Photo
- - - - -

Match 14583 The Question vs. Mysterio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

This is part of an arc. The last chapter is at Cheetah vs. Tygrus.

This is the wrap up for Christopher Chance vs. Ubu.

Disguised as the Bronze Tiger, Christopher Chance has infiltrated the League of Assassins. He was trying to glean what the League was up to. Unfortunately, something has happened to shatter his cover. Steel Serpent resented being replaced on his assignment and demanded a trial by combat. Ra's al Ghul allowed this and pit him against Midnight and Shen Kuei, who proved to be too much for even this deadly warrior. When the Tiger lost, Ra's ordered his execution. Chance couldn't allow this and knocked Merlyn, Ra's executioner, unconscious. Now, Chase has to escape the League's Metropolis base.

********************************************************************************

Chance was holding the arrow to Ra's al Ghul's throat when a massive hand closed around his wrist. Ra's slipped away and Ubu tightened his grip until the arrow fell from Chance's hand.

"I shall crush you, dog" Ubu said.

"Not today, meathead," Chance said. He ducked beneath Ubu's arm, twisting the giant's arm behind him as he did. He struggled to hold it but Ubu, by sheer brute strength, started to power out of the hammerlock.

Chance let him go and backed up. Below, he could hear footsteps on the stairs. That would be Ra's men, including Midnight and Shen Kuei. He knew he'd never escape once they'd reach him.

Ubu swung a powerful blow. Ducking beneath it, Chance drove a right cross into the giant's belly. Ubu grunted and Chase followed with an uppercut that rocked him and Ubu went to his knees. Chance sprang to the balcony railing. It was a long drop and there was the chance of breaking a leg, but it was a chance he had to take.

But Ubu wasn't finished. A huge arm encircled Chance's neck and he was lifted from his feet. He tried to elbow and kick his way free but with his feet dangling in mid-air couldn't generate enough power. As his vision began to go black, he put both feet on the balcony rail and thrust back. The move forced Ubu back a step and threw him off balance. It didn't break the chokehold, but it got Chance's feet back on the ground. Grasping the choking arm, chance did a sacrifice throw that sent him and his assailant over the railing and to the gym floor thirty feet below. They hit hard with Ubu on the bottom.

Chance rose shakily to his feet; Ubu wasn't moving. He couldn't tell if the giant was dead or alive, but there was no time to check. He staggered toward the exit with as much speed as he could manage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shen Kuei and Midnight came out onto the balcony. As one they moved to the rail, ready to pursue.

"Stop!" Ra's al Ghul said.

"Master?" Midnight asked.

"Send four men to pursue the Tiger," Ra's said. "I have been delayed too long. I am going to see the detective and the two of you will accompany me.

Steel Serpent staggered into an alley. His fight with Midnight and Shen Kuei had left him badly battered and unsteady on his feet. He heard a noise and looked up to see two of Ra's al Ghul's ninja blocking the end of the narrow passage. A quick glance back confirmed that two more blocked the entrance.

"Does the Master have so little respect for me that he sends such dogs?" he asked.

"Die, infidel!" the lead ninja said. Drawing weapons, the four converged on the Steel Serpent.

Ninety seconds later the warrior from K'un Lun emerged from the alley, leaving four lifeless corpses behind him. He had escaped pursuit, for now, but he felt much too conspicuous in his fighting garb. He prowled the streets until he saw a man about his size. A quick nerve pinch and the man fell unconscious. Davos left him alive but took his clothing and cell phone.

There was only one more matter to deal with. Bronze Tiger had saved his life and that gave him a debt of honor to repay. No doubt the Tiger was already dead, and Davos had more immediate business to deal with, but he could do something to inconvenience his former master in the meantime. Taking the man's cell, he dialed a number.

"SCU, Captain Sawyer's office," a female voice replied.

"I must speak to the Captain," Davos said. "I have information she will want, about the League of Assassins."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do I need all these goons for?" Sabretooth said, gesturing at the gand of black-clad security men.

"I'm certain you can take care of any opposition yourself," Dominique Destine replied, "but you can hardly carry back several dozen homeless people by yourself. You deal with any guardians the people in this underground world may have and my men will tranquilize and abduct all the test subjects I need."

"Sure," Creed said. "Whatever."

He turned to the men.

"What are you standin' around for? Manhattan's a two hour drive. Load up and let's roll out!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question looked down on the lifeless body for a moment. His reverie was interrupted by Owen Brnett's voice coming through the PA system.

"Don't be fooled by the body," Burnett said. "It's a fake. The real Chameleon is making his way to the rear entrance."

Question took a last look. If this was a dummy it was amazingly lifelike, but that was to be expected of his foe and his allies. He raced to the rear of the warehouse in time to see Chameleon struggling with the door.

"I took the liberty of locking it," Burnett's calm voice said. "They have a very nice control center here."

Question launched himself and Chameleon turned just in time to see the kick that sent him to unconsciousness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Dr. Sevarius," Thailog said rising from his desk. "And who is this?"

Sevarius grinned and put his arm around the young man's shoulders.

"This is the lad I told you about, sir, the one with the rather remarkable abilities."

"Peter Parker," the youth said, extending a hand. "I'm glad to meet you."

"I'm impressed," Thailog said. "I'd never have guessed he was a clone. You haven't shared this with Demona, of course."

"Of course not, sir," Sevarius said with a grin. "She still thinks I'm working exclusively for her. And I've managed to refine theā€¦ ah, prime directive programming since we cloned the gargoyles."

"I'm glad to hear that," Thailog said, settling back in his chair. "Tell me Peter, what is your greatest goal in life?"

"Obey Thailog," the young man said with a grin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question stepped into the warehouse office that Chameleon has been using for his headquarters. It didn't surprise him to see that Owen Bennett was no longer bound, but was sitting at a bank of monitors working, one-handed, on the keyboard.

"Why did you help me?" Question asked. "Chameleon was your employee."

"A free-lancer, and an unreliable one at that," Owen said.

"You'll regret this, Burnett!" the Chameleon said. "I have a lot of dirt on you and Xanatos."

"I doubt our faceless friend will find that very relevant," Burnett said, pointing to a monitor. On the screen an image of the Creeper could be seen, lashed to a metal grate in a storm drain which was rapidly filling with water.

Dc-Comics-Beware-The-Creeper-5.jpg

"Where is he?" Question demanded.

"Fool!" Chameleon said. "That laughing hyena has harassed me for too long. Why do you think I'd help you save him?"

"That is the question," the Question said, his voice grim.

"That won't be necessary." Owen said. "The opening to the drain is downstairs in his associate's workroom."

The three went downstairs to the Tinkerer's workshop Owen indicated a metal plate in the floor.

"Open it," Question said.

Grudgingly, Chameleon nodded to a lever and Owen threw it. The plate opened, revealing a set of stone stairs led down to the chamber where the bound Creeper could be seen.

"Well, well, a rescue attempt," a voice said.

Looking up the three saw the bizarre form of Mysterio on a windowsill overlooking the workroom.

"Mysterio, kill th--" the Chameleon said. He was cut off as Owen crashed a stone fist into his head and his unconscious body went tumbling down the stairs.

"Fools!" Mysterio shouted. "You shall rue the day you dared to cross the malefic mystical might of Mysterio!"

Question is the version seen in Justice League Unlimited.

Question_jlu8.jpg

Mysterio is the version seen in Spectacular Spider-man. This is his HQ so he's got lots of nifty stuff, but has had no prep time for this fight and has not replaced his homunculi.

500px-Mysterio_(Spectacular_Spider-Man).

Owen is from Gargoyles and will be helping Question in this fight. He will not be reverting to his Puck form for this fight or using any overt spells, however he is wise to the ways of illusion, which may help. He also has a left fist made of stone.

312px-Owen_Stone-Hand.jpg

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Learn More About
The Question
Read more about The Question at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry - The Question DC Database Entry ...The Question!

Mysterio
Read more about Mysterio at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia Marvel Universe Marvel Database

#3 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'm thinking Mysterio will win the fight but then Owen will come in an deck him so that it doesn't wreck whatever plans you have in your story.

I'm betting you already have this fight written out anyway.

By the way, are you going to continue this story on peypey's site?

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Question and Puck together win. Both are smart enough to figure out Mysterio's illusions and I see Question distracting Mysterio long enough for Puck to knock him out with his stone fist.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Great set-up as usual, Dinsdale. Looks like Chance may escape the League of Assassins' clutches after all. And a Spider-Man clone under Thailog's control? Be scurred, world. :P Of course, he almost has to become the SSM version of Ben Reilly now. :D 

As for the match, Beck's going to be a tough battle for Question and Owen, but I think this unlikely duo can pull this off. Both Question and Owen have faced their fair share of strange phenomena before, and Owen has millennia of experience with illusions and trickery as his real self, Puck (and very likely still the trained eye for such even as Owen). If they work together, they can possibly beat Mysterio, but it won't be easy.

#6 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm thinking Mysterio will win the fight but then Owen will come in an deck him so that it doesn't wreck whatever plans you have in your story.

I'm betting you already have this fight written out anyway.

By the way, are you going to continue this story on peypey's site?

Nah, I don't write the fights till I know the outcome. And I usually try to roll with the outcome, whichever way it goes.

I'm going to try to finish it here.

#7 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of [A] - Another great story here!
leroypowell3 gives it a grade of [A] -
bigballerju gives it a grade of [A] -
SCORE
The Question: 6
Mysterio: 9
FPA: 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users