses some of the most powerful beings in existence. As three separate teams, a few of these beings protect the planet from any and all threats ever known. Their prowess is celebrated throughout the galaxy. Their strength is legendary. Their might…unchallenged. However, today their true heroism will be tested. Returning from missions on far away planets, the heroes face their greatest challenge ever.

It is said that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. With this in mind, we must understand that on this same planet there is also great evil. At every turn this evil tries to seize power from the hands of good. This day would be no different. Today would be a day that would forever live in infamy. It begins with a bizarre moment where every known psychic in the world falls sway to an unimaginable extrasensory phenomenon. At once, their minds are attacked and they all fall prey to mental projections of unbearable horror. Upon their unwanted gazing upon this nightmare, the terror grasps hold and gazes back. Regrettably, the evil not only seeks to glimpse, but to invade, assault and occupy.

Sensing a great power on the other side, the evil destroys the minds of the clairvoyants and opens a warp into the realm. Across the four corners of the globe, a force the world has never known attacks and with them comes hell on Earth. They are the four Chaos gods known as Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh and their goal: To turn the Earth into a Daemon World.

Before the Chaos gods can overwhelm the Earth, their minions must make it suitable to their likings. Therefore the Chaos gods send forth their most powerful minions to bring forth the transformation. In America, Slaanesh lets loose 6 Keepers of Secrets. Their goal is to change America into a wasteland of immorality. Upon notification of the dreadful attack, the three heroic teams splinter into four smaller groups to combat all threats across the globe. Team Artemis, treacherous and Marvel arrive into a wonderland of their every heart's desire.

Their mission:

Completely destroy Slaanesh’s forces.
Each Member will be tested with their greatest wants and their greediest ambitions. They must fight temptation or become one of Slaanesh’s many playthings.

The teams:

Team Artie:
Cyclops
Elderly Bruce Wayne

Team Treacherous:
Jean Grey
Jesse Custer

Team Marvel Man
Vegito
Black Bolt

Who succeeds? Who fails? You decide… Our fate is up to you…
Poll ends Friday

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hmm, this one is intresting. Im not sure about the resistance part as most everyone may have some definite issues with this.

ex:Wayne wanting to be at his peak once more,Jean and Vegito...god. can only imagine what thatll be.

Ill get some specs for the physical part of this fight and be back for full opinion.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

Team Artie:
Cyclops
Elderly Bruce Wayne

Team Treacherous:
Jean Grey
Jesse Custer

Team Marvel Man
Vegito
Black Bolt

The question is what do these people want the most and will they give in to the temptation of getting it. Cyclops would probably want his vision without wearing goggles or Jean to stay alive.
Elderly Bruce would probably give anything to be young again.

Jean would probably give the world for peace.
Jesse already has the world with his power. I'm not sure what he would want.

Vegito??? Vegita would want to separate. Who wants to be linked to another man?
Black Bolt...I'm sure he'd like to talk like a normal person. I don't know.

#4 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

Treach shoots!

Jean to stay alive.

And he scores!

Jesse already has the world with his power. I'm not sure what he would want.

To be a Marvel character.

Black Bolt...I'm sure he'd like to talk like a normal person. I don't know.

What?! Who would want that?

He'd be powerless. Helpless. A chump.

Besides, he'd have to start talking to his wife if he did that... Nah, he's not asking for that.

What he truly wants is this: Why does he wears a mask? He doesn't have an identity to keep, so what's the use? Is he afraid people will recognize him on the street? Is he ugly? Maybe he just thinks it looks cool? Hmm...

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

"Being vicious warriors, Keepers of Secrets are also capable of weaving powerful spells of misdirection and mystification. They invade the thoughts of their enemies, sending them visions of glory, titillating their egos, and caressing their inner desires to lead them astray. They seek to give and receive sensation in all forms, be it pain or pleasure, but there is nothing more enjoyable to them than the corruption of the noble and pure. They also are surrounded by a breeze that confuses all enemies around and allows the daemon to prey on them easily.

The Keepers of Secret live to feed from others emotions, especially fear, hope, despair. They love the sensation of cutting through flesh and bestowing the feeling of pain onto its enemies. As well as striking amazingly fast with their limbs, they also cause corruption in another way, they love to turn emotions such as courage, bravery and valour into selfishness and other emotions."

Cyclops
I'm not too familiar with any current developments with Cyclops, but he falls prey to an illusion of Jean as he's torn limb from limb by one of the Keepers.

Elderly Bruce Wayne
Now, I know that Wayne's had experience with this type of Illusion before. But nothing of this strength or magnitude. Not to mention that even if he beats his way past the Illusions there's still the 25-30 ft vicious Daemon to tangle with...

Jean Grey
Being a psyker she would realise that she's under attack and that most of what she's seeing is an Illusion. But the mystical portion of the attack would prevent her from fully breaking free. Or it would slow her down, and confuse her long enough for a killing blow from one of the Keepers.

Jesse Custer
Don't know what Jesse would want, but he'd be just a man against the Daemon... Look at the picture below... notice any Ears? No, I thought not... There is no way for the Keeper to Hear the Word of God, and there would be no way for it to work on it.

Vegito
Not too sure about this one. Vegeta is definitely the dominant personality and therefore would be easier to attack than Goku, so I could see many of the Illusions going that way. Who knows, he may be tricked into attacking his team mates, confusing them for the Enemy...

Black Bolt
Here is where the Daemon will do the most damage... With Illusions it will trick BB into thinking that his voice no longer destroys everything... he will be excited that he can finally talk to people without blowing them up... and he will start to do what he has never done before, and Yell in joy... But it is all an Illusion, nothing has changed, and he will have obliterated everything around him... Safely behind him the Keeper lets go of the strings on it's puppet to let it see what it has wrought, and the sight devastates BB. The moment doesn't last long though as a Large pincer claw plunges through his body and tears out his soul to eat...

Posted Image

#6 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

Cyclops
I'm not too familiar with any current developments with Cyclops, but he falls prey to an illusion of Jean as he's torn limb from limb by one of the Keepers.

This would probably work.

Elderly Bruce Wayne
Now, I know that Wayne's had experience with this type of Illusion before. But nothing of this strength or magnitude. Not to mention that even if he beats his way past the Illusions there's still the 25-30 ft vicious Daemon to tangle with...

These next scans just make me sad. Very good writing, plus, they back up Batman.

1. Here Supes is under the effects of Silver Kryptonite, which makes him highly unstable.

Posted Image

2. Anyways, this kryptonite is actually powered by magic, and can only be reversed by getting a certain artifact. Batman goes to get it, but the amulet's powers begin to affect him as well.

Posted Image

3. Bats resists his heart's desires.

Posted Image

4. And then the saddest part...

Posted Image

So close, and yet so far... Nuff said.

Jean Grey
Being a psyker she would realise that she's under attack and that most of what she's seeing is an Illusion. But the mystical portion of the attack would prevent her from fully breaking free. Or it would slow her down, and confuse her long enough for a killing blow from one of the Keepers.

Jesse Custer
Don't know what Jesse would want, but he'd be just a man against the Daemon... Look at the picture below... notice any Ears? No, I thought not... There is no way for the Keeper to Hear the Word of God, and there would be no way for it to work on it.

Can Jesse talk to himself? Maybe keep himself from falling under their spell?

Either way, that's not my loss.

Vegito
Not too sure about this one. Vegeta is definitely the dominant personality and therefore would be easier to attack than Goku, so I could see many of the Illusions going that way. Who knows, he may be tricked into attacking his team mates, confusing them for the Enemy...

See, I'm confused on this. How could you create an illusion for two completely different people, both of whom are strong willed and complete opposites.

Black Bolt
Here is where the Daemon will do the most damage... With Illusions it will trick BB into thinking that his voice no longer destroys everything... he will be excited that he can finally talk to people without blowing them up... and he will start to do what he has never done before, and Yell in joy... But it is all an Illusion, nothing has changed, and he will have obliterated everything around him... Safely behind him the Keeper lets go of the strings on it's puppet to let it see what it has wrought, and the sight devastates BB. The moment doesn't last long though as a Large pincer claw plunges through his body and tears out his soul to eat...

Hmm...

By that logic, if I stand behind someone, I wouldn't hear them anymore. Man, something must be wrong with me.

Anyways, breaking Black Bolt would be tough. He's been trained since a young age, and has discipline made from steel. He never sneezes, yawns, etc.

He wouldn't make a sound if he was being ripped apart...

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:35 AM

These next scans just make me sad. Very good writing, plus, they back up Batman.

Indeed, they were the "Experience" that I was talking about that he had with this type of illusion... Though, like I said after, even if he manages to break free, there's still the ~30 Foot Daemon staring at him with it's jet black eyes and tensing it's Razor sharp claws...

Can Jesse talk to himself? Maybe keep himself from falling under their spell?

How would he know that he is under the spell, and for that matter, how would he compel himself to not fall under a spell?

See, I'm confused on this. How could you create an illusion for two completely different people, both of whom are strong willed and complete opposites.

The thing is that it would only have to target one of them. Since they are attached to each other screwing up the dominant half would screw up the whole. Like I said Vegeta is the easiest to target, thanks to his Pride and super huge Ego...

Hmm...

By that logic, if I stand behind someone, I wouldn't hear them anymore. Man, something must be wrong with me.

Anyways, breaking Black Bolt would be tough. He's been trained since a young age, and has discipline made from steel. He never sneezes, yawns, etc.

He wouldn't make a sound if he was being ripped apart...

Daemons in general are tough creatures, Greater Daemons are the toughest of them all, next to the gods that is... Then there is their Limited invulnerability... IIRC only Magic weapons negates this. Then there's the fact that the Keeper doesn't have to stand anywhere near BB to use it's magic and psychic attacks. It can move in for the kill after all the devastation is wrought.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

I've got one answer to this fight...

Posted Image

Since Jesse can't get the Keepers of Secrets to hear him, he quickly looks at his fellow heroes and yells, "ALL YOU MOTHER@#%#ERS SNAP THE F@CK OUT OF IT AND KICK SOME ASS!"

Breaks the Keepers of Secrets hold on all the fighters and also allows the heroes to go all out on them. Endgame.

#9 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

Posted Image

Since Jesse can't get the Keepers of Secrets to hear him, he quickly looks at his fellow heroes and yells, "ALL YOU MOTHER@#%#ERS SNAP THE F@CK OUT OF IT AND KICK SOME ASS!"

Breaks the Keepers of Secrets hold on all the fighters and also allows the heroes to go all out on them. Endgame.

Okay, Yes but I assume that he has to be in full control of his mind to do that.

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

Okay, Yes but I assume that he has to be in full control of his mind to do that.

You find an illusion that will work on him...and I'll give you that. See with Jesse's power, there isn't much they could offer him that he couldn't get for himself.

Jesse Custer
Don't know what Jesse would want,

#12 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

You find an illusion that will work on him...and I'll give you that. See with Jesse's power, there isn't much they could offer him that he couldn't get for himself.

First, Being under the influence of the Keeper of Secrets can make him want something even if he can get it. Second, How about obtaining something without using his powers.

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Heh, Jesse's quite fine without his powers as well. To quote him...

"It's like a gun, you keep it in reserve and only bring it out when you have to, that's good. When you start waving it in a receptionist's face, that's bad." - Jesse Custer

#14 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Heh, Jesse's quite fine without his powers as well. To quote him...

"It's like a gun, you keep it in reserve and only bring it out when you have to, that's good. When you start waving it in a receptionist's face, that's bad." - Jesse Custer

Okay, What can he do without his powers.

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

Kick ass.

Posted Image

#16 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

Kick ass.

Posted Image

Okay, The Keepers compel him not to use his powers and he gets squished.

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

So they've stopped Jesse, big deal. He's already compelled the heroes to attack full throttle. The Word cannot be stopped once started and since Jesse is squished...

Checkmate. Jesse wins even in squishy death. What a hero.

#18 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

So they've stopped Jesse, big deal. He's already compelled the heroes to attack full throttle. The Word cannot be stopped once started and since Jesse is squished...

Checkmate. Jesse wins even in squishy death. What a hero.

Not if he's already undser the influence...

#19 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

The Heroes walk down the empty street of a [Insert N. Amarican City]... A gentle breeze blows a stray newspaper, and one of the heroes catches and reads it. The type is off set and splashed with so many colours that it hurts the eyes, but the message is clear, the cities inhabitants have all succumbed to the Pleasure Cult of Slaanesh.

It's now that the Keepers attack, but not directly...

All at once, the heroes begin to get excited and jumpy for no apparent reason. Vegito used to working alone says "Screw this, I'm going to look for a fight!" and IT's out of there before a word of protest can be raised. Cyclops and Wayne rally in the others to attempt to keep the group whole in case of an attack, but then start arguing as each thinks the other is unfit for leadership. Jesse, angry at their needless bickering yell "Shut the F%&# up" and they do... but silently with glares, an unspoken argument continues. Jean of course senses a Evil emanating from all around, but due to it washing over the entire city it is too hard to pin-point, and almost a bit overwhelming, it also doesn't help that she has the overwhelming urge to jump Cyclops... Black Bolt though remains steadfast and silent, alert for Danger, and thanks to this is the only one to catch a glance at a woman with long red hair dash into an alleyway. Just then a fist fight breaks out between Cyclops and Wayne as Jean and Jesse try to break it up, Black Bolt however runs after the woman he saw...

Wayne having enough walks off to find and defeat the forces of Slaanesh himself with one of his master plans, but the only one to follow is Jesse as Jean drags the silent Cyclops off to have some alone time. Wayne and Jesse walk alone down the streets before a familiar image appears to Jesse, John Wayne walking beside him. "Ya know, I think that Bruce there thinks he's better'en you. Look at him, how he walks, like he's the Lone Ranger and you're his Tonto... you're better'en that boy" he says before disappearing. Wayne also has a vision, although this is where he realizes what's happening, he fights it and manages to break free of it's control... only to see a Keeper of Secrets walking with them down the Street. Horrified at it's all knowing gaze and it's sudden proximity he tries to shout a warning to Jesse, but only silence echoes coldly off the surrounding buildings. Jesse sees Wayne gesturing wildly and silently screaming while pointing at nothing, and having enough says "What the f%&* do you want now old man?" and with a little nudge from the Keeper goes on to say "Old bat probably lost his mind. Why don't you find a nice retirement home to die in..." The Gesturing stops and Wayne slinks off to find a place to die...

Just then Jesse is lifted bodily into the air by the unseen Keeper and he realizes to his horror that he is moments away from Death... He lives a little longer than he expects, but all of that time is spent in agony.

Meanwhile Jean and Cyclops... Well, I need not explain, but Jean got a bit rowdy with him and ended up gutting him with her TK... She's now a follower of Slaanesh too... What, being a Psyker is like holding a Lighting Rod in the middle of a storm to Daemons...

Black Bolt runs down the alley looking for the woman he saw, and keeps on running as an unnatural fog rolls into the city. It turns him around and confuses him, and he thinks it better to return to the group. Unfortunately for the Keepers his strong mental training is blocking their attempts to fully get their claws into his soul. Just then he sees the woman he was running after crying on the ground. Approaching he sees that she is not who he though she was, but investigates further, he is supposed to save people after all... The Woman is obviously distraught, and clings to him as he stands her up. But to his dismay as he attempts to free himself from her grasp, he finds that she has a solid hold on him. Slowly she transforms into a Keeper and squeezes tighter... Black Bolt murmurs a syllable and the Keepers head is torn from it's body, and the city block they were in is reduced to rubble. Unfortunately the body retains it's hold on him and Spasms crushing him more and more, but it is another Keeper that Deals the Death Blow from behind, avenging it's sister/brother/whatever.

END.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

That was excellent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users