#41 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I wish that Odin fought Superman

Superman thinks he is so cool beating up DBZ people and then gets turned into a frog

#42 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

A universe full of people? Please, enlighten me. Who else beside the Z Fighters, their allies such as the Namekians and The Kais and Kaioshins and certain enemies know about them? I'm thinking the number beyond then is small. And really, that's a small percentage of the universe.

If the villains got close to them, the wish wouldn't be to know his weakness; I'm pretty sure.

Oh really? Piccolo will?

"Hey Gohan, go fight this guy who's stronger than me, I know you can do it."

*cue Piccolo talking to Goku in angry tone but doing nothing else*

Or hey...

*Goku throws Cell a senzu*

*no one does anything beyond go 'what the hell hero?'*

Sounds like he just stood there in a situation that, to him, seems like getting everyone killed for a fair fight.

What would Shenron do? He can't affect a being more powerful than his creator. The only thing would be the weaknesses, which he could give them. The combat pragmatists and villains would probably use that, perhaps. If Supes doesn't kill them first. I'm not sure if Porunga or Black Star got that limitation, I'd have to check. So Kryptonite or Red Sun. Dunno if DBZ uni has a red sun, they presumably probably do, but would have to find it. Or wish for one. Kryptonite, same thing.

So their fates rest on getting all the Dragon Balls to perfom such a wish or having one of the three dragons do it of it's own accord, something none of them have ever done against any villain in the series, among which include planet destroyers(Vegeta, Frieza), solar system annihilators(Cell), galaxy obliterators(Broly, Buu), dimension benders(Buu, Janemba, Omega Shenron)

Why the proactive change now?

The Z Fighters(particularly the Saiyans) don't fight smart.

Frieza is too easy to kill? Encourage him to transform! Good job Vegeta!
Not ask the Dragon to find Gero's lab so they can kill him? Good job guys!
Cell is too easy to kill? Help him transform! Good job Vegeta!
Cell is weakened? Give him a senzu! Good job Goku!
Cell is too easy to kill? Don't kill him when you easily can! Good job Gohan!
You have a Super Saiyan transformation that would allow you to crush Buu? But you don't use it in the beginning? Good job Goku!
You have a sure-fire way of crushing Kid Buu? Let's crush the potara earrings! Good job Goku and Vegeta!
Your son can easily beat Kid Buu? Rescue Hercule instead! Good job Goku!

Future Trunks is likely the smartest, he just gets down to it. Of course, he's not powerful enough too.

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Shenron and Black Star Shenron cannot exist at the same time though o,o And no one's ever gotten the idea in DBZ to do so, not even friggin' Piccolo.

And if the Shadow Dragons are around - no one's using the Black Star Balls for their infinite power - there's going to be infighting - likely the weak ones will be murdered by the stronger ones, i.e. Piccolo, Krillin, etc, get mangled by Omega Shenron - having the entirety of the universe turns this more into a friggin' free for all.

Buu ain't going to be working with anyone. Nope. Cell's going to be too damn a narcissist to lend a finger and will pester Goku.

Welp there went a a large chunk of Asgard cuz of a certain raging legendary Saiyan...

Holy crap, who turned all those Asgardians into fat jubbly demons. Dammit Janemba.

Also I did some research... Silver Age Superman was more prone to doing rude shit unlike his New Earth version (much, much nicer). He's also not hesitant to utilize his powers in that respect too.

#44 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Gonna be honest here. TOO LAZY, DID NOT READ, THAT WAS A MASSIVE POST, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. I'm not really debating for either side, but it was a thought. And yeah, the reason I mentioned the Shenrons and Porunga was that they could be used to glean 'n supply the weaknesses. Perhaps.

Although, I will say that you misinterpreted my meaning when I said "a universe full of people". Dunno 'bout you lot, but around here saying a place is "full of" something equates to saying it's got plenty of people who are the proverbial something. Not that everybody there is a something. Jeez. :(

And yes, they're consistently idiots throughout the series BUT... maybe Akira Toriyama just wasn't smart enough to adequately display their sheer brilliance. Or something.

#45 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

If they are smart about what? What are they going to do? The Z-Fighters aren't going to wish for his weakness or to have him depowerd. They aren't the heroes to come up with some scientific solution or anything like that. They can't wish to make anybody even close to Silver Age Superman's power level.  The villains hate the DBZ heroes so much they may actually make things worse for them if they are in the battle.  None of them don't give a damn whether Earth or more get destroyed. Chances are unless forced they would enjoy to see the heroes get slaughtered.

Also like Jaeger mentioned Silver Age Superman is the version you don't want to f**k with since he did some messed up shit and as powerful as he is doesn't hold back. Like at all. Some scans below:

272830-action_261_1200_09_super.jpg

278603-action_comics_273_04superfastsnee

344961-speed_2_super.jpg

344962-speed_3_super.jpg

344963-speed_4_super.jpg

344964-speed_5_super.jpg

#46 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

If they are smart about what? What are they going to do? The Z-Fighters aren't going to wish for his weakness or to have him depowerd.

And why not?

#47 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Because the Saiyans will interfere I believe.

Granted humans/Piccolo could still intervene but I digress with all the chaos in the background.

#48 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

So superman is immune to everything but a little dust makes him sneeze? Yeah DC was really smart there. Also fill me in, why is CBub dying? I don't like comic vine and well I am used to coming here :(

"Shenron we wish for Bulma to be so smart that she invents a machine that can stop superman"

No??? Hahahaah Mexican Wolverine would approve of that

#49 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Go look at the topic yourself?

#50 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Where?? Link please?

#51 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Bottom of the forums, in the Website Issues sub-forum. Thread titled "Retiring"

#52 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

And why not?

You know very well as a DBZ fan they would never wish for a weakness. If they would show proof. Not that it matters since Pre-Crisis Superman has overcome all his weaknesses to accomplish his goals.

#53 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Well they wished for Goku to be a ssj god and he didnt want to, it's fair to say that with someone that powerful they would. I mean with buu Goku wanted to fuse with Vegeta/ gohan to beat him so I'm sure there is a point where if they have to they will

#54 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

You know very well as a DBZ fan they would never wish for a weakness. If they would show proof. Not that it matters since Pre-Crisis Superman has overcome all his weaknesses to accomplish his goals.

How do you "prove" a question of character personality? Are you Akira Toriyama now? How about explaining why, exactly, people like Frieza, Cell, Buu, Babidi, etc wouldn't look for their opponents' weaknesses?

#55 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Because one was an arrogant ass who thought he was the most powerful entity in the universe, Cell was a narcissistic fuck thanks to Frieza and Vegeta's genes (he apparently never got any of his or Piccolo's brains >.>), Buu... I don't really need to elaborate on him O,o, and Babidi was a little turd that was reliant on Buu and look where that got him =D 

SMURT VILLAINS THEY ARE NOT

#56 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I don't see how any of those are viable reasons for them not to look for weaknesses. It's not rocket science and they're not that thick. o.O Even Buu.

#57 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

I figured that Goku would just know about Superman's weaknesses. You know... with his superior intelligence and all :unsure:

#58 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Supes's lack of high amounts of ki leads them to brush him off as nothing and not worth the time bothering.

#59 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

They did look for the weaknesses and one gero made the androids based on his data of the z fighters, make energy absorbers, make them with their abilities, tried to clone them, etc.

The real reason they didn't is because : it's a kids cartoon and also that it's a cartoon meant originally to be taken as a comedic/martial arts show, which popularity made the creator add all the other stuff. The difference is that they are not comics, like DC and Marvel are which means to one is being re-written or suddenly can add new powers like Superman did.
They train and become more powerful as you would if you trained (minus the flying, energy etc)

#60 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Why don't we start our own version of this like a blog or something that doesn't require much except that we can go on there and do some debates or threads etc??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users