#41 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

To think I found this site in November of 2010 while looking up Wolverine vs Predator (one of the back issues)... I'm going to miss this site. It's been my online hangout since I joined.

#42 Mr. Graves

Mr. Graves

Excellent Host

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

You know, for a place that has literally changed my life over the last decade and a half, I'm more than a little ashamed that I haven't spent more time with it in the last couple of years, and that I haven't spent more time on writing in general. That's life I suppose; you get caught up in work and home life and various distractions and before you know it, the years are speeding by... well, we've got a month left, right? I think that's enough time to put together one or two final send-offs. Guess I'd better get to writing...

#43 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Could you please reconsider? I No other site can replace CBUB. Maybe you could sell the site?Just an idea.

#44 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Damn. This is crazy. EF has been apart of my routine for YEARS. It's helped so much with my writing... I don't even know what to say. What will I do???? Only if Writers Kingdom was still up and running *looks at SWM*, yes I see you Tarv!

Thanks for your time Serge/Fox!

I could bring back Writers Kingdom if people really want me to. Don't know how much I personally will participate though. 

Tarv, if you're willing to help me clean out the old topics and start fresh, select some new admin, we can get Haven back up and running and leave it to whoever we choose as admin.  Then we can leave.  :)

...I guess I could bring Haven back too. Although I'm less willing to bring Haven back than I am Writer's Kingdom. Writer's Kingdom was built with the purpose of creative writing in mind. Haven was built with the purpose of being a nintendo/pokemon fanbase that mimicked the CBUB that ultimately became a writing  a social discussion site. Besides, for both Haven and Writer's Kingdom it's been so long since I've used either it'd be a miracle if I remembered my password or anything like that. But meh, Haven was always more popular so we'll see.  Still though, I'm not sure I feel comfortable bringing either of them back right now. We'll talk more about it though. You know how to get a hold of me. 

#45 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Haven! Just talked on there. Hehe. Felt like sharing.

#46 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Thatnks guys for the kind words.  Appreciate it, and I'm glad that a lot of you got something out of the site during its run.

Me, I'm going to take the free hours I get back and finally start working on those novels I've been meaning to write all these years.  Romance novels, baby!  Hey, you gotta start somewhere.   

#47 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thatnks guys for the kind words.  Appreciate it, and I'm glad that a lot of you got something out of the site during its run.

Me, I'm going to take the free hours I get back and finally start working on those novels I've been meaning to write all these years.  Romance novels, baby!  Hey, you gotta start somewhere.   

hey serge any thought on doing one last official match.

#48 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

This really is a let down, I like coming here. Nothing else would be the same as here. Is there not any other option? Maybe get someone to run the site for you? There enough users here to warrant something like this. I do ask you at least consider this. There might even be people who have the skill willing to volunteer there time. Or you could sell the site to someone else.  Just consider these. I don't want this site to die.

#49 John C. Gresham

John C. Gresham

Way better than Soberguy

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Cool stuff, you probably haven't heard about it.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

If I see something in the smut section of the book store by Foxy McSexyfingers, I'll grin from ear to ear.

#50 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

If I see something in the smut section of the book store by Foxy McSexyfingers, I'll grin from ear to ear.

Hell, I'd buy that just for the laughs. ;D

#51 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

I could bring back Writers Kingdom if people really want me to. Don't know how much I personally will participate though. 

...I guess I could bring Haven back too. Although I'm less willing to bring Haven back than I am Writer's Kingdom. Writer's Kingdom was built with the purpose of creative writing in mind. Haven was built with the purpose of being a nintendo/pokemon fanbase that mimicked the CBUB that ultimately became a writing  a social discussion site. Besides, for both Haven and Writer's Kingdom it's been so long since I've used either it'd be a miracle if I remembered my password or anything like that. But meh, Haven was always more popular so we'll see.  Still though, I'm not sure I feel comfortable bringing either of them back right now. We'll talk more about it though. You know how to get a hold of me. 

Haven or Kingdom, either is fine with me.  I'll get with you.  Stay tuned folks for what was at least a brief EF side gig excursion to comeback.  Some of you remember it.  Tarv, at least we can clean it up and get it going again.  Hell, we can leave and go drink pina colada's in Florida after that.  Retirement baby!  I'll contact you.  See what the Main Character and Gravesy are planning on doing too.

#52 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm gonna miss this place

#53 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Been on this site since 2009.

Was a good run.

#54 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

This really is a let down, I like coming here. Nothing else would be the same as here. Is there not any other option? Maybe get someone to run the site for you? There enough users here to warrant something like this. I do ask you at least consider this. There might even be people who have the skill willing to volunteer there time. Or you could sell the site to someone else.  Just consider these. I don't want this site to die.

My words still hold truth and I for one think I am making a valid point, why not do something like this and keep this site running?

Haven or Kingdom, either is fine with me.  I'll get with you.  Stay tuned folks for what was at least a brief EF side gig excursion to comeback.  Some of you remember it.  Tarv, at least we can clean it up and get it going again.  Hell, we can leave and go drink pina colada's in Florida after that.  Retirement baby!  I'll contact you.  See what the Main Character and Gravesy are planning on doing too.

One of those other sites would not do anything to replace the awesomeness that is CBUB.

Been on this site since 2009.

Was a good run.

It does not have to go away.

#55 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Look who has become Big Mister Softy. 

#56 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ditto, if/when any sort of official place gets set up as a successor site(whether peypey's or haven), drop us sneak peeks dammit! You got a built in fanbase right here!

Someone beat me to emotional MGS comment, but ya know what? What the hell..

MGS4_-_Liquid_Ocelot_Dies-468x.jpg

#57 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

@ViceCityMobster86

I know which is why I joined Peypeypeypey site.

#58 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

@ViceCityMobster86

I know which is why I joined Peypeypeypey site.

That is a good effort but it can't replace the real CBUB, with the datebase, the match records and all that stuff. Things like that made the CBUB cool and made it stand out. If you need someone to run it for you, I'll run it! I will gladly volunteer my time.

#59 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Dude, nobody is trying to replace it. We are just creating somewhere that the community can go now. Where is your hole? GO GET IN YOUR HOLE!

Note: Tarv and I ARE working on Haven as we speak.

#60 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Dude, nobody is trying to replace it. We are just creating somewhere that the community can go now. Where is your hole? GO GET IN YOUR HOLE!

Note: Tarv and I ARE working on Haven as we speak.

I am basically saying there is no real substitute for CBUB as it is unless its run the same way. If someone is willing to make a full CBUB clone I would be cool with that.  Everything the same, database, win-loss record and the same style as the current site. That is what made CBUB unique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users