#1 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

24, for showing about a hundred innocent people, including children, dying in a slow and painful fashion, gets the same TV rating as... Family Guy. Seriously, why is this show rated TV-14? It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is apparently worse for people according to people than a show frequently depicting torture and executions (sometimes of innocent people). Anyone else have any ratings misfires they've noticed recently?

#2 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think a lot of the problem of it is that ratings systems give far too much weight to language. I mean, how did Republic Commando get a T rating on the original Xbox? You had to freaking wipe the blood and guts from your close range mutilated enemies from your visor. What made Halo so much worse? Is it because Sgt. Johnson dropped the F bomb like twice?

#3 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Every single Star Wars game ever has had a T rating, pretty sure. I feel like there are way too diverse Star Wars games to have them all rated T.

#4 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:I like animoo, vidja games, moobies, bewks

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

These really aren't rating "misfires" as they fall within the parameters of the various rating systems (MPAA, ESRB, TV Parental Guide.) Traditionally as reflected by American culture violence has always been given leniency over cursing, nudity, sexuality and questionable dialogue.

Simply put a movie like Transformers can have wide scale city destruction and be given a PG-13 rating but the minute you say "fuck" you get an instant R. It's messed up but it's how the system works.

That said I will agree the system is moronic beyond moronic. However these sorts of cultural things stem back from America's puritan roots so I don't think it'll get solved anytime soon. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Force Echo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users