Photo

Continuing CBUB (Not Electric Ferret, ya'll had better already changed that name or I'm stabbing someone's eyeballs)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Looks nice and a good idea. I will sign up.

#22 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

I've signed up

#23 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

Could I mod over the Plebiscite again? I like modding over the woman pics..... uh and all the other random stuff.

#24 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

No offense to this, but I don't know how much I like another site callig itself the Electric Ferret if it is not the Electric Ferret. Especially porting all the topics verbatim. It's a little slap in the face to me. I'm cool with spin offs, (Tarvius and I are creating a spin off site) but Electric Ferret has history and I don't know what's going to go down on your site and I'm not sure I like seeing Electric Ferret tied to it.

That's just me, but I really don't like the direct port approach. Borderline offensive.

#25 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

No offense to this, but I don't know how much I like another site callig itself the Electric Ferret if it is not the Electric Ferret. Especially porting all the topics verbatim. It's a little slap in the face to me. I'm cool with spin offs, (Tarvius and I are creating a spin off site) but Electric Ferret has history and I don't know what's going to go down on your site and I'm not sure I like seeing Electric Ferret tied to it.

That's just me, but I really don't like the direct port approach. Borderline offensive.

I know its your opinion and I respect that but personally it seems more like a honoring of electric ferret.  No it will never live up to the original but as a community we can thrive and build upon what it is and still be giving credit to the original.  I think it is a good way to pay homage to this legacy. (no pun intended)

#26 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

No, I see what he's saying. We can honor electricferret without directly copying it. Plus, it shouldn't  be hard to change the name. While I'm at it, I'll take out some of the features, like the FPL, that I don't really see anybody using, and maybe a few others. I do see what he's saying about this not really being electricferret, so we should treat it as it's own thing.  

#27 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

While I'm at it, I'll take out some of the features, like the FPL, that I don't really see anybody using, and maybe a few others. 

Well, dicks.

#28 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Were you planning on using it?

#29 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

The thing Pey's doing would probably work just fine as a CBUB replacement. No need to transplant the FPL there. We're working on stuff that'll replace that.

#30 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

It seems the FPL and CBUB will become different sites.

#31 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Aww man, now I'll have to go to two whole sites.

#32 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, I think that's the best way to do it. There's some crossover between the two sections, but not that much.

Also, while we still haven't decided what's up with the FPL side of things, the CBUBers seem to be moving pretty quickly with setting up a new board. No need to bog y'all down while we move at our usual glacial pace.

#33 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, I think that's the best way to do it. There's some crossover between the two sections, but not that much.

Also, while we still haven't decided what's up with the FPL side of things, the CBUBers seem to be moving pretty quickly with setting up a new board. No need to bog y'all down while we move at our usual glacial pace.

Translation: the CBUBers are charging mindlessly forward, while the FPLers are actually thinking before acting.

#34 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Kinda.

Whatever the FPL ends up doing, there'd be plenty of room for a Fight section of the board, and there'd naturally be a pop culture/general discussion area. It wouldn't be as elaborate as the Ferret, but it'd be open.

At the same time, some people in the CBUB are eager to have their own site under their control, and that's cool. In all honesty, that's probably a good thing that they set up shop on their own. They'll be in control, and there's no need to listen to us old types whine about them.

But yeah, I DO think people are too eager to rush into something new before standing back and thinking things through a bit, but I AM in favor of the CBUB kids having their own place for them to do as they see fit.

#35 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Translation: the CBUBers are charging mindlessly forward, while the FPLers are actually thinking before acting.

not quite.  What peypeypeypey has set up is very similar but on a more basic level that allows people to continue doing what they do here almost.  His is very well set up.

#36 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm totally still going to the FPL discussion boards despite having nothing to do with the FPL in the past bunch of years because that's where I feel like I might actually learn a thing or two about the world.

But yeah, peypeypeypey's site is decent. It could be good if I come back in twenty minutes and find myself a moderator...

#37 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

HALLELUJAH! 

A separate place for the FPL

#38 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Kinda.

Whatever the FPL ends up doing, there'd be plenty of room for a Fight section of the board, and there'd naturally be a pop culture/general discussion area. It wouldn't be as elaborate as the Ferret, but it'd be open.

At the same time, some people in the CBUB are eager to have their own site under their control, and that's cool. In all honesty, that's probably a good thing that they set up shop on their own. They'll be in control, and there's no need to listen to us old types whine about them.

But yeah, I DO think people are too eager to rush into something new before standing back and thinking things through a bit, but I AM in favor of the CBUB kids having their own place for them to do as they see fit.

Eh, in like 3 days I was gonna post a topic to kinda see which option(of like....four now) to go towards for the future because we have people emotionaling and going in different directions which is...counterproductive. Even if we get some segregation, which on FPL choice should be fine I suppose, having your top 10 friends list spread across that many websites that are in no way interconnected kinda seems to defeat the point of a successor site. I went right to being all for peypeys place(heh funny name) because I didn't think this level of response would be done. Now we know though so Im all for thinking this all through.

Even if we just keep links open between places instead of one replacement location we should all be on the same page of that imo. After all the family and community talk we had on the first go anyways. Plus, while not everybody does a fair amount of dabbling, personally I got a foothold in FPL and was in the beginning with what little rping community we have/had. CBUB stuff is also of course in the question so full separation isn't awfully appealing to me.

#39 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

As long a  can still participate in original RPS i'm fine and of course discuss pop culture

#40 Buzz Line

Buzz Line

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:The behavior and habitat of fauna. History. Cultures. Fiction?

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I will be honest and admit I do not know how much time I will be spending on the new site. I see CBUB as a game, what with its point spending, database, judging and time limits. Votes and comments are desirable too but it's the totality of CBUB that appeals to me. Not sure I will be posting many setups or doing much debating without the whole system to play with.

I will use that account but don't expect another 71 matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users