#1 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

I've been kind of contested to talk about this topic, as it is quite personal and affects my family more than anyone else's, but....

as of 10:50 something, a cat that has lived with my family for two years, has unfortunetly passed away.

Now I know this is EF and typically such real life matters are best held elsewhere, but since a great number of you guys are in fact friends of mine, I have decided to post this as an open field for advice regarding, how I can deal with it, and what I can do to help those affected by this cope.

Note:To the mods/admins, I was unsure of where to post this thread, as death to me, is a subject which breaks the boundary of PG-13 and Adult content, so feel free to do with it what you will.

Attached Files

#2 Mr.Wronkite123

Mr.Wronkite123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros.
    Animation
    TV
    Interwebs

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Aw. So sorry to hear that. :( 

#3 megarock58

megarock58

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming
    comics
    Marvel Films
    Star Wars

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear that.

#4 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

man the CBUB has changed a lot I was cringing when I read this expecting this to get tore up but so far only good responses I am not going to tarnish that.

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

This is sad. I've lost several cats over the years and it hurts each time. You're in my thoughts.

#6 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I can sympathize - I've had many cats over the years but a few stuck with me that I truly liked.

Nimbus... Halo... Scree... Fathead... Coffee... Sweetiepie... Raccoon... Felice... lots of them I loved, and lots who's lives were cut short.

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your cat, I have two cats myself.

Anyways, not to hijack the thread, but there is no problem about discussing this.  The only thing I have a problem with is Politics because in my Internet travels I have noticed that Politics makes people get all freaky and enraged over the most inane crap.  And Big Crap too, but still, it's complete poison to a Non-Political site. 

#8 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

I am very sorry to hear that. :(

#9 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

That's unfortunate. My condolences. A pet of mine was squished by a car two years ago so I understand the feeling.

#10 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

man the CBUB has changed a lot I was cringing when I read this expecting this to get tore up but so far only good responses I am not going to tarnish that.

Now it's gonna get tore up. What do you mean the CBUB has changed? No it hasn't. Not even a little bit. If someone posted about death on the CBUB 9 years ago when I first came here, it would have been the same thing. Condolences and people actually discussing death. So don't come in here, saying "CBUB HAZ CHANGED!" when it hasn't. We've always been heartfilled assholes, not heartless ones.

And for Z451, there's always a place here in the Boards for coping with stuff. I see posts all the time about actual serious shit. Some old timer, I forget who but they probably aren't around anymore, once said the EF is a family. I buy that. I mean, sure, I'd commit some familicide here and there, but for the most part, I like to think of this place as a close community.

#11 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

First couple of days are hard. 

Honestly, if you need to, withdraw and just let it sink in.  Cherish the time you had with your cat.  I can relate when we put my dog down nearly 6 years ago. 

Sorry for your loss, but I'm going to shoot straight.  Learn from what time you had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users