• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

A lot of people argue that trolling is bad, and that all trolls are Satanists who hate everyone. In a way, I can see where they are coming from. Some do indeed take it too far. But I think that trolls can actually be our true heroes of society. Think about it. A troll is someone who purposefully annoys someone over the internet. But in the end, it's just the internet, and 90% of the internet is filled with irrelevant garbage that in no way affects reallife. So why do some people take it so seriously.

So when someone trolls someone in a game or in a forum, they are actually uncovering the real enemies. Take this video for example:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G_CpPYSNkt8

This kid is a whiny little brat who cries whenever he doesn't get what he wants. His parents obviously spoil him rotten, and let him play Minecraft. He actually starts crying when someone doesn't give him bread (or meat, sorry, don't play Minecraft). Can you imagine if he did that in real life? This dude is actually helping the kid, by teaching him that being an annoying whiner pussy gets you nowhere in life. I never really got into online games as a kid, so I'd play one player games. We all have tantrums now and then when we can't complete something. But I never whined at other people. I would usually get mad at myself for being rubbish, not other people. That's why little babies like this should stay away from online games. Cause in the end, it's just a game.

That, and the fact that troll vids are f*cking funny.

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Shut up, you dumb faggot.

#3 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Skadoosh

#4 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

OH MAI GAAAWD!!! *CRIES*

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Problem people will reveal themselves without trolls. 

Being a troll is just another form of deriving pleasure through hurting or humiliating others. Schoolyard bullies can be funny too.

#6 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Problem people will reveal themselves without trolls. 

Being a troll is just another form of deriving pleasure through hurting or humiliating others. Schoolyard bullies can be funny too.

School yard bullies are far different than internet trolls.

Reason being, the best internet trolls I know, are inebitably, several folds smarter than any bullies I've met.

#7 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

They do with their intellect what bullies do with their size and strength. 

#8 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

"Troll" is a meaningless word. Some people use it to refer to people who go out of their way to harass people. Others use it when you disagree with them, because any differing opinion just HAS to be you trying to get a rise out of them rather than a genuine differing opinion.

Yeah. Stop using "troll" and come up with some new terms that actually have meaning.

#9 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

A lot of people argue that trolling is bad

And they would be correct, there are scientific studies which shows this, both with internet trolling, and rl trolling, also called bullying.

But I think that trolls can actually be our true heroes of society.

This is like saying that school-yard bullies "could actually be our true heroes of society."

A troll is someone who purposefully annoys someone over the internet.

This is also called a bully. When it's done by adults, it's called harassment, depending on the severity of the case, it can be illegal. And you're saying that it's a good thing...

But in the end, it's just the internet

Just like it's merely kids antics in the school-yard, when some kid is getting wedgies or having their lunch money stolen. [/sarcasm]

So why do some people take it so seriously.

Because it is a serious issue.

This kid is a whiny little brat who cries whenever he doesn't get what he wants.

Considering the sound of his voice, he's a pre-teen, which means he'll grow up and hopefully out of that particular phase.

His parents obviously spoil him rotten

So, because his parents spoil him, you're saying that he's a valid target for bullying?

Can you imagine if he did that in real life?

Yes, quite easily, small children throwing temper-tantrums happens on a relatively regular basis, and there are multiple studies done on how and why they do so.

This dude is actually helping the kid, by teaching him that being an annoying whiner pussy gets you nowhere in life.

No, what the guy in the video is doing, is bullying, pure and simple. Teaching him would involve actually telling the kid whats going on.

That, and the fact that troll vids are f*cking funny.

Sure, just like watching the weird kid in the school-yard getting picked on by the bullies can be entertaining, however from the perspective of the person being bullied, it's an entirely different story.

#10 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

1175694_491299914297345_1378290561_n.jpg

#11 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

1175694_491299914297345_1378290561_n.jpg

That is the creepiest picture of Mr. PoPo I've ever seen :mellow: .

#12 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

But it is not like he's getting bullied. In the video in question, the guy isn't physically hurting him, nor is he saying horrible things. The kid is crying over someone eating some food in a make believe world. It's not like the kid is going to actually die if he doesn't eat something in the video game. And there's the fact that the kid is also mean spirited and selfish. He actually says "I WANT ALL OF IT! GIMME!" somewhere in the video, or at least in another video by the same guy.

#13 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

But it is not like he's getting bullied. In the video in question, the guy isn't physically hurting him, nor is he saying horrible things. The kid is crying over someone eating some food in a make believe world. It's not like the kid is going to actually die if he doesn't eat something in the video game. And there's the fact that the kid is also mean spirited and selfish. He actually says "I WANT ALL OF IT! GIMME!" somewhere in the video, or at least in another video by the same guy.

Then I guess you never heard of cyberbullying before, which a lot of trolls do and post about. 

By the voice of the kid, it sounds like they're <12 years old.  OH THE HORROR a kid is screaming gimme gimme gimme.  I STILL deal with adults that say that. 

#14 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, I guess that isn't the best example. How about maxmoefoe's prank calls? https://www.youtube....h?v=2RcrhnJ1334

I know it's highly unlikely, but what if you actually found a shit in your burger and you got treated like this?

#15 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

when I was 12 I would have told that guy to go fuck himself.

for the record they obviously know each other and put these videos together because the views.  the kid is overacting for youtube just like the world of war craft kid.

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Trolling can get downright horrible. (Like Landon said I don't know if Troll is really the right word) Trolls become cyber bullies and do horrible shit like hacking people's facebooks to post bad shit. They post false information on people, may go all of their way to prevent to be that person on multiple sites, and more. All of that can being damaging to a person in real life regarding jobs, family, and more. It actually has and their are plenty of cases where it happens over the years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users