21 replies to this topic

#1 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hey guys, it's good to be back after a while.

Well guys... Comic Con's announcement is everywhere by now. It's official.

superman-batman-logo-SDCC.jpg

The Man of Steel sequel will have the God-d*** Batman!  :lol:

I myself found it to be a bit rushed after Man of Steel, hoping for at least one more Superman movie to establish him more. But if that's my only REAL complaint, then I'm psyched.

So I created this little forum on which we can share our ideas for the Superman/Batman film.

Should they fight at first?

Who should be the villain?

Who would you cast as Batman?

And what DC movie would you want to follow this one?

Share below, and have fun!

#2 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

They should not fight. Unless bats has kryptonite, that's a worthless scene.
There should be two main villains. I'm thinking luthor and somebody to act as his muscle.
I'd love to see joseph gordon levitt back as batman.
Static shock.

#3 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Should they fight at first?

Who should be the villain?

Who would you cast as Batman?

And what DC movie would you want to follow this one?

Share below, and have fun!

1  - No.

2 - Lex Luthor so Batman can back up Superman. Maybe Bane or Poison Ivy for the Batman villain to keep a potetional threat for both.

3 - No idea

4 - Either Wonder Woman, the Titans, or the Spectre. Flash is supposed to be out after this if I heard correctly.

#4 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

1  - No.

2 - Lex Luthor so Batman can back up Superman. Maybe Bane or Poison Ivy for the Batman villain to keep a potetional threat for both.

3 - No idea

4 - Either Wonder Woman, the Titans, or the Spectre. Flash is supposed to be out after this if I heard correctly.

Really? Sweet!

#5 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

The Dark Knight Returns. That is exactly what they should do. I think Snyder will botch it terribly though just like Watchmen and it will be the greatest waste of potential in any comic book movie ever.

But if they did it right, like Robert Rodriguez did Sin City, ie panel by panel translation with same dialogue and a solid understanding of the theme... yes it could be good.

#6 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

He didn't botch Watchmen?

#7 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Look at Snyder's record. It will help you see my point of view if you watch Sucker Punch. This guy is drunk or something while filming.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Flash was the one confirmed. A Justice League film was announced as well. I forgot in what order they will be released. Joseph won't be the Batman. I think that much is certain. Lex Luthor will be the villain along with somebody like Metallo or somebody else for someone to fight against. Joker won't be in it most likely because of Dark Knight. 

LOL Watchmen was a good movie. Certain changes they made I prefer over the novel. Also Man of Steel despite mixed reviews did well at the box office. In addition besides Sucker Punch he has had good movies before that.I don't want to see Dark Knight Returns to be honest. The animated film was good enough. 

Honestly they should do Superman/Batman Public Enemies. Zod's death by Superman could also be connected similar to Superman being framed in that novel and used by Luthor.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

That movie was meh, indeed. That movie also has nothing to do with Watchmen, botched or not.

I think he did a decent adaptation of a comic book that is not made to be a film and I give him kudos for that. I don't judge how directors do on one movie and use it to say all their stuff is trash.

I like Snyder's Dawn of the Dead and his 300 and his Watchmen. Some more than others. Just as I like Michael Bay's The Rock and Bad Boys and Pain & Gain.

But we're getting off topic now, so here's a thought guys. It's confirmed Batman and Superman are going to fight.

http://www.rollingst...sequel-20130722

So...any ideas on who should be the Bat?

#10 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

It's going to be TDKR, they even quoted the comic, sth like "I want you to remeber this Clark.. the one man who beat you..." or whatever I forget actual quote.

Either way, not too excited. I wish they would give DC and Marvel (especially) a break in the theatres. WE NEED A SPAWN REBOOT! Clive Barker needs to be involved in the scripts. It needs to be spine ripping devil worshiping mayhem, like the HBO series but with a good plot.

#11 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I didn't see it announced on other sites like IGN or Superherohype they would be facing off. I'll wait and see on that. I hope the entire film isn't Batman vs Superman. I want it to be more like the animated Superman/Batman one where they fight as first but then have to team up to take out the villains. Also they only said a quote from Dark Knight Returns as a introduction to introduce the news only. They aren't doing any film like that. 

As far as who should play Batman. They should get a up and coming actor who isn't too known yet.  Maybe Matt Bomer or somebody like. You need a younger Batman like Henry is for Superman who can do multiple movies. Somebody not too old.

#12 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I myself would go for somebody like Bomer (if he built some more muscle), Sam Witwer, or my current number one choice...

MICHAEL MOTHER-F***ING FASSBENDER!

SD+Comic+Con+Celebs+040.jpg

Also, if they make Batman own Superman right after the latter's big comeback, I'll be pissed.

Dark Knight Returns ruined Superman, so they should not follow that at all. But then again Zack Snyder did say that Superman is the first and greatest, so I still have hope he'll stay true.

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

He didn't say they were following Dark Knight Returns. That would be horrible since Dark Knight Returns dealt with a older Batman and Superman who had experience on top of it with each other. Which is completely different here since both will be rather young in their careers. Nolan is attached again as Executive Producer and will of course make sure they don't mess anything up.

I am interested in what this version of Batman will be like. First time on screen we will have a Superman and Batman together. To make it better one of them (Superman) has indeed killed so it makes you wonder how Batman will react. Also Zack said their was no kryptonite in the past. So I'm interested in seeing what Batman creates at first to fight him. Though Zack said that maybe that could change. 

Until we get a official premise nothing is certain regarding the plot.

#14 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

I really hope they do not do Dark Knight Returns.  They might take elements from it, but I doubt it'll be just like DKR.  This movie is going to set up the Justice League, so I doubt they are going to have it just like DKR.

#15 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

So from what I can gather, most people here would like to see something along the lines of Superman/Batman Public Enemies. And thus having Lex Luthor as the villain.

Any other suggestions for how to handle Batman, like his suit/gadgets, or the actors for Luthor or Batman?

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

They should make Batman real high tech with all sorts of suits and abilities. A suit that's a combination of his insider suit and regular Batman suit from the comics. Also they should do the batmobile changes into a robot like the new 52 which would surprise the shit out of fans to see that on screen.  Robots are popular anyways. Besides Bomer as Batman. Another I would say is Karl Urban who I love. I would say get another british actor  like Henry if they can't really find the right one.

#17 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Jesse Eisenberg should be batman. Totally makes sense.

#18 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

A) The Dark Knight Returns would be a horrible idea.

B) Public Enemies would be ok, but we can do better.

C) Spawn's HBO series didn't have a plot? What?

D) They should do a movie based on the Torment arc. By far the best World's Finest arc, but it would take a lot of Darkseid/Apokolips introduction. However, it would still probably be easier than introducing the like 9 billion people in Public Enemies. And the arc's kinda ridiculous in the first place. It ends with a giant S/B robot built by a 12 year punching a moon sized chunk of Kryptonite to pieces.

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yeah the Torment arc was very good. They have plenty of stories to choose from with the Superman/Batman comics which is one of my favorite comic runs. Also Spawn's HBO series was awesome and actually very praised. That's not for this thread though.

#20 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I got an idea! How about they adapt this?

250px-BatmanDK2.jpg

the-dark-knight-strikes-again-1-pg74.jpg

I kid, I kid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users