6 replies to this topic

#1 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Morlun pulled his hand from the young hero's chest, finally ripping free the heart. After a long battle, Superboy was dead in front of him.

"Much better than I expected," Morlun remarked aloud, looking at the bodies of the young justice team. Aqualad, Superboy, Robin, and Artemis all lied dead at his feet. "Hmmm, but there was one more of you." His arm suddenly lurched out, and his hand squeezed around Kid Flash's neck, preventing his escape from the dark cave he had lured his targets into. "Attempting escape? Foolish. Even if you had managed to slip by me here, I would have found you. You were doomed from the moment you struck me. And had you left here, I would have killed everyone you held dear for making me walk after you... Well, everyone I haven't already."

Tears welled up in Kid Flash's eyes. "You... you monster," he gurgled. "The Justice League will stop you."

"Well then, I guess that means I should take my leave." With that, Morlun crushed Kid Flash's neck. As soon as the life left Wally's body, Morlun too was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excellent work, my minion," Trigon said, looking down at his servant from his throne. "Your work is nearly complete."

"I would certainly think so," Morlun replied. He had been to too many different dimensions to count, and had taken the souls of even more victims. The Arkham villains, a team of X-Men, a boy who he had fought through machines called 'Autobots' to get to, and one very annoying Tameranian. Was she ever a pain, he though, going over the bodies in his head, kept flying around and shooting those obnoxious green blasts at me. It was quite pleasant removing her spine from her twitching body. 

"Your last hunt awaits you," Trigon continued. "After this, you will have brought me all the energies needed to break down the magic barriers that keep me here."

"And our deal?" Morlun asked, knowing that he should keep it fresh in Trigon's mind.

"Our deal will stand. The universe you call home will stay as it is, prime for the carnage that awaits you upon your return."

Morlun responded with a smile that would chill the bones of any mortal. "Perfect, there's a certain witch doctor and foolish girl who I have wanted to become reacquainted with." 

Trigon laughed. "That will be a great thing to watch, hunter. Now, take your final list. It has only one name to it, but don't be fooled. This fight will be anything but easy."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goku was on the ground, writhing in pain under Raditz's boot. As Goku cried out, Raditz turned to Piccolo. "Don't think I've forgotten you," he said, raising his hand at the Namekian, "I won't have you waiting around to hit me with that little beam of yours again." Raditz fired a blast through Piccolo's chest, finishing him off.

"I guess that wasn't Raditz, now was it?" a voice called over. Raditz turned to see the tall, gothic form coming towards him.

"No, that would be me. And who are you, another of this world's brave warriors?"

Morlun laughed. "Hah, no, quite the opposite. In fact, on any other day you would be completely inconsequential to me. I'd allow you to continue your rampage as long as you'd like. Their lives are really of no importance to me. But today, you drew the unlucky straw. I need you dead."

"I guess that makes you the next pitiful bug I squish here!" With that, Raditz fired a blast of energy at Morlun. It struck him in the chest, exploding on impact.

Raditz turned back to Goku, smiling. "Now comes your end," he said.

"Was that all?" Morlun emerged from the dust cloud. "I certainly hope not. I want my last challenge to be, well, a challenge." Raditz glared at Morlun. "Come now, don't give me that look. If it helps, this is really nothing personal."

Upon hearing that, the Saiyan flew at Morlun. In Raditz's mind, this was just another fight. But to Morlun, it was everything. The culmination of all his work, now flying at him.

Raditz hit Morlun hard in the gut. The monster paused for a moment, then smirked at the Saiyan. Morlun struck back with a hard right that sent Raditz flying backwards.

"Again," Morlun said, smiling wickedly. "This is nothing personal."

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Learn More About
Morlun
Read more about Morlun at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Amazing Spiderman info Wikipedia Marvel Universe

Raditz
Read more about Raditz at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toei Animantion Links: Raditz Wiki Dragonballz.com Nodeworks

#3 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

So, this was the planned end of my Morlun arc. Of course, I basically posted the first match and found out the site was going down, so I never really got around to most of the matches I wanted to make here. My biggest regret there is that Morlun never hunted Sam Whitwicky, which would have had him fighting the Transformers (probably film version.)

Anyway, everyone should give this an A right now. Right now. Or Morlun will eat your family.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Anyway, everyone should give this an A right now. Right now. Or Morlun will eat your family.

Troll-face.sh-600x600.png

#5 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Dskillz NOOOOOOO!!!!

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

emma-watson-troll-face.jpg

That's one Ruinus would be proud of, I'm sure. :D

But yeah, good set-up, Berg. I was initially staying away from the previous chapters in your arc because I wasn't sure I knew enough about Morlun to know how he'd do against his various opponents. Now that I see that Morlun's already killed Superboy in this arc, though, it's pretty certain Raditz doesn't stand a chance against at least this version of Morlun.

#7 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

But yeah, good set-up, Berg. I was initially staying away from the previous chapters in your arc because I wasn't sure I knew enough about Morlun to know how he'd do against his various opponents. Now that I see that Morlun's already killed Superboy in this arc, though, it's pretty certain Raditz doesn't stand a chance against at least this version of Morlun.

Thanks Dskillz, but there are two things I should tell you. The first is that the version of superboy here is from young justice, so not as powerful as the comics version.
The second thing is that this is only the second "real" story of the arc. All the "victims" listed were matches I wanted to write, but when the announcement about EF coming down came out, I just never got to them. I don't have quite the dedication of Dinsdale.

Also, after this, I wanted to follow it up with Trigon matches. But, that's a no go now.

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of [A] -
DSkillz gives it a grade of - Good story, but it already appears to be a stomp.
Nova Force Nova gives it a grade of [C] -
[b]SCORE

Morlun: 8
Raditz: 5
FPA: 3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users