Photo

Rumble 14642 Callisto vs. Callisto (Marvel)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

STORM: Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I am Ororo Munroe, also known as Storm, mistress of the elements and member of the X-Men. 

Storm-Ororo-Munroe-wallpapers-x-men-3169

JOXER: And I'm Joxer of ancient Greek fame.  

7.jpg

JOXER: Y'know, Joxer the Mighty, I roam through the countryside, I never need a place to --

STORM: (clears throat) Yes, well ... let us discuss today's main event, shall we? 

JOXER: (sad look) Um ... sure.

STORM: This battle shall determine who will officially become the new first lady of CBUB and Khazan. 

JOXER: That's right, Storm. Callisto, the current first lady of CBUB and arch-nemesis of Xena, the Warrior Princess, will face off against Callisto,  leader of the sewer-dwelling Morlocks! 

STORM: As Joxer and I have had encounters with both of these women in the past, we have been chosen as co-commentators to provide some insight into these competitors.

JOXER: As you all know, the Grecian Callisto is a personal favorite of serge, master of the CBUB and Khazan  (hence, why serge himself has proclaimed her one of CBUB's iconic figures). Among mortals, she also has fighting prowess matched only by Xena herself, and, of course, yours truly. Not to mention she has a crazy streak a mile long ... 

callisto_fire.jpg

CALLISTO (XENA): (from the arena floor, creepy smile) I heard that, you little imp! Remind me to kill you slowly when this is over! 

JOXER: *gulp* 

STORM: Well ... the Callisto I'm familiar with is not to be underestimated. She is indeed one of the better fighters from my world, has enhanced senses, a gift for tactics and is as fierce as anyone, man or woman, that I have ever known. It is by the grace of Ainet that I was able to defeat her in hand-to-hand combat. 

JOXER: Well said, Storm. Let's now go to Harley Quinn with the combatants.

harley-quinn1.png

HARLEY QUINN: Sure thing, J! I'm here with both Callistos as they get ready to battle to be the top dame of CBUB! Blondie and me have been best buds for years, so I'll ask her the first question. So, Cally, what are your thoughts on this competition? 

CALLISTO (XENA): Why, I think it's ridiculous! Everyone knows that I've always been serge's favorite! Why this one-eyed freak wants to try to take my place or even think she stands a chance against me is beyond me. But no matter! I'm going to have fun tearing her into little butch cutlets! 

HARLEY QUINN: Thanks, Calls! How do you respond to this, tall, dark and handsome? 

Callisto.jpg

CALLISTO (MARVEL): (snatches mike away) Call me "handsome" again, sweetheart, and I'll ram this mike down yer throat! 

HARLEY QUINN: (backs away meekly) Eep!

CALLISTO (MARVEL): And all you model types make me sick! Especially you blonde bimbos! Hell, if I didn't respect her highness up there s' damn much, I'd go up to 'er right now and demand a rematch! 

STORM: (eyes narrowing)

CALLISTO (MARVEL): But anyway, that's why I called for this match. I'm gonna show all o' you that you ain't gotta be all dolled up to be top dame in this joint! 

CALLISTO (XENA): (smiling) You have no idea what you're in for, "sweetheart". I've slaughtered thousands and held my own against the likes of Hercules! 

CALLISTO (MARVEL): That s'posed to scare me, hun? I've done my share of killin', too. And from what I heard, muscle boy kicked your ass! 

CALLISTO (XENA): (draws sword, giggles) Your funeral! 

CALLISTO (MARVEL): (tosses mike back at Harley Quinn, draws staff and smiles) Izzat right? 

HARLEY QUINN: And there you have it, folks! The battle of the Callistos! Let the fight begin!

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Learn More About
Callisto
Read more about Callisto at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Studios Links: Wiki Entry web archive Callisto's Corner

Callisto (Marvel)
Read more about Callisto (Marvel) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Marvel Comics Database Superhero Database

#3 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Oooh.... D's breakin the rules.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Oooh.... D's breakin the rules.

Eh, the scenario's coming. :D Hopefully, I'll have time today.

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

Four hours have passed! There can be no exceptions! Resistance is futile! Prepare to be assimilated/exterminated/scolded!

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Four hours have passed! There can be no exceptions! Resistance is futile! Prepare to be assimilated/exterminated/scolded!

Bah! :P

Anyway, scenario's finally up for what looks to be my final CP-generated rumble. This is a match-up I've wanted to make almost ever since I added Marvel's Callisto (the original Callisto) to the databases way back when, only partially because I wanted to see the redundancy in the Callisto bot's post. :D I was thinking of actually making this an official match, but then figured it may be kind of difficult to make an actual match interesting. 

Besides, I also figured that if this is the end, it might be best that the more detailed Teen Titans vs. the Acolytes (which is still up to vote, rate, and comment on, BTW) be my last official match. 

Anyways, this is essentially a straight-up fight between Marvel's Callisto and Callisto from Xena: the Warrior Princess to the death or incapacitation (though with these two, it would likely be the former).

- Xena's Callisto has at least peak human strength and agility, and her fighting skill is to the point that, among mortals, she has only been bested by Xena herself. And no, she won't have her god or angel abilities here. She is armed with her sword.

- Marvel's Callisto also has peak human strength and has supposedly mastered most forms of combat. She also has enhanced senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch and has a special ability of tactical brilliance which she can figure out the best way to engage in any fight. She is armed with her staff. 

Both women will fight in the traditional Khazan arena, which is also littered with bladed, unbladed, and other non-firearm weaponry.

#7 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

So Marvel has retconned their Callisto as being a master of most martial arts, huh? That has become such a lame cliche they (and DC) pull out for every street level character. I liked it a lot better when she was a bad-ass street fighter with mutant enhanced senses and reflexes. 

Oh well...

I like both characters and have used Callisto (Marvel) a lot in my big arc. Callisto (Xena) is (with Joxer) my favorite character from that series. When Lucy Lawless was injured and Hudson Leick took over as Xena's mind in Callisto's body, I thought she made a better Xena than Lucy ever did.

Anyway, I think Callisto gives Callisto a good fight, but ultimately Callisto has this in the bag.

Callisto (Marvel) is a very good fighter but she's far from Marvel's best. Storm was able to beat her in a hand to hand (or knife to knife) fight on Callisto's home turf in their first encounter. Storm is good. She's learned to be tough on the streets of Cairo and had the intensive hand to hand training all X-Men get. But Storm is no stronger or faster than an athletic woman of average size. Also, most of her X-Men training is in how to use her mutant powers most effectively. While she's certainly picked up a lot, that's never been enough of a focus to put her on the level of characters like Shang Chi, Black Widow, Batroc, etc. And if she can't fight at that level, neither can Callisto.

Callisto (Xena) on the other hand is so good that she regular does things that defy the laws of physics. While Hercules/Xena are wildly inconsistent about their characters' levels of strength and skill, Herc, Xena, Callisto (and often Gabrielle) operated at clearly superhuman levels.

Callisto wins!

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Match Final Results
Callisto: 2
Callisto (Marvel): 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic