Photo

Rumble 14601 Celestials vs. Uatu The Watcher

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I didn't read the issue but one of the entries I found for him talks about him rebelling. Apparantly attacked Arishem and it took the fourth host ganging up on him to imprison him.

#22 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Uh wow Stark just keeps getting stronker and stronker O,o

#23 Jeremi

Jeremi

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Uh wow Stark just keeps getting stronker and stronker O,o

Keep in mind that he couldn't actually use it and has been trying to get rid of said armor so it can't be used, but yeah super armor.

#24 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Oh cool.

Still, the fact he can create these obscenely powerful armors remains though and considering the rate... >.>

#25 Jeremi

Jeremi

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Oh cool.

Still, the fact he can create these obscenely powerful armors remains though and considering the rate... >.>

Keep in mind that Stark wasn't the one who created it either, though right now I don't recall who did create it, but it was created for the purpose to kill Celestials.

Godkiller_Armor_001.jpg

Context is magic.

#26 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

question; I agree with your statement about Scathan, but how does Tiamut rank as the most powerful Celestial? all I can remember him doing was bringing Thena's son back to life. stopping the Horde was the work of the Fulcrum.

It took the entire Second Host to subdue him.  And even after doing that, they couldn't kill him.

I didn't read the issue but one of the entries I found for him talks about him rebelling. Apparantly attacked Arishem and it took the fourth host ganging up on him to imprison him.

It was the Second Host.

#27 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

I have never seen a celestial create a pocket universe or put one in there chest and hold it there until it grew into a full universe.

and watchers can only die if they lose the will to live and if they change there minds they can resurrect when ever they want and when a watcher the size of uatu  survived the destruction of his universe watchers get much bigger and the bigger they get the more powerful they are uatu is only a middle  aged watcher his powers I will grow as he gets older.

but both are multiversial  races they and are older than the 616 universe same with the phoenix force.

#28 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

They arent older, but one of the first to inhabit it. Only thing older than the universe is Galactus right?

#29 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

They arent older, but one of the first to inhabit it. Only thing older than the universe is Galactus right?

no the watchers and the phoenix helped  galactus survive if I remember right.

#30 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

I have never seen a celestial create a pocket universe or put one in there chest and hold it there until it grew into a full universe.

and watchers can only die if they lose the will to live and if they change there minds they can resurrect when ever they want and when a watcher the size of uatu  survived the destruction of his universe watchers get much bigger and the bigger they get the more powerful they are uatu is only a middle  aged watcher his powers I will grow as he gets older.

but both are multiversial  races they and are older than the 616 universe same with the phoenix force.

Franklin Richards created a pocket universe.  And he is equal(in terms of power) to a Celestial.

And no, the Watchers are not multiversal. Each different reality has its own version of the Watchers.

There's some discussion about whether the Celestials are (as a race)Multiversal or not, since different universes all have Celestials, but not the same Celestials.  But considering that the Celestials doesn't come from the 616 universe, it makes sense.

And no, the Watchers are not older than the 616 universe.  It's debatable whether the Celestials are or not.

no the watchers and the phoenix helped  galactus survive if I remember right.

You don't.

One of the early Watchers witnessed the Cosmic Egg in which Galactus came, and didn't do anything about it.  I guess you can call that "helping him survive", but I wouldn't call it that.

The Watchers are the oldest known species in the universe.

#31 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Given that Galactus comes from and is the last remnant of the old universe (along with the Essence of the Universe) he should be older even if he(Galactus) was in an incubator coming to this [current] universe. Being the first doesnt make them the oldest by definition., right?

#32 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

Franklin Richards created a pocket universe.  And he is equal(in terms of power) to a Celestial.

And no, the Watchers are not multiversal. Each different reality has its own version of the Watchers.

There's some discussion about whether the Celestials are (as a race)Multiversal or not, since different universes all have Celestials, but not the same Celestials.  But considering that the Celestials doesn't come from the 616 universe, it makes sense.

And no, the Watchers are not older than the 616 universe.  It's debatable whether the Celestials are or not.

You don't.

One of the early Watchers witnessed the Cosmic Egg in which Galactus came, and didn't do anything about it.  I guess you can call that "helping him survive", but I wouldn't call it that.

The Watchers are the oldest known species in the universe.

but that was during the big crunch which was what destroyed the last universe.

and watchers know of the other watchers which is why when sue asked what was happening during the watcher celestial war uatu said that the celestials have passed judgment and want to exterminate us from this particular universe.

#33 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

That sounds interesting, where can i read about that or do you know the issue. I always wanted to know more about the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe, from The In-Betweener, Master Chaos and Order, to Eternity, Infinity and including The Watchers and Celeatials.

#34 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

That sounds interesting, where can i read ablut hat or do you know the issue. I always wanted to know more ablut the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe, from The In-Betweener, Master Chaos and Order, to Eternity, Infinity and including The Watchers and Celeatials.

I got my knowledge of the origin of galactus from the marvel website I got my knowledge of the watchers from my fantastic 4 comics and a respect thread.

#35 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thanka man, I will check that out. I had the marvel encyclopedia which should have that or some references

#36 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Given that Galactus comes from and is the last remnant of the old universe (along with the Essence of the Universe) he should be older even if he(Galactus) was in an incubator coming to this [current] universe. Being the first doesnt make them the oldest by definition., right?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

I would try to interpret, but frankly, you're not really making a lot of sense with that comment.

but that was during the big crunch which was what destroyed the last universe.

and watchers know of the other watchers which is why when sue asked what was happening during the watcher celestial war uatu said that the celestials have passed judgment and want to exterminate us from this particular universe.

No, the early Watcher witnessing Galactus in the Cosmic Egg, was after the Big Bang.

The very last thing, that happened in the old universe, was Galan flying his space ship into the core of the point of the Big Crunch.

Ecce(the watcher) didn't see Galactus' cocoon until some time after the Big Bang(we're talking several thousands, if not millions, of years).

And I know that the Watchers are aware of their counter-parts in other realities.  But that doesn't make them multiversal.

#37 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Simply meant to say that since Galactus was from the old universe, he is by definition the oldest being in the Marvel Universe.
Also I know that the Watchers saw galactus much later, in the incubator, but they were probably the first beings to rise from the new universe.

#38 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Also how is Galactus not multi-universal? Was he the last of only one universe, i.e. 616 universe?
So there are multiple Eternity's and multiple Thanos's, and Odin's?

#39 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Simply meant to say that since Galactus was from the old universe, he is by definition the oldest being in the Marvel Universe.
Also I know that the Watchers saw galactus much later, in the incubator, but they were probably the first beings to rise from the new universe.

Aha.  Well, that's true.

Also how is Galactus not multi-universal? Was he the last of only one universe, i.e. 616 universe?
So there are multiple Eternity's and multiple Thanos's, and Odin's?

There is a Galactus in every universe.

And there are multiple Eternity's, yes.  But there is also a Multiversal Eternity.

And yes, there are multiple Thanos'(thani?) and Odins.

#40 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

I would try to interpret, but frankly, you're not really making a lot of sense with that comment.

No, the early Watcher witnessing Galactus in the Cosmic Egg, was after the Big Bang.

The very last thing, that happened in the old universe, was Galan flying his space ship into the core of the point of the Big Crunch.

Ecce(the watcher) didn't see Galactus' cocoon until some time after the Big Bang(we're talking several thousands, if not millions, of years).

And I know that the Watchers are aware of their counter-parts in other realities.  But that doesn't make them multiversal.

I reread the your right about the watchers not being in that universe but the phoenix was there and saved gallan and took gallan to meet that universe's eternity where he combined with gallen to create galactus or at least that's what it says on the marvel website.

but how do we know that the watchers in the other universes didn't originate from the 616 universe most other characters  don't know about there selves from alternate universes has there ever been an alternate universe uatu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users