I am going to all of them

#303 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

Its a shame this threw me off. I still would like to save this great site. I even had some ideas to make this place even better. I had ideas for new fantasy draft challenges, but now that won't happen nothing can come close to the way those where here or the way CBUB was run.

#304 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hey all.

So, it's been 15 years working on this website.  Online since the Internet was young in 1997, it's been a good run with the electricferret, but all things must come to an end.  I am retiring from working on the existing interactive website areas of electricferret. 

Fifteen years is a loooong time folks, and I cannot do this anymore.  The personal time requirements needed to administrate, code, support and generally maintain the website are more than I can continue to expend.  And, as you know, this entire website is a completely non-profit endeavor for me, so besides the time and work that goes into its maintenance and production on my personal off hours, it is also an ongoing personal financial drain to me.

The interactive portions of the website will be closing down.  Here's the schedule.

Now - New registrations closed

by Aug 24th-25th - all CBUB / FPL functions closed down (matches, character creator, etc.)

The Forums - I do want you guys to be able to communicate and what not so I will close that out last.  

The Electricferret domain will continue to exist and serve Non Interactive content.  Things like the CBUB back issues and the FPL Character Database.  Basically, the existing things which do not require me to deal with the Login, Authentication and Maintenance of users or put any additional time or code into the website.  I have a lease on this server for the next 10 months, so the stuff will be up at least that long for your reference.

Thanks all.  Peace

-serge

Thank you for all the fun you have brought to alot of die hard fans. This was so much fun from the start to the sad end. Cheers

#305 TheRandomBandit

TheRandomBandit

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />FIghting<br />Dining

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Good-bye everyone! Thank you, Surge! It has been fun, spent a lot of my childhood on here. I love you all, peace be with you and your spirits! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users