58 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

While the tournament continued with Iceman battling Martian Manhunter, the Watcher and the Celestial stood nearby viewing the fight. They had placed their bets and had a last minute dispute on the terms of the wager. Since this tournament was beyond their universe they could not die and if killed would be sent back to Marvel Universe without any knowledge of these events. Knowing that, The Celestial attacked The Watcher without hesitation and the two started their own fight. This universe allowed them to unlock their highest known (canon) potential.

Who will be killed??

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

Learn More About
Celestials
Read more about Celestials at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Celestials Marveldatabase.com: Celestials Marvel.com: Celestials

Uatu The Watcher
Read more about Uatu The Watcher at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Marvel Directory Marvel

#3 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

All of the Celestials? 

#4 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

uatu will kill almost any celestial the  watchers are older and more powerful they are just very passive where the celestials aren't if the watcher defends himself he will kill the celestial.

#5 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

No just one, lets say the most powerful Celestial to make it fair.

#6 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

No just one, lets say the most powerful Celestial to make it fair.

uatu can stalemate the one above all and he isn't the most powerful watcher.

#7 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

And The One Above All isn't the most powerful Celestial.

#8 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sirmethos is it the Exterminator?

#9 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sirmethos is it the Exterminator?

No, it's Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial(though some people would argue it's scathan, but I haven't seen anything that definitively shows he is anymore powerful than any other standard celestial).

#10 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

This isn't my knowledge, but it was claimed on Comicvine that Scathan defeated a being that had copied The living Tribunal's power?

#11 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

This isn't my knowledge, but it was claimed on Comicvine that Scathan defeated a being that had copied The living Tribunal's power?

Yea, not so much.

Essentially, The Living Tribunal was in a stalemate with that being. And Scathan was called in to lay judgement on the matter.  I.e. His voice, his vote, was the deciding factor that tilted the stalemate.

Scathan never actually demonstrated even basic Celestial level powers.  He just passed judgement.   And based on that, some people have gotten the moronic idea that he is more powerful than The Living Tribunal, nevermind the rest of the Celestials.

#12 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Yea, not so much.

Essentially, The Living Tribunal was in a stalemate with that being. And Scathan was called in to lay judgement on the matter.  I.e. His voice, his vote, was the deciding factor that tilted the stalemate.

Scathan never actually demonstrated even basic Celestial level powers.  He just passed judgement.   And based on that, some people have gotten the moronic idea that he is more powerful than The Living Tribunal, nevermind the rest of the Celestials.

Thanks for clearing that up.

#13 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

I havent seen anything that shows The watchers are more or less powerful than the celestials. I consider them on even ground

#14 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

I havent seen anything that shows The watchers are more or less powerful than the celestials. I consider them on even ground

In order to kill the leader of the Watchers(The One), Exitar(the exterminator) spent several thousand years gathering energy, before he was able to actually do it.

Just as a fact to consider.

#15 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

Here's some contradictory data for you.

Odin once declared that, in all the cosmos, only Galactus was his equal in power. (It was a loooong time ago in The Mighty Thor.)

The Watcher once made the same claim (Galactus' first appearance in the Fantastic Four.)

Taken together, these statements suggest that (at least in the Lee-Kirby days) these three were more-or-less on a par. (I gather that has been reevaluated in more recent yours.)

There is a What If? issue in which Uatu takes on Galactus to save the earth and is killed. While not canon, this seems consistent with the idea that Galactus and a Watcher are roughly on a par with each other in terms of raw power.

Odin, plus the combined power of earth's pantheons, animating the Destroyer armor and wielding the Odinsword failed to do any real damage to Arishem the Celestial and was soundly defeated. The implication is that the Celestials are vastly more powerful than an Odin level being.

The Beyonder (Jim Shooter's ultimate Mary Sue character) stomped Dr. Doom when Doom had stolen Galactus' power in the Secret Wars. He demonstrated an overwhelming superiority to Galactus as well. In Secret Wars II he trounced a group of Celestials, but this has been retconned and he is now listed as inferior to the Celestials. 

Of course, in the FF, Galactus devoured the Dreaming Celestial. Of that was after the Celestial had transformed Galactus into a universe devouring... something so it doesn't reflect Galactus' usual power.

Watchers have been hurt by beings who would have no chance of hurting a Celestial. IIRC, Mar-Vell, Quasar and Red Hulk have all managed it. (I suspect that all of these could be classified as PIS.)

In sum, I have no clue who wins this fight. The presentation of both the power of the Watchers and the power of the Celestials (not to mention that of Galactus and other cosmic entities) is often inconsistent. My guess is that the winner of this fight depends a lot on who is writing the title it appears in.

#16 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Anyone have any scans? I dont have many issues with them, but have the celestials throwing planets at Thanos in IG, like they were rocks

#17 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

The most recent Silver Surfer vs. Thor miniseries also put Odin and Galactus on relatively even fighting grounds, although Galactus might have been weakened that time.

On a side note, the armor Stark is piloting now, a 4 mile long "Godkiller" armor, is capable of killing literally trillions of Celestials.

#18 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

No, it's Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial(though some people would argue it's scathan, but I haven't seen anything that definitively shows he is anymore powerful than any other standard celestial).

question; I agree with your statement about Scathan, but how does Tiamut rank as the most powerful Celestial? all I can remember him doing was bringing Thena's son back to life. stopping the Horde was the work of the Fulcrum.

#19 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well apparently it took a Universe devouring Galactus to eat him so...

#20 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

If Tony Stark is able to kill a celestial Marvel has lost its marbles and officially have become sell outs. No one on Earth should have better technology than most space beings that sre that ancient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users