Photo

The Perfect Team: The Finals round 1

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Test of Control/Power ( (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Artemis Entreri (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Team treacherous (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Team Marvel (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

In a world where the omniverse amalgamates in one plane, a familiar planet exists. Not dissimilar to Earth, this planet houses some of the most powerful beings in existence. As three separate teams, a few of these beings protect the planet from any and all threats ever known. Their prowess is celebrated throughout the galaxy. Their strength is legendary. Their might…unchallenged. However, today their true heroism will be tested. Returning from missions on far away planets, the heroes face their greatest challenge ever.

It is said that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. With this in mind, we must understand that on this same planet there is also great evil. At every turn this evil tries to seize power from the hands of good. This day would be no different. Today would be a day that would forever live in infamy. It begins with a bizarre moment where every known psychic in the world falls sway to an unimaginable extrasensory phenomenon. At once, their minds are attacked and they all fall prey to mental projections of unbearable horror. Upon their unwanted gazing upon this nightmare, the terror grasps hold and gazes back. Regrettably, the evil not only seeks to glimpse, but to invade, assault and occupy.

Sensing a great power on the other side, the evil destroys the minds of the clairvoyants and opens a warp into the realm. Across the four corners of the globe, a force the world has never known attacks and with them comes hell on Earth. They are the four Chaos gods known as Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh and their goal: To turn the Earth into a Daemon World.

Before the Chaos gods can overwhelm the Earth, their minions must make it suitable to their likings. Therefore the Chaos gods send forth their most powerful minions to bring forth the transformation. In Africa, Khorne lets loose 8 Bloodthirsters and a small army of Bloodletters, Fleshhounds and Juggernauts. The Bloodthirsters are led by the mighty An'ggrath the Unbound . His followers build no temples but rather worship him on the battlefield. Therefore, the Continent of Africa is ravaged beyond repair. Upon notification of the dreadful attack, the three heroic teams splinter into four smaller groups to combat all threats across the globe. Team Artemis, treacherous and Marvel arrive before a blood soaked savannah.

Their mission:

Completely destroy Khorne's forces (Bloodthirster appears at 3:29).
Avoid falling sway to bloodlust, for every death on the battlefield makes Khorne stronger.
Rescue as many innocents as possible.

The teams:

Team Artemis Entreri:
Hulk
Cable

Team Treacherous:
Gladiator
Jotaro Kujo

Team Marvel Man
Sentry
Power Girl

Who succeeds? Who fails? You decide… Our fate is up to you…
Poll ends Friday BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Given the sheer amount of power the heroes have here, I'm going to let Skirmisher decide how much fire power he can use against us. Whatever you deem necessary in Khorne's army, short of Khorne himself...don't get carried away. :P

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:16 AM

First things first, I'm splitting these two up. They can take care of themselves. Gladiator is using his superspeed to zip in and out of the battlefield. Hit and run. Keeping the enemy off guard. In the meantime, Jo Jo is using his time stopping powers to successfully get innocents to safety. By freezing time, he grabs as many people as he can and then transports them away. The act would look similiar to teleportation to the Khorne forces, as they would move in to strike innocents only to have them disappear before their eyes.

#4 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:07 PM

Given the sheer amount of power the heroes have here, I'm going to let Skirmisher decide how much fire power he can use against us. Whatever you deem necessary in Khorne's army, short of Khorne himself...don't get carried away. :P

Not sure how many they'd need, not sure how many they would probably bring... I've heard upwards of a few million daemons pore out of a single warp rift at a time, so why not that many... considering that there is probably more than just one rift, I would think this generous.

First things first, I'm splitting these two up. They can take care of themselves. Gladiator is using his superspeed to zip in and out of the battlefield. Hit and run. Keeping the enemy off guard. In the meantime, Jo Jo is using his time stopping powers to successfully get innocents to safety. By freezing time, he grabs as many people as he can and then transports them away. The act would look similiar to teleportation to the Khorne forces, as they would move in to strike innocents only to have them disappear before their eyes.

Super Speed yes, but since he's in atmosphere he would be limited to under mach as he'll have to keep slow to not kill the people he's trying to save. Strength wise though, he would find that no Daemon would be able to fight him... What he punches planets apart, Only Khorne himself could stand up to him!

As for Jo Jo, I thought that there was a time limit on how long he could stop time. Something like several seconds or something, which wouldn't give him that long to run away...

#5 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

MM: Hey guys, Artie will be here to debate for his team, right Artie?

Art: Yes Marvel Man...

MM: Anyways, I see Sentry unleashing massive blasts of energy while Power Girl rounds up civilians. After all, what type of civilian would want to flee from Power Girl *wink*.

Art: I see Cable using his telepathy to draw all the civilians in the area towards safety. Also, he'll point Hulk in the general direction, and watch him go at it. Seriously, this is a Hulk fight.

MM: I see... Still, my Team will win, right?

Art: Of course.

MM: Alright, Nuff said!

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

Anyways, I see Sentry unleashing massive blasts of energy while Power Girl rounds up civilians. After all, what type of civilian would want to flee from Power Girl *wink*.

Problem, All Daemons have Daemonic weaponry, which is basically Magic Weapons... the fact that out of everything in creation to swing a weapon, these Daemons are the best, also means that PG (being a Kryptonain) will undoubtedly get cut and or gutted eventually... And Khornate Daemons do not fall pray to the most common Super Power...

As for Sentry... This is why I think the Khorne side is insufficient to take their objectives... Really, Khorne himself may be able to fight Sentry evenly... but none of his lesser Dameons, and that goes for the Bloodthursters as well...

I see Cable using his telepathy to draw all the civilians in the area towards safety. Also, he'll point Hulk in the general direction, and watch him go at it. Seriously, this is a Hulk fight.

Here's the problem with that line of thought... Hulk relies on the same emotions as Khorne to get power... The madder he gets the stronger both he and the two Bloodthurster he's fighting get... They eventually beat the hulk when they de-limb him with their axes... I know he has Really good Regen, but has he regenerated whole limbs?

As for Cable... well, Khorne is extremely Anti-Psyker... he would have problems doing anything to them at all.

#7 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

I'm gonna need some feats of these Anti-Psyker. Could he beat a man who has the power to link the world's minds? A man who can reach accross oceans and locate a single individual? A person who can beat Proffessor X?!

As for the "chop Hulk's arms off", I say, "Ha!"

First of all, those blades would need to be extremely sharp. I don't mean sharp enough to cut through steel, I mean sharp enough to cut the Hulk! So many things have tried, and so many have failed.

As for healing, how's this:

1. Healing from having most his body flash-fried.

http://media.comicvi...super_super.jpg

2. Here the Dog of War, created by future Hulk (Maestro) attacks regular Hulk. It can crush Adamantium (the strongest metal aside from Vibranium in the Marvel Universe) in 7.3 seconds. It doesn't even break Hulk's skin.

http://i30.photobuck...warstrength.jpg

#8 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

Okay, What if the daemons didn't have super-sharp blades, Skirmisher? How would that turn out if the Hulk/Sentry/Gladiator were to fight them (or possibly Khorne (without magic blades))?

Also, would it matter if Cable were to turn into God-Cable for this battle?

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

Okay, What if the daemons didn't have super-sharp blades, Skirmisher? How would that turn out if the Hulk/Sentry/Gladiator were to fight them (or possibly Khorne (without magic blades))?

Also, would it matter if Cable were to turn into God-Cable for this battle?

No gods, no cosmics. I don't know what godCable is, but no gods. Anyway, I'll debate later.

#10 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

No gods, no cosmics. I don't know what godCable is, but no gods. Anyway, I'll debate later.

God-Cable is Cable with his full Psionic potential unleashed. He managed to battle evenly with the Silver Surfer in this form.

#11 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

I'm gonna need some feats of these Anti-Psyker. Could he beat a man who has the power to link the world's minds? A man who can reach accross oceans and locate a single individual? A person who can beat Proffessor X?!

There's the Coller of Khorne and the Brass Armour of Khorne.

I can't find the exact wording on what they actually do but I did find this

The Collar provides basically a 84% chance of completely negating Any psychic attack
And the Armour provides not only great protection but also limited invulnerability (33% negation) to all forms of attack.

As for the "chop Hulk's arms off", I say, "Ha!"

First of all, those blades would need to be extremely sharp. I don't mean sharp enough to cut through steel, I mean sharp enough to cut the Hulk! So many things have tried, and so many have failed.

As for healing, how's this:

1. Healing from having most his body flash-fried.

http://media.comicvi...super_super.jpg

2. Here the Dog of War, created by future Hulk (Maestro) attacks regular Hulk. It can crush Adamantium (the strongest metal aside from Vibranium in the Marvel Universe) in 7.3 seconds. It doesn't even break Hulk's skin.

http://i30.photobuck...warstrength.jpg

"In combat they use immense Axes that have been forged in the heat of Khorne's wrath and bear the essence of a caged Greater Daemon in conjunction a long whip that allows them to attack farther foes"

There is also the fact that being Daemonic Weapons they are Magic and such much better than any standard weapon...

Besides, There are enough Bloodthursters there to make the fight with Hulk a Two on One fight, and Bloodthrusters are the most brutal and vicious greater Daemons out there.

#12 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Skrimisher, what about my question relating to God-Cable and daemons without magic weapons?

#13 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:49 AM

Skrimisher, what about my question relating to God-Cable and daemons without magic weapons?

Why wouldn't they have their weapons?

and isn't God Cabal... well, Godly? And therefore disqualified from competition?

#14 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:53 AM

It's just a title.

You see, Cable was infected with a techno virus when he was little, and barely survived it. Now he has to constantly keep it in check with his psychic/telekinetic powers. This handicaps him, and keeps him from using his full powers.

GodCable is Cable without these handicaps.

#15 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:08 AM

Why wouldn't they have their weapons?

I suppose I'm just gaging their power...and the fact that using magical axes to cut through things is a bit unfair for Hulk.

and isn't God Cabal... well, Godly? And therefore disqualified from competition?

Aren't the Chaos Gods involved in this fight? :P

#16 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:09 AM

It's just a title.

You see, Cable was infected with a techno virus when he was little, and barely survived it. Now he has to constantly keep it in check with his psychic/telekinetic powers. This handicaps him, and keeps him from using his full powers.

GodCable is Cable without these handicaps.

Well, what are his physical feats... since Psychic Attacks are going to be a problem... With the CoK it would probably reduce the effectiveness of his psychic attacks to a little worse than his Tech Virus handicap... Pack in the the Brass Armours effect of granting Limited Invulnerability to any attack and you have a Being that is nigh impervious to Psychic Attacks.

#17 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

Well, what are his physical feats... since Psychic Attacks are going to be a problem... With the CoK it would probably reduce the effectiveness of his psychic attacks to a little worse than his Tech Virus handicap... Pack in the the Brass Armours effect of granting Limited Invulnerability to any attack and you have a Being that is nigh impervious to Psychic Attacks.

Since Cable is already a psyker, I'd say he'd be totally immune to psychic attacks.

As for his Physical feats...as posted above he's able to go toe-to-toe with the Silver Surfer for prolonged periods of time...if that counts for anything.

#18 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Since Cable is already a psyker, I'd say he'd be totally immune to psychic attacks.

As for his Physical feats...as posted above he's able to go toe-to-toe with the Silver Surfer for prolonged periods of time...if that counts for anything.

Is that using his strength and durability, or is that with his powers?

#19 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

Is that using his strength and durability, or is that with his powers?

I think since his strength and Durability stem from his Psionics, I'd say all three...But I'm not certain. I'm no expert on the character. I might have to sift through some scans.

But not now....Too...lazy...

#20 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

Cable without the Techno-organic virus would be X-man........Still not that strong and he was stated as cable not X-man. Also being a Psyker doesn't mean you are immune to psiconic attacks it just means you can defend yourself better but still this is where the "steamroller over armored bunny" scenario comes in, Just because it's better protected doesn't mean it won't die. For the Strength and Durabillity a portion of it comes from his techno-organic parts while the other is simply boosted by his psiconic powers, But once again bunny and steamroller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users