• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Wasn't Ferret meant to be closed down a couple days ago?

#2 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

As Fox laid it out, the forums close last. You'll notice that Callisto isn't showing match results.

#3 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Actually, I just think Fox never fully re-programmed Callisto to automatically end matches after the hacking, and instead has been manually making Callisto do so whenever he logs in. If you guys have noticed, all the CP functions are still working (match creator, character adding, etc.). Hell, if this keeps up, I might just make one more match myself. We might as well keep using these functions while we still can, right? 

Whether Fox is ending the site or not, what he might need more than anything is a break for all the constant programming work he's been doing with EF of late. Either way, I'm very grateful for what Fox has done so far, and therefore I'm not rushing a thing. I'm sure you guys don't want to do so, either.

#4 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Ya mean... IT'S NOT ENDING!? WHAT THE HELL!!! I HAD THAT WHOLE EVIL SCHEME TO TAKE OVER THE INTERNET AND THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME WAS- Oh... Um... I mean, YAY!

#5 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Actually, I just think Fox never fully re-programmed Callisto to automatically end matches after the hacking, and instead has been manually making Callisto do so whenever he logs in. If you guys have noticed, all the CP functions are still working (match creator, character adding, etc.). Hell, if this keeps up, I might just make one more match myself. We might as well keep using these functions while we still can, right? 

Whether Fox is ending the site or not, what he might need more than anything is a break for all the constant programming work he's been doing with EF of late. Either way, I'm very grateful for what Fox has done so far, and therefore I'm not rushing a thing. I'm sure you guys don't want to do so, either.

Maybe he did change his mind, that would be great.

#6 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Yes, but probably unlikely.

I'd guess that he's busy and that shutting down is low on his priorities list. He's likely giving us a break by taking care of other things first.

#7 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Yes, but probably unlikely.

I'd guess that he's busy and that shutting down is low on his priorities list. He's likely giving us a break by taking care of other things first.

Agreed. Don't forget New Registration is in fact shut down, so that in it's self is an ominous sign.

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hell, if this keeps up, I might just make one more match myself. We might as well keep using these functions while we still can, right? 

Spoke too soon. :(

Looks like even Log In is shut down for regular members now (though I hope this was a mistake, as it was stated that people would still be able to communicate though the forums 'til the end). I was only able to log in just now through the admin CP. Well, might as well get to finally saying my goodbyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users