58 replies to this topic

#41 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

If there are multiple Thani lol why havent they met? I mean he does have an interdimension machine I am sure. i.e. AoA is not 616, but it effects 616

#42 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

I reread the your right about the watchers not being in that universe but the phoenix was there and saved gallan and took gallan to meet that universe's eternity where he combined with gallen to create galactus or at least that's what it says on the marvel website.

but how do we know that the watchers in the other universes didn't originate from the 616 universe most other characters  don't know about there selves from alternate universes has there ever been an alternate universe uatu.

Yes, there are several alternate universe Uatus

If there are multiple Thani lol why havent they met? I mean he does have an interdimension machine I am sure. i.e. AoA is not 616, but it effects 616

Because the writers haven't written any stories involving that.

As for an in-universe explanation.  I would guess that either it never actually occurred to him, or he doesn't want to share.

Some of the Thani from other universes aren't even of the same race as the 616 version(Ultimate Thanos, for example, has very little in common with the 616 version, other than the name).

#43 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

That would he cool is Galactus was multi-universal, he would have way more planets to eat lol

#44 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Yes, there are several alternate universe Uatus

well that certainly damages my theory now doesn't it.

but I still think watchers have better feats as for altering time and space and the celestials doesn't even have that in there powers.

the only thing that points to that is it said franklin was equal to a celestial but they tried to kill him as a child and couldn't that would kind of point to him being more powerful and as an adult he showed to be able hang with 3 or 4 celestials on his own for a couple of pages which would also be against him only being as powerful as one of them.

Because the writers haven't written any stories involving that.

As for an in-universe explanation.  I would guess that either it never actually occurred to him, or he doesn't want to share.

Some of the Thani from other universes aren't even of the same race as the 616 version(Ultimate Thanos, for example, has very little in common with the 616 version, other than the name).

or maybe he killed them all less likely but a possibility.

#45 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

snip

Here's some contradictory data for you.

Most of which is outdated and contradicted by newer material, which makes basically your entire post a waste of time.

#46 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

I was always under the impression that a fully fed Galactus (616's - he's kinda more powerful than a lot of the other alt-versions from my understanding) became multiversal.

#47 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

I was always under the impression that a fully fed Galactus (616's - he's kinda more powerful than a lot of the other alt-versions from my understanding) became multiversal.

Only in the same way that people like Mad Jim Jaspers, are multiversal.

I.e. powerful enough to affect things on a multiversal level.

I have a few theories about Galactus though.  I'm fairly sure that he is more powerful than most people seem to think.

#48 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'd love to hear those theories - I'm a fan of Galactus and open to more exploration into him

#49 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, his character is very interesting. The cosmic beings lives are so awesome, they over shadow all of Marvel's earth stories. Meaning that everything rhat happens on marvel Earth is usually miniscual conpared to theirs.

#50 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'd love to hear those theories - I'm a fan of Galactus and open to more exploration into him

Well, back in the Big Crunch of the old universe. Galan was merged with that universe's equivalent of Eternity, and that merged entity, is what we know as Galactus.

Now, that power level(the old-universe equivalent of Eternity) is Galactus' base level of power.

On top of that, he feeds on planets due to his constant hunger, which means that the level of energy he contains, is always increasing.

We have seen more than once, that Galactus' purpose, the reason that he feeds on planets, is that at the end of the 616 universe, he will release all the energy he contains, which will create a new Big Bang, creating the next universe.

So...  Galactus' hunger, is not because he grows low on energy.  His "starving" level, is not particularly weaker, in terms of his internal energy level, than otherwise.  The only reason he is weaker when he is "starving", is just that, the feeling of being "starved".   Imagine if no matter how much you eat, you feel just as hungry again, after just a few minutes or hours, regardless of the fact that your body and brain actually has plenty of nutrition to work with.

Galactus would not, at the end of the universe, be able to create a new Big Bang, if his energy level is continuously dropping.  The only way that can happen, is if he still contains all of the energy he has ever "eaten".

Add to that, the fact that the Ultimate Nullifier, is actually a part of Galactus.   Suffice to say, Galactus is absurdly powerful.  He is only limited, due to his role in the universe, and the rules and restrictions that comes with that role.

#51 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

So you're saying all the times that a starving Galactus was beaten by Earth level heroes, he was actually no less powerful than any other time, he just psychologically felt hungry?

#52 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

thanos_copter.jpg

#53 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

So you're saying all the times that a starving Galactus was beaten by Earth level heroes, he was actually no less powerful than any other time, he just psychologically felt hungry?

Pretty much.

A psychosomatic effect can be just as real, to the person experiencing it, as a real effect(if that makes sense).

Not to mention the fact that he is usually not beaten through outright overpowering him.  He is usually beaten by somehow messing up his immediate plan(such as destroying the relay stations used to transform resources into the energy he consumes, or Richards getting a hold of the Ultimate Nullifier).

#54 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

I agree, i think he is just as powerful, but his role in the universe works like this: when he is weak he is meant to destroy to build the energy to be able to create the new universe.
So that would explain why his energy blasts were weaker than his usual ones, for the reason being that he cannot spend too much energy and must always be store it.

#55 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Dat theory has my stamp of approval - I've always thought he never decreased in power, just always slowly growing. It's a major part of why I always thought he was the most powerful of the Big Three; this, the ultimate nullifier, and more. :)

#56 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Pretty much.

A psychosomatic effect can be just as real, to the person experiencing it, as a real effect(if that makes sense).

Not to mention the fact that he is usually not beaten through outright overpowering him.  He is usually beaten by somehow messing up his immediate plan(such as destroying the relay stations used to transform resources into the energy he consumes, or Richards getting a hold of the Ultimate Nullifier).

Yeah, I don't buy that. A dude that's hungry is still going to be able to *uncreative* someone who's far below his power level. Plus, in a combat situation, assuming Galactus' psychology is somewhat humanlike, hunger (the pure psychological effect and not the physical ailments that come with hunger) doesn't play a role because of the adrenaline rush. People like Thanos and Thor still shouldn't have a tangible physical impact on Galactus if that was the case. It makes much more sense to say that Galactus is actually physically weakened when he doesn't eat.

#57 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hulk_04_SecondPrinting.jpg

#58 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

Dat theory has my stamp of approval - I've always thought he never decreased in power, just always slowly growing. It's a major part of why I always thought he was the most powerful of the Big Three; this, the ultimate nullifier, and more. :)

I wouldn't say he's the most powerful of the Big Three.

The entity that he got the vast majority of his power from, i.e. the equivalent of Eternity, was not nearly at the level of power as Eternity is in current 616 Marvel.

Eternity is the embodiment of the universe.  And around the time of the Big Crunch(when the equivalent from the previous universe merged with Galan), there wasn't really much universe left.  Hence, that entity being much weaker than Eternity as we know him.

Yeah, I don't buy that. A dude that's hungry is still going to be able to curbstomp someone who's far below his power level. Plus, in a combat situation, assuming Galactus' psychology is somewhat humanlike, hunger (the pure psychological effect and not the physical ailments that come with hunger) doesn't play a role because of the adrenaline rush. People like Thanos and Thor still shouldn't have a tangible physical impact on Galactus if that was the case. It makes much more sense to say that Galactus is actually physically weakened when he doesn't eat.

You're forgetting the rules and restrictions that are placed on him, by his role as a Cosmic Entity.

People are also more than capable of causing damage/injury/pain to beings that are far above their own level of power.

The various showings, where Galactus has actually "flexed" his proverbial muscles, also supports the theory.

Such as a "starving" Galactus sending out a shockwave that destroyed several solar systems.

Teleporting an entire galaxy.

Recreating an entire solar system(including all the lifeforms that lived in that solar system).

His heralds.

etc.

Plus, the idea that he somehow loses the energy that he "consumes", directly contradicts the directly stated end-purpose of Galactus.  Namely, releasing all of his energy, thereby creating a new Big Bang.

Edit: My theory on his "hunger", is that he needs to contain a certain amount of energy, in order to be alive at all. And by the very nature of who and what he is, that needed amount of energy, is constantly rising.

#59 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thats also a good take of Galactus. It makes sense as well. Another theory I read was that Galactus has to meet an x amount of enegry by a certain date(meaning the lifespan of the universe) and he must feed often due to his very nature. Its like a pre determined obligation that he is bound to. The times between "meals" have increased due to the universe aging.

#60 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Match Final Results
Celestials: 9
Uatu The Watcher: 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users