Photo

The Perfect Team: The Finals round 1

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Test of Control/Power ( (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Artemis Entreri (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Team treacherous (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Team Marvel (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

Cable without the Techno-organic virus would be X-man........Still not that strong and he was stated as cable not X-man. Also being a Psyker doesn't mean you are immune to psiconic attacks it just means you can defend yourself better but still this is where the "steamroller over armored bunny" scenario comes in, Just because it's better protected doesn't mean it won't die. For the Strength and Durabillity a portion of it comes from his techno-organic parts while the other is simply boosted by his psiconic powers, But once again bunny and steamroller.

I believe Cable has anti-psyker armor on. That defense, plus his already impressive ability with Psionics is, I imagine, nigh impossible to overcome.

#22 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

I believe Cable has anti-psyker armor on. That defense, plus his already impressive ability with Psionics is, I imagine, nigh impossible to overcome.

Khorne Daemons have no Psychic attacks... Why is this relevant? Khorne is Strongly Anti-Psychic, and they have gear that does a far better job at protecting them then anything.

#23 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Khorne Daemons have no Psychic attacks... Why is this relevant? Khorne is Strongly Anti-Psychic, and they have gear that does a far better job at protecting them then anything.

Well, Zreth brought up the Psychic thing, and I had no knowledge of Khorne daemons lacking Psychic attacks...

#24 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

Okay...here I go:

Hulk is out first. Why? This fight is geared specifically for Hulk. These guys are the RAGE and ANGER army. Hulk is more likely to become a slave minion to Khorne than fight him. Hulk goes bloodlust crazy in about five seconds. He kills humans, monsters, daemons and whatever else gets in his way. Therefore, when the fight is over and he goes to rest somewhere, Bruce Banner is arrested for manslaughter. Hulk loses.

Cable lost his god powers in Cable #10 and since Artemis didn't originally state this was full god-mode Cable (as I stated my Iron Man was Destroyer armor Ironman), this is regular Cable. Regular Cable vs a million Deamons and one real pissed off An'ggrath the Unbound, is a dead Cable. Team Artie out.

Sentry is out next. Why? In The New Avengers #17: The Collective, thousands of innocent lives were dying and the Avengers couldn't even get Bob/Sentry out of bed. Why? Because that bozo was afraid he'd unleash the Void. If he unleashes the Void, everyone is dead. Sentry is out. Bad hero. The only person to get him out of bed was Captain America. Powergirl doesnt' have time to argue with Sentry to snap out of it once he sees the millions of Khorne followers rushing through the warp.

Powergirl can't save all those lives and fight against magically enhanced creatures all at the same time. Team Marvel out.

What's left? Team treacherous to save the day. Unafraid of unleashing hell on Khorne's forces, Gladiator and Jotaro rip them a new one. How? Gladiator heads straight towards An'ggrath the Unbound himself and ....adios .

He then turns to the other Bloodthirsters and asks, "Who's next? Jotaro in Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure published in English as volume 12: the High Priestess, fought a gigantic stand who's teeth were able to crush diamond. She chomped down on Jo Jo hard. Next thing you know, "ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!!" was all you heard as Jo Jo came bursting through the teeth with his diamond crushing punches. With these two combined, the days of Khorne's army are numbered.

#25 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

Because I like a challenge and because I'm tending to agree with Skirmisher (that the heroes are overpowering Khornes forces here), I am letting Khorne free. That's right. All his minions are sacrificed on the battlefield for one epic summon...KHORNE HIMSELF. Let's get it on!!!

#26 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

Ha!

Gladiator's in an even worse shape than Sentry. You see, Gladiator gets his power from his confidence. Considering that he's a purple alien with a mohawk who lost to Cannonball, I don't think his chances are too good against this unstoppable army. Without him, Jo Jo goes down like the Titanic.

Posted Image

As for Sentry's fight with the Collective, once he got up to it, the Sentry went one on one with that thing. 

Yep. Just in case you're wondering, the Collective is 99% of all the mutant energy in the world. That includes Magneto, Blob, and a couple thousand more mutants. He easily dispatches Binary, a herald level heroine, as well as most Avengers who tried to beat him.  

So, I see Team Marvel doing better than Team Treach. Go Sentry! 

#27 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

Nice try Marvel. Show the whole scene. Cannonball hit Gladiator with his hardest shot at a brief moment of self doubt. It was pure luck and Cannonball was completely drained afterwards. Also, this was after and during a time when they were trying to push Cannonball. It was just shortly before this when it was revealed that Cannonball was actually an External. He was no pushover. People look at this scene like Gladiator got chumped, but Cannonball is decently powerful. Basically, he hit Gladiator with his hardest shot at Gladiators weakest moment.

Regardless, we are still talking about a guy (Gladiator) who beat Thor. Tell me when has Cannonball (or Sentry for that matter) done anything remotely close. Oh and don't show me that stupid Hulk beating Gladiator scene either. Hulk survived Gladiator's heat vision which is supposedly hotter than a supernova or something like that. He fried Hulk to the core and the beast kept coming. You name anybody who wouldn't lose confidence to that. Once Gladiator doubts himself he loses. He has no reason to doubt himself in this match. None. He just threw the leader of the Khorne forces to the moon. He's pumped. Leader of the Shiar Empire for the win.

#28 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

Hmm...

Do you mean this:

Posted Image

Hulk has not done that to the Sentry... Hmm...

#29 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

No, I mean this...
Posted Image

Your scan is more a testament to Hulk than disrespect towards Gladiator. If anything it shows just how strong Gladiator is. You once said that Hulk's skin was more impervious than adamantium. Gladiator blew a hole in Hulk the size of Texas. Tell me who else could do that. Again, Whose confidence wouldn't waver in the face of that. One moment of self doubt is all it takes for Gladiator. None of these wins would happen if it weren't for the other person exploiting his weakness. Again, Gladiator has no reason to doubt going against Khorne or his forces. However, Sentry is afraid of HIMSELF!! That means he's always afraid. You never know if he'll fight or not. Not only that, if he has to go all out against Khorne, then Void comes out. If Void comes out, then your team is disqualified for having a villain. Your team also doesn't complete the goals, due to the fact that Void would kill everyone involved.

aaaaaannnnnnddddd.....

As for Jo Jo standing alone against Khorne's forces...I'm sure he'll be just fine.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#30 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

aaaaaannnnnnddddd.....

As for Jo Jo standing alone against Khorne's forces...I'm sure he'll be just fine.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

That would be enough to take out lesser Daemons, but not a Bloodthruster... Really I only see two to three characters actually making it past the Armies of Khorne to face the God himself. And in order of teams that would be Hulk, Glads, and Sentry.

Cabal goes down because his psychic powers are muted in the face of Khorne and he's torn limb from limb by the hordes of daemons.

Kujo goes down to a Bloodthruster.

Power Girl accumulates damage and eventually bleeds out from multiple magical cuts. A fitting end when facing the Blood God!

The Hulk will have reached Khorne because Khorne let him, slowly stoking his rage for the final battle. And he'd probably attempt to and succeed in converting him to Khorne.

But Glads and Sentry... Well, Khorne himself with his sword Warmaker would have to fight them. I can say this though that Africa will never look the same. But with the help of Khornate Hulk, he's not out numbered.

#31 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

1. You can't control Hulk. It's been tried by everyone from Emma Frost, to Jean Grey, to Dr. Strange. It just doesn't happen. Apocalypse tried something similar by turning Hulk into one of his horsemen. Hulk broke free.

2. Ha! How about Gladiator's fight with Reed Richards? He got pwned! That has yet to happen to the Sentry...

I'm still backing up my boy, Sentry.

#32 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

You really need to respect the GLADIATOR! We're talking a non-cosmic that fights on a cosmic level. Don't bring me those moments of weakness exploitation. Bring me moments of greatness.

Thor owned!
Posted Image

the aftermath of Thor when you get Gladiatorowned!
Posted Image

Thor owned once again!
Posted Image

Oh, but he doesn't just constantly own Thor...

Wonderman owned!
Posted Image

Surfer and Gladiator equals!
http://img377.images...surfer011go.jpg
http://img377.images...surfer029iz.jpg
http://img454.images...surfer037oo.jpg
http://img454.images...surfer047gg.jpg
http://img454.images...surfer050lv.jpg

Toe to Toe with Ego the living planet!
http://img377.images...70/ego010og.jpg
http://img377.images...46/ego024ws.jpg
http://img377.images...57/ego031rj.jpg
http://img377.images...90/ego048po.jpg
http://img377.images...77/ego054nq.jpg
http://img377.images...34/ego067lu.jpg

Here he flies through a Red Giant star, which is much larger than our own Sun.
Posted Image

You mention Reed Richards, but he pwns the Fantastic Four!
Feats during that fight
- Sending Thing flying through 8 cars with a punch (Thing doesn't think he's ever been hit that hard and he's been hit by Hulk). Then tossing him into the Baxter Building knocking him out.
- Lifting all 35 stories of the Baxter Building. His psionic abilities also keep it from crumbling in on itself.
- Laughs at the Human Torchs full powered Nova Blast, then blows him out like a candle.
- Stretching Reed to his limit, defeating him.
- Pounding his way through Sues force fields.
- Defeats Thing a second time by smashing a bus down on him.

I can get many more, but I believe you now know the might of the underrated Team PWN!

#33 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

Sentry has his "Uber-Moments," which is just another term for his character shield. He's still relatively new to Marvel. In time, Hulk, Thor, and many others will have their chance at beating him down. Just give it time...

And, if anything, I'd say Glads and Sentry are equals.

#34 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

And, if anything, I'd say Glads and Sentry are equals.

So flip a coin and vote for the winner? Chaos is happy then!

#35 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

Darn you Treach! DARN YOU!

Posting scans is my thing... :lol:

#36 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:00 AM

Adapt and destroy.

#37 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

Polls are Closed!!

Votes are cast. The winners will be revealed later as well as the final Villains match!

You may continue to vote or debate, but the actual competition is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users