Photo
- - - - -

Match 14587 Morbius vs. The Ventriloquist & Scarface

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

This is part of an arc; the last chapter is at Silver Sable and Silvermane vs. Warhawk.

Here is the wrap up for Cheetah vs. Tygrus.

Eddie Brock sat up. His head still rang where Tygrus had struck him. Now he saw Barb--Cheetah, he corrected himself--slashing ferociously at the larger cat-creature.

It didn't look like it should be much of a fight. For all her ferocity, Cheetah couldn't be more than a third the size of the big man-cat, making the fight look like a leopard taking on a male lion. But Cheetah had Tygrus on the ropes from the very first. She was faster, more aggressive, and Tygrus was caught off guard.

Cheetah raked her claws across Tygrus' belly, drawing blood. He shielded his face from her next attack but it cost him in brutal scratches along his forearms. He took a swipe at her but she ducked and pounced. They landed hard with Cheetah on top. Her bared fangs missed his throat and buried them in his shoulder.

With a roar of pain, Tygrus kicked Cheetah away. She landed on her feet and began stalking toward him on all fours. Unsheathing his claws, Tygrus growled and advanced on her.

That's when Eddie jumped on the huge cat-man's back. He threw an arm around Tygrus' throat and clung to him.

"Barb, get out of here!" he yelled.

Then a clawed hand dug into his flesh as Tygrus reached up to pluck him off. The feline creature's strength was irresistible and Eddie found himself flying across the room. He crashed through a lab table shattering the equipment and specimen cases.

"Eddie!" Cheetah yelled. "I'll kill you for that, Tygrus."

"Stupid female! Whjen you are my mate you will learn respect."

Tygrus sprang but Cheetah dodged past him and caught his tail. Using it, she swung him around and slammed him into a wall.

Eddie shook off the impact to see Cheetah crouched over a stunned Tygrus, claws raised for the death blow.

"Stop," a woman's voice said.

The rage drained from Cheetah's face and she rose to face Dominique Destine.

"No more fighting," Dominique said.

"Yes, ma'am," Cheetah said, meekly.

"Tygrus, go and have your father tend to your wounds," Destine said. "Cheetah, have Dr. Sevarius see to yours."

Tygrus rose and the two felids obediently left the lab.

"How did you--" Eddie said.

"Is this your fault?" Dominique demanded, cutting him off. "I know you like her, did you provoke Tygrus."

"I-I didn't," Eddie said. "He just went crazy."

"I don't believe you," she said. "You humans are always…"

She trailed off as her gaze came to rest on a broken glass beaker.

"My symbiote!" she shouted. "Where is it?"

"Symbiote?" Eddie said. "W-we don't know."

"Mr. Luthor," Tsukuri said, holding out the cell.

"Our mysterious caller again?" Luthor asked. When his aide nodded he took the phone.

"This is Luthor."

"Lex," the deep, confident voice said. "I want to thank you for your sorceress's services. The spells she cast have been more than satisfactory."

"I trust this is more than a thank you call," Luthor said.

"It is. I've made Tala an offer for a position in my organization and she's accepted."

"WHAT? Now listen you--"

"Lex, if you lose your temper, you won't get the information I had for you."

"What information?" Luthor said, barely containing his temper.

"About David Xanatos. I was going to give it to you as a compensation for stealing your employee."

"I'm listening."

"Xanatos is to blame for all your recent problems with Tony Stark. At one of your poker games not long ago, he used a set of nanotech playing cards to give you a phenomenal winning streak. Then, he let Stark and Wayne get hold of the cards. The nanotech was coded so that Stakr would suspect you, Wayne would suspect Stark, and so on."

"I see," Luthor said, his tone becoming thoughtful. "And what did Xanatos hope to gain by this?"

"Are you familiar with the old toast, 'confusion to the enemy'? Xanatos wanted the three of you suspicious and angry with each other so that he could profit by your infighting. Besides, he loves to play games with the lives of others."

"But what--" Luthor stopped as the line went dead. He threw the phone at the wall and sat at his desk, brooding for some time.

"Tsukuri," he finally said.

"Yes, Mr. Luthor?"

Get me Tony Stark on the phone. I have an idea that I believe will eliminate two of my problems in one stroke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman entered his cave to see Alfred sitting in a chair, bound and gagged. He drew several batarangs and moved forward, every sense alert.

"That will not be necessary, Detective," a familiar voice said.

Batman paused and a tall man in a green cloak stepped out of the shadows, a second man, Asian and who moved with the deadly grace of a cat flanked him.

"Ra's al Ghul!" Batman said.

"Who else knows your secrets well enough to confront you in your own lair," the immortal master of assassins said. "Do not be alarmed; I do not come as a foe."

"Funny, you should say that, after putting Nightwing in the hospital, abducting Batgirl, threatening Commissioner Gordon's life."

"These are contracts made with my League without my knowledge or permission," Ra's said.

"You want me to believe that you'd give someone in your organization the authority to do that?"

"I would give that to Talia."

Batman's eyes widened in surprise, then narrowed.

"I see you doubt that my daughter would accept a sanction on you," Ra's continued. "She found it necessary to maintain an assignment I had given her. I can assure you; she used only methods she deemed you would survive."

"That's heart-warming," Batman said. "I'm assuming you're leading up to some reason I shouldn't take you out now?"

"Two reasons." Ra's nodded in Alfred's direction.

Batman hadn't caught the noise or movement but there was now a hooded man, all in black wearing a hat and cloak standing behind the butler, holding a wire garrote around his neck.

"The other is that my daughter has been abducted. I assume you still have enough feelings for her to care about that."

Batman's eyes narrowed again.

"Who did it?"

"I do not know, that is why I have come to you, Detective."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you decided yet what you're going to do with me?" Talia asked.

"If Amanda's 'friend' doesn't contact us, I suppose we'll have to let you go," Duncan MacLeod said.

"And hopefully he won't blow my head off," Amanda said, fingering the torc that encircled her neck.

"And if you do hear from him?"

"Don't worry, Talia," Mac said. "I promised that we wouldn't let anything happen to you and I meant it."

"Great," Amanda said.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you, either. Look, I'm going to go to LexCorp. Maybe my contacts there can turn up something on this Owen Burnett."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MacLeod's leaving the apartment," Elektra said into comm. unit. "Do you want me to intercept?"

"Aye," the male voice came back. "I've got Destine isolated and I'm moving in. Do whatever it takes to keep her boyfriend from coming to the rescue."

Electra drew her sai.

"Understood."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacDuff switched off his comm unit and watched the sleek limo moving along the country road outside Metropolis. He maneuvered his sky-sled to stay in the vehicle's blind spot and drew his blaster. His ancient enemy was alone in the car--not counting Luthor's chauffeur, that was--he could finally end both their lives without any interference.

"My God," Michael Morbius said. "This man is delusional… isn't he?"

Morbius were staring at images on Hugo Strange's mind-probe machine. The pictures were nightmarish images of monsters and horrible experiments performed on humans in a secret lab.

"I wish," Elisa said. "I don't recognize all of the faces, but those two are very familiar."

She pointed at a tall man and a striking red-haired woman as their image flickered past.

"Who are they?"

"Anton Sevarius and Dominique Destine!" Elisa said.

"Sevarius?" Morbius asked. "The geneticist?"

"More like 'mad scientist'," Elisa replied. "He turned my brother into a freak. And the woman he works for is a bigger monster than he is. According to Strange's memories, the two of them have a research compound outside Metropolis where they're performing these experiments."

Another image flashed across the screen, a red-haired female gargoyle.

"That's the creature!" Morbius exclaimed. "She's the one who abducted Dr. Langstrom and caused the accident that made me a living vampire!"

"Demona!" Elisa said. "A lot of things are starting to make sense."

"Is that so, Nancy Drew?" a voice said from the office door. Elisa and Morbius turned to see a bizarre sight. A scrawny, timid looking man stood there, flanked by two rough looking gangsters. He held a ventriloquist's dummy in his arms. The thing was also dressed as a gangster and holding an under-sized Tommy-gun.

"The Destine broad is a friend of my new boss," the puppet said. "When she said somethin' was up at Doc Strange's place we hadda come all the way from the Big Apple to check it out. An whadda we find but a couple of wanna-be shamuses puttin' their noses where they don't belong."

"I r-remember the woman, Scarface," the little man said. "Sh-she was in Arkham with me."

"Shaddup, Dummy!" the dummy said. "Much as a hate to croak a nice-lookin' tomato, it's curtains for you, sister, and your pasty-faced friend too. Mugsy, Rhino, ice 'em!"

Scarface and Ventriloquist are the versions seen on Batman, TAS. Scarface has his tommy-gun.

Venttie.jpg

Morbius is the standard Marvel Comics version

250px-Weaponof_morbius.jpg

Mugsy and Rhino are present and will help Scarface. Each of them is carrying a pistol. They are the versions seen in Batman, TAS.

tumblr_m2vh73wcdl1ruuqkro1_500.jpg

Elisa Maza will back up Morbius. She is carrying a pistol

250px-ElisasGun.png

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Learn More About
Morbius
Read more about Morbius at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Morbius Wiki Page Marvel data base page Official Marvel page

The Ventriloquist & Scarface
Read more about The Ventriloquist & Scarface at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia D.C Database Project DCUguide

#3 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Keeping it going until you can't do anymore huh?

Good!

I'll vote for Morbius. I figure a vampire-ish dude can take care of Scarface and his goons. Especially with some help.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Great set-up as usual, Dinsdale. Very interesting developments here, especially with Ra's officially getting in the mix and Thailog making his move. 

As for the match, Morbius and Elisa can take this group down if they're smart. TAS's Rhino seems almost as tough as Bane, and just may be as strong as Morbius, if not a little stronger. Morbius, though, definitely has the mobility and smarts edge. Meanwhile, Mugsy is no real threat to Elisa, but Scarface just might start spraying the place with his little Tommy gun if things get hairy. 

In the end, I see Morbius eventually taking Rhino down, then assisting Elisa with the others if need be. As always, though, he'll have to keep his literal bloodlust in check.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of [A] - Great match and nice developments here!
leroypowell3 gives it a grade of [A] -
SCORE
Morbius: 13
The Ventriloquist & Scarface: 4
FPA: 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users