Photo

The Perfect Team: The Finals round 2

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Test of Preservation/Revolution (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Artemis (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Team treacherous (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Team Marvel (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:06 PM

In a world where the omniverse amalgamates in one plane, a familiar planet exists. Not dissimilar to Earth, this planet houses some of the most powerful beings in existence. As three separate teams, a few of these beings protect the planet from any and all threats ever known. Their prowess is celebrated throughout the galaxy. Their strength is legendary. Their might…unchallenged. However, today their true heroism will be tested. Returning from missions on far away planets, the heroes face their greatest challenge ever.

It is said that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. With this in mind, we must understand that on this same planet there is also great evil. At every turn this evil tries to seize power from the hands of good. This day would be no different. Today would be a day that would forever live in infamy. It begins with a bizarre moment where every known psychic in the world falls sway to an unimaginable extrasensory phenomenon. At once, their minds are attacked and they all fall prey to mental projections of unbearable horror. Upon their unwanted gazing upon this nightmare, the terror grasps hold and gazes back. Regrettably, the evil not only seeks to glimpse, but to invade, assault and occupy.

Sensing a great power on the other side, the evil destroys the minds of the clairvoyants and opens a warp into the realm. Across the four corners of the globe, a force the world has never known attacks and with them comes hell on Earth. They are the four Chaos gods known as Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh and their goal: To turn the Earth into a Daemon World.

Before the Chaos gods can overwhelm the Earth, their minions must make it suitable to their likings. Therefore the Chaos gods send forth their most powerful minions to bring forth the transformation. In Asia, Tzeentch lets loose 9 Lords of Change. Their goal is to change Asia into The Maze of Tzeentch. Already, most of the Continent has been changed and continues to transform. Upon notification of the dreadful attack, the three heroic teams splinter into four smaller groups to combat all threats across the globe. Team Artemis, treacherous and Marvel arrive before a confusing labyrinth of ruin.

Their mission:

Completely destroy Tzeentch’s forces (a Lord of Change appears at about 5:17. Poor human army).
Avoid becoming lost in the maze while it is at low power.

The teams:

Team Artie:
Scarlett Witch
Nate Grey

Team Treacherous:
Firestorm
Zatanna

Team Marvel Man:
Dr. Strangefate
Iron Lantern

Who succeeds? Who fails? You decide… Our fate is up to you…
Poll ends Friday

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:19 AM

I'll start by saying the maze is child's play to Firestorm who transmutes it back to the whatever it came from. Don't even get me started with Zatanna's backwards talking doing anything she wants half naked buttocks (Don't ask, I just wanted to get some debate going. :P )

#3 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

I'll start by saying the maze is child's play to Firestorm who transmutes it back to the whatever it came from. Don't even get me started with Zatanna's backwards talking doing anything she wants half naked buttocks (Don't ask, I just wanted to get some debate going. :P )

I don't think they can transmute thought...

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

Damn. Then realistically and strategically, I would keep these two close together. I would try to eliminate the major threat which are the Lords of Change. Not knowing their powers, I would have Zatanna place numerous powerful mental, magical and physical defensive spells around herself and Firestorm. Firestorm would also become intangible. Meanwhile, I would use him to try different techniques to defeat the Lords. Perhaps trapping them in a ball of poisonous gas. They have to breathe, right? Firestorm also has Quark vision, which allowed him to see the atomic structure of everything around him. I'm sure he could pinpoint a weakness in these fellows. Once found, Zatanna just needs to say the command backwards and presto deado.

#5 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

Damn. Then realistically and strategically, I would keep these two close together. I would try to eliminate the major threat which are the Lords of Change. Not knowing their powers, I would have Zatanna place numerous powerful mental, magical and physical defensive spells around herself and Firestorm. Firestorm would also become intangible. Meanwhile, I would use him to try different techniques to defeat the Lords. Perhaps trapping them in a ball of poisonous gas. They have to breathe, right? Firestorm also has Quark vision, which allowed him to see the atomic structure of everything around him. I'm sure he could pinpoint a weakness in these fellows. Once found, Zatanna just needs to say the command backwards and presto deado.

I believe the whole making of the plan would give Tzeenetch a significant power boost.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

Damn. Zreth you are good at this.

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

"This maze is woven from the raw fabric of magic, threaded upon deceit and conspiracy... The maze itself has no Daemonic defenders. Its own illusory passages are enough of a barrier to any intruder not possessed of the strongest mind imaginable. Its glittering corridors reflect not only light but also hope, misery, dreams and nightmares. The labyrinth does not merely reflect but also distorts, pulling apart hope and purpose turning them into insanity and despair. Driven by Tzeentch's unconscious schemes, the labyrinth constantly moves and rearranges. Those lost within the maze's reaches will wander for eternity with their minds shattered, their dreams broken upon the wheel of their own failed ambition. At the centre of the maze, hidden from those who have not the insane insight to find it, stands the Impossible Fortress. The architecture of the bastion is constantly replaced by new and ever more maddening spires, gates and walls. doors and other entrance points yawn open like starving mouths, before clamping for eternity moments later, barring all access. Within the Fortress time and space does not exist at all and gravity shifts and changes, or disappears all together. Lights of every colour, some even unknown in the real universe, springs from the shifting walls. For mortals, who are so locked in their physical ways, the fortress is impenetrable. Men are driven insane, while their bodies might implode or be pulled apart by the forces unleashed by Tzeentch's passing thoughts. Even immortal daemons cannot easily endure the twisted horror of the Impossible Fortress and only the Lords of Change can safely navigate its corridors, and only these Greater daemons of Tzeentch can tread the secret paths that lead to the inner sanctum of the fortress; The Hidden Library, where Tzeentch, the puppet master himself resides, eternally plotting."

No-one is getting through this, no mortal that wants to retain any shred of sanity that is.

#8 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

The Lord Of Change... there are currently 9 of them in this match...

"They are powerful sorcerers and resourceful manipulators who appear to mortals as omniscient beings. They are said to be able to turn scores of men into boneless spawn at a mere glance, destroy an armoured vehicle with a flick of a finger, or wrench the soul out of even the mightiest warriors with a simple word. Furthermore they are capable of seeing the near future which allows them to predict their foes and allies every move. Thus a Lord of Change can only be defeated when it is part of one of Tzeentch's grand schemes, when he tricks his own Daemon by sending it false visions of the future."

Posted Image

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Ha. Time to pull of the kids gloves, Skirmisher. This beatdown for you is color coordinated. Since nobody has an answer for this...I do. Zatanna . Mere mortals would fall prey to the Lords of Change and their pathetic maze. Zatanna is no mere mortal. According to Green Arrow (which is stated on the DC site itself) "Zatanna is the most powerful member of the Justice League" and she is. She can mask her thoughts. She can teleport out of the maze alltogether and go straight to the Lords of Change. and once she sees them, she can simply speak, "Nrut ot enots!" Did I mention, she can change the probabilities of the Lords of Changes ability to see the future. Which would make them basically see the wrong things. Oh and you can forget about removing her soul...

Powers
Sorcery: Zatanna is a homo magi, a human born with the affinity to manipulate magic. Her unique genetic structure allows her to use the magic she was born with as well as learned magic. As a tribute to her father, and as a focus for her spells, she casts spells by speaking backwards. For example, saying "pots" would cause the target of the spell to stop in their tracks. She can only cast the spells she wants by speaking or reading backwards, because that's the only way to focus her magic.

Elemental Sorcery: With her magic Zatanna has shown a greatest affinity to manipulate the elements of the Earth.
Pyrokinesis: Generation and Control of fire
Aerokinesis: Generation and Control of Air
Geokinesis: Control of Earth/Rock
Hydrokinesis: Control of Water
Cryokinesis: Generation and Control of Ice
Weather Manipulation
Telepathy: Zatanna can use her magic to manipulate the minds of others. She has displayed the following abilities.
Read Minds
Memory Manipulation: She is able to wipe minds completely and/or remove specific memories.
Chlorokinesis: Control over plants
Thermokinesis: She has used this ability a few times to stay warm in frigid environments.
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Durability
Flight
Force Field
Teleportation: Able to teleport herself and/or others to anywhere she desires.
Dimensional Travel
Probability Manipulation
Magical Awareness: supernatural sensitivity to occult activities and mystic phenomena.
Dispel: Able to remove illusions and holographic images that her opponents have set up.
Telekinesis
Elemental Conversion
Molecular Conversion
Regeneration: Able to heal herself and others
Size Alteration: She can increase or decrease her overall volume to nearly any size she chooses. The limits of this ability are subject only to the degree of power available to her at any one time. She has been seen using this ability to get down to the size of the Atom (about 6 inches tall at the time) to talk to him face-to-face.
Spectral Sight: She can see spiritual entities and travelers invisible to normal sight; she can perceive magical events at a great distance.
Elemental Transmutation: Zatanna has the ability to rearrange atoms and molecules in both inorganic and organic matter. She can change an object’s or creature's shape. In addition from one chemical into another.
Magical Manipulation: Zatanna is also capable of using all personal and universal magic
Extraction and Transportation of Souls: Able to extract and move souls from organic/inorganic structures to another organic/inorganic structure. In addition, she can attack her opponents by thrusting a soul at them. She only does this ability in dire situations.
Mystical Invulnerability: After casting this specific spell, she is safe from any offensive magic that comes her way or others.

AbilitiesPrestidigitation: Zatanna is skilled in stage magic, performing simple tricks and elaborate illusions.

Good Combatant: She has also been taught conventional fighting skills by the Justice League, but favors using magic in place of them.

Occultist: as Chronicler of Magic she possesses an extensive understanding of Occult lore due to her Mystic Background

Hypnotist

Improvisation: She prepares specific spells (a couple of hundred) but improvises a good bit for the unpredictable situations she encounters.

Bi-Lingual: Able to speak English and "Backwards Speech". As noted throughout the comics, she doesn't show any difficulty in speaking backwards when performing spells. It seems she can speak backward speech without hesitation and with clarity. Backwards Speech is most commonly known as Mnemonic Incantations.

Strength level as a magician, she is considered among the most powerful and knowledgeable in the world and often works alongside the most powerful magic-users on Earth, including Doctor Fate, Madame Xanadu, and Captain Marvel. However, the actual extent of her powers is not fully known. According to Green Arrow, she is the most powerful member of the Justice League. Of all the magicians and sorcerers on the planet, the JLA always go to Zatanna when they need magical assistance.

Oh and there is still Firestorm to deal with.

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:33 AM

Dr. Strangefate = Dr. Fate + Charles Xavier + Dr. Strange

Posted Image

Zatanna = Dr. Fate (arguably)

So take what Treach just said and multiply it by three. That is my response.

#11 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

She can mask her thoughts. She can teleport out of the maze alltogether and go straight to the Lords of Change. and once she sees them, she can simply speak, "Nrut ot enots!" Did I mention, she can change the probabilities of the Lords of Changes ability to see the future. Which would make them basically see the wrong things. Oh and you can forget about removing her soul...

She may be able to mask her thoughts, but not her actions, past present or future. And thanks to Fateweaver, the Lords of Change would be aware of all the possible futures that Zatana could come up with. As for teleporting through the maze... Not even that would work as even that would require navigating the maze, just on another level of reality. Another point is that the Lords of Change are themselves powerful Sorcerers and Magicians. I would highly doubt that they would be completely powerless before the power of backwards speaking... Tell me this, has she spelled Dr. Fate when he was prepared for it? As for changing the probabilities, and therefore changing their foresight... well that would work if they could only see One Future... but not when they can see the strands of causality. As for the whole Soul thing, not a problem, they need not do that.

Another thing though that you all forget is that Tzeentch is the Patron God of Magic, as well as the other things he does. That means that he gains power through people like Zatana and Strange and Fate. And what ever makes him more powerful also makes his minions more powerful.

Geokinesis: Control of Earth/Rock
Memory Manipulation: She is able to wipe minds completely and/or remove specific memories.
Teleportation: Able to teleport herself and/or others to anywhere she desires.
Dimensional Travel
Probability Manipulation
Dispel: Able to remove illusions and holographic images that her opponents have set up.
Magical Manipulation: Zatanna is also capable of using all personal and universal magic
Extraction and Transportation of Souls: Able to extract and move souls from organic/inorganic structures to another organic/inorganic structure. In addition, she can attack her opponents by thrusting a soul at them. She only does this ability in dire situations.
Mystical Invulnerability: After casting this specific spell, she is safe from any offensive magic that comes her way or others.
Occultist: as Chronicler of Magic she possesses an extensive understanding of Occult lore due to her Mystic Background

Oh and there is still Firestorm to deal with.

Let's start with Major and Coloured options...

~ Geokinesis and the other physical manipulations spells will not help as the maze is not made of anything remotely real.
~ Memory Manipulation... so what, these are Daemons. Strong minded Daemons that have Strong Magic backing them.
~ Teleportation... Just navigation of another plain of the Maze. And just as easy to get lost.
~ Dimensional Travel... you've got to be kidding me... With the leaking of the Warp into real space, this is not a good option as she'd likely end up In the Warp rather than wherever she wanted to go... then she'd have to deal with the things that live there...
~ Probability Manipulation... Seeing what will happen regardless of manipulation negates this.
~ Dispel... Thought that this might work, but none of the maze is Illusion or Holographic...
~ Magical Manipulation... Good Luck using Chaos Magic... But aside from that decent enough to maybe get to a Lord.
~ Extraction and Transportation of Souls... and if she tried that they would eat the souls. She wouldn't be able to use it on a Daemon either.
~ Mystical Invulnerability... only saving grace here...
~ Occultist... I don't think the Immaterium is covered in Anything she's read...

As for Firestorm... he's stuck walking through the maze. Eventually when his mind is shattered and his soul rip for the harvesting a Lord of Change will drop on by.

Dr. Strangefate = Dr. Fate + Charles Xavier + Dr. Strange

Zatanna = Dr. Fate (arguably)

So take what Treach just said and multiply it by three. That is my response.

Agreed, but then he gets jumped by 8 Lords at once. Swarming FTW!

#12 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

Darn you Skirmisher! Darn you!!!

Posted Image

#13 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

Whilest Scarlet Witch blinks them all from existence.....! Win by ringout! Yaaaaay

#14 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

Whilest Scarlet Witch blinks them all from existence.....! Win by ringout! Yaaaaay

I always wondered what a fight between two Reality Warpers would look like... I mean, since both would be Reality Warpers does that mean that they have defenses against Reality Warping?

Really, Lords of Change are so powerful with their magics that they are Reality Warpers, after all they are already transforming Asia into the Maze of Tzeentch. They have been shown to be able to warp whole Armies into jibering globlets of flesh and fire. They Live in the deepest recesses of the Maze of Tzeentch where you Have to be a reality warper to even last a few minutes without getting annihilated. etc...

So As reality Warpers, I would think they have defenses against being Reality Warped...

#15 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

Whoa.

When did "Magic powerful enough to change Africa" become "I can make this entire timeline & Universe what I want"?

Dr. Strange could easily reshape Earth's geography, but he stood no chance against Scarlet Witch's reality warp.

Well played Art, I agree with what was stated.

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:40 PM

Scarlett Witch only reality warped when she went straight psycho. I don't call that very heroic. Otherwise, it was just chaos bombs that made you trip and fall. Zatanna for the true magical hero win. You give her one moment of clarity and its...

Praw esolc reverof!

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

Seriously, who voted for the woman who killed Hawkeye (Scarlett Witch). If she taps into that kind of power, she's going nutso again and if she goes nutso again, the chao daemons are the least of the world's worries. Scarlett's real powers are null and void unless she can control them...which she cannot.

#18 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

Seriously, who voted for the woman who killed Hawkeye (Scarlett Witch). If she taps into that kind of power, she's going nutso again and if she goes nutso again, the chao daemons are the least of the world's worries. Scarlett's real powers are null and void unless she can control them...which she cannot.

Her partner's Nate Grey, aka X-Man. He's the alternate son of Cyclops & Jean from some dimension. Also, he has insane psychic abilities.

As for Hawkeye dying, you're showing your age Treach. You know only Uncle Ben is the only one who stays dead. :lol:

Posted Image

Hawkeye came back after House of M. Scarlet Witch brought him back before dissapearing.

Note: Mockingbird's back too.

#19 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:59 AM

As for Hawkeye dying, you're showing your age Treach. You know only Uncle Ben is the only one who stays dead. :lol:

Hawkeye came back after House of M. Scarlet Witch brought him back before dissapearing.

What are you talking about...my age. I'm completely aware that he came back. I own the whole storyline. He still died. My point is she flipped out in order to use her powers. She went villain and it took the entirety of the Marvel Universe to stop her. A good hero had to die to stop her. She is no hero. She is villain. She cannot use those powers without flipping out. Everybody is acting like she's running around in the comics saving lives with reality warping powers. No. She's a lunatic when she goes all out. Not a hero.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

Polls are Closed!!

Votes are cast. The winners will be revealed later as well as the final Villains match!

You may continue to vote or debate, but the actual competition is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users