8 replies to this topic

#1 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Superman burned through the superstructure underground, finally arriving at the source of the radiation he had sensed. Looking around at his surroundings, he saw that he was in the heart of the pyramid, a spherical device at the center of the room. This must be the bomb. But where's the Joker?

Activating his x-ray vision, Superman peered around the eerie base, examining the bomb and trying to formulate a way to disarm it. "Trying to figure it out, are you?" Turning around sharply Superman saw a horrific sight. The Joker sat in a harness that looked like a gruesome cross between an electric chair and the hook-up devices in The Matrix.

Joker was grinning sadistically as he directed the actions of his makeshift war machine, synched to it's actions by a series of plugs attached to his head. And to add to his surreal appearance a camera was propped in front of his grinning face. "Don't bother, boyscout. By the time you figure out how the bomb works, it'll blow. If you try to disconnect it, we both go up. If you attack me, I'll trigger it."

Knowing that he couldn't trust anything Joker said, Superman continued to form a plan. If he is telling the truth, I have to find a way to stop the trigger. I can't disconnect it right away, and I can't wait.

"Set 'Chuckles' to automatic pilot."

Hearing motion behind him, he turned and jumped at the sight of Joker leaping towards him. The plugs had been disconnected and he was carried by a thin exoskeleton to heighten his speed and strength was carrying two knives made out of...

"Kryptonite.

"How many lives has this man, this monster ruined? If I don't stop him now, everything we've fought for will mean nothing. I can't stop now.  But how many more have to die before this ends? Well, I know the answer, but I don't like it.

Just. One. More."

TERMINATOR: JUSTICE

Her ears ringing, Black Canary ran for cover from another volley of plasma from the massive abomination piloted by the Joker. With haste, she tried to stop the bleeding on Green Arrow's leg. He had barely dodged the detonation of a T-X, but the plasma discharge from it's destruction had crippled him. Looking around at the battlefield, she saw that their forces were scattering.

Poison Ivy had immobilized the machine by tying it to the ground with massive thorns, but it had quickly incinerated her. She had died shielding a squadron of solders from the blast. Whether Superman stopped the Joker's nuke or not didn't seem to matter at this point.

Steel was attempting to cripple the left arm that kept firing explosives at his allies, but he was having little success. The clown's face had disappeared from the monitor so that meant that Superman was doing his job. Now they had to do theirs. "DIANA! GET THE OTHERS OUT OF THE WAY, I'M GONNA TRY TO BLOW THESE BOMBS EARLY!" As if in response, the robot right arm came down to swat him off. Dodging to the right, Steel swung his hammer in an attempt to knock on of the bombs out of the arm. One fell out, and exploded; seven feet from him.

Starfire saw the explosion from where she was, melting down the last of the Skynet ground forces. It didn't take a second glance to know what had happened to Steel. Fighting back a yell of anguish, she turned to see Raven walking up to the massive robot. "Raven! Come back!" The robot had raised it's arms to fire all of it's weapons, and if they didn't move none of them would make it far. "Raven!"

The empath turned slightly for a moment, to glance back at her old friend. "Cyborg is wounded, but he can still function. Help him fly back to the base with our troops." She then turned back to the monster, facing upwards without blinking. "I will hold this machine off." Starfire tried to protest but Raven interrupted her. "GO." A hint of her demonic power vibrated through her voice. Starfire began to move towards her but she was sent flying back.

Batman saw the last of the heroes and soldiers abandon the battlefield, but somehow he felt it wouldn't make much of a difference. "Kory? How's everything coming?" No response from his communicator. "Kory?" Looking out towards the Joker's massive robot, he squinted as he saw a bright flash. As the light cleared, he saw an orb of incandescent energy surrounding it. As he tried to get a better view he saw Starfire flying towards him. "What's wrong?"

Tears were flowing down from her glowing green eyes. "We have to go." Looking back, his heart started to sink. "Where's Raven? Where's... Where's Tim?!"

Raven and Red Robin stood in front of the robot, strangely emotionless. "Have you analyzed it's weak points, Tim?" The former sidekick to Batman pointed to a panel on the left side of the machine's plasma reactor. "Yeah. I guess all that's left is... Do you think there was any other way?"

The half-demon sighed. "The blast will kill everyone if we don't contain it. Rather I die than see my only friends burn." Tim smiled grimly. "Then... this is it."

As the monster raised it's damaged arm to crush them, Raven closed her eyes and raised her hands. "I'm coming, Gar."

The explosion blew a gust of hot wind into everyone's faces. Bruce looked at the aftermath of the blast, an orb of energy dissipating over an area of scorched earth. "Tim..." Damian tore his mask off, looking at the scene with his naked eye instead of through his mask's lenses. The Joker's weapon lay in pieces, smoldering. And it had taken Rachel and Tim with it. "No... No. Tim, you st-stupid... son of a..."

Bruce took his son and hugged him before he broke down completely. Fighting back tears of his own, he saw the other heroes staring in shock and sorrow. Kori'andr and Dick were crying into each other's shoulders; they were now the last of the Titans. Bruce cleared his throat. "Alright, what are you standing around for? We have to go." Diana looked at him with a look of resignation on her face. "Bruce... It's over. Joker will surely detonate the bomb now."

Nearby, John Connor approached. "Are you sure about that?" The heroes turned to where he was pointing and saw Superman flying up into the sky, carrying the bomb. And Joker was with him.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Joker had his remaining dagger dug into the Kryptonian's hand, but Superman only used that as leverage to carry Joker into the sky with him.

"Maybe. Even if this bomb goes off, even if it kills us all, you won't be there to see it. For years we all fought you, we thought we could keep you locked up. We thought we could stop you. But now... Now it's time for it to end. You made the mistake of bluffing, and you forgot who you are talking to. Your heart skipped one beat when you said the bomb would go off if I disconnected it. You always were a compulsive liar."

Joker grinned. "So? You'll die too. From the bomb, or from..." He immediately loosened the kryptonite dagger and grabbed Superman by the neck with his free hand. As he brought the knife down Superman blasted his hand with heat vision, halting it before it slashed his throat. "Yeah. I suppose I will." And with that, he threw the bomb further into the atmosphere, and grappled with Joker as the sky burned.

(And it all comes down to this. It was hard choosing who lived and who died. Ivy, Raven, Red Robin, Steel, I salute you all. Now for the climax. This what will decide how my saga ends. The ending I described in the forums, or the end of the world for real? Could Superman get the bomb far away enough into the sky to save everyone? Can he survive the explosion?)

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Learn More About
Superman
Read more about Superman at Wikipedia
Official Site: Detective Comics Links: Superman's Wiki Profile DC Database Project: Superman DC's Superman Site

The Joker
Read more about The Joker at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia: The Joker DC Database: The Joker DCcomics.com: The Joker (PDF file)

#3 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yes, one little throw and that bombs goes to pluto in a sec

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Awesome story arc and good ending. I enjoyed it plenty and I'm glad you finished it on here. Superman saves the day and the heroes win the war.

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Superman is weakened enough by the kryptonite that I don't think he'll be able to do this easily. I do think he saves the world (he is Superman, after all) but I don't know if he can survive. Between the power of the bomb and the green k induced weakness he could easily die.

My guess is that the other heroes will see the flash in the sky, too far to hurt the earth but still awesome. They will not see Superman again after the blast and many will say that he died. Others will say that he did not die, that his weakened body fell into a death-like trance, as happened once before. A legend will grow up that this great hero will rise again when the world needs him most.

And perhaps it will be true.

#6 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

It's only a kryptonite dagger though and depending on what power level Superman is at it won't do much as far as weakening him severely. Unlike a kryptonite bullet which is inside of Superman's body killing him.  A wound from a kryptonite dagger will heal.  Excellent point you do make but it depends on how powerful Superman is here too regarding the bomb as well. 

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Another good set-up as you near the end of this arc, Supes.

If I had to guess, the bomb might be powerful enough to wipe out all remaining life on the planet, and may therefore even be strong enough to kill Supes (this, of course, depends on which version of Superman is used in this arc). Also, we can't be sure Clark tossed the bomb far enough out of range to save the Earth and himself with the enhanced Joker fighting him with green K. 

Has Supes saved the world and himself? Again, it may depend on which version of Supes is used here.

#8 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Another good set-up as you near the end of this arc, Supes.

If I had to guess, the bomb might be powerful enough to wipe out all remaining life on the planet, and may therefore even be strong enough to kill Supes (this, of course, depends on which version of Superman is used in this arc). Also, we can't be sure Clark tossed the bomb far enough out of range to save the Earth and himself with the enhanced Joker fighting him with green K. 

Has Supes saved the world and himself? Again, it may depend on which version of Supes is used here.

:blink: Oh no, it's not THAT powerful. It's a hydrogen bomb.

#9 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

One of those puny things? I dunno why villains even bother with those.

<_<

#10 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of [A] - Appears to be a bit of a mismatch, but still, this is a great set-up.
bigballerju gives it a grade of [A] -
Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of [A] - Excellent ending to a great arc!
SCORE
Superman: 14
The Joker: 3
FPA: 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users