#41 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Lol except I was listening to Kendrick before he was big.(seriously go to datpiff.com that site is awesome)  Um, all of those artists have been on the top 100/had radio hits in the past two years.....

You are diluting yourself if you really think those artists are underground.

If you are on the radio, on Mtv, or magazine covers, you are not underground.  This is something that can be debated, unlike music taste.

#42 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Singing about love is pretty general.  Literally the artists I listed say the exact same shit, just slightly different.

"I'm in the club, roll a blunt and smash a bitch"

"We at the bar, roll a fatty, fuck a hoe"

It is literally the same thing, just said differently.  To me, it takes more talent to write a song with good lyrics, rather than rely on a good beat to make the song.  There is no point in arguing opinions though.

I agree lyrics are more important to me as well  anyone can make a catchy tune it take talent to wright a meaningful song.

#43 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I agree lyrics are more important to me as well  anyone can make a catchy tune it take talent to wright a meaningful song.

Really? Anyone can write a catchy tune? THEN FUCKING DO IT. If everyone could write a catchy tune, the world wouldn't masturbate to the Beatles.

#44 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

anyone can make a catchy tune

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Anyway, there's some good popular stuff and some bad popular stuff, as there has always been. History will forget the shite. 

#45 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Really? Anyone can write a catchy tune? THEN FUCKING DO IT. If everyone could write a catchy tune, the world wouldn't masturbate to the Beatles.

schmoyoho.

#46 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Lol except I was listening to Kendrick before he was big.(seriously go to datpiff.com that site is awesome)  Um, all of those artists have been on the top 100/had radio hits in the past two years.....

If you are on the radio, on Mtv, or magazine covers, you are not underground.  This is something that can be debated, unlike music taste.

I dilute myself too. All the time. Stick my head in a basin and drink until I'm like 85% water.

#47 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I dilute myself too. All the time. Stick my head in a basin and drink until I'm like 85% water.

lol thank you for pointing that out, I'm not even going to fix it.

After looking at your title, I have a joke for you.

How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irish man?

None.

#48 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

lol. I'll admit, that is good.

#49 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

I wrote up a summary of this problem a while back and forgot about it. These off-base summer movie reviews have given me the motivation to post it up.

http://www.electricf...0’s-to-present/

It is a bit dry.

#50 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Are you trying to say that Kendrick made bad rap music when he was underground, but now that he's mainstream he comes out with an album that's amazing? Thanks for proving my point.

So you're telling me when XXL does a magazine cover for a bunch of upcoming artists, they are now mainstream? They would be recognized by the common public? I don't think so. Similarly, If someone had one hit on the radio one time, they are not mainstream. And I don't think anyone of the artists you mentioned except Drake and Flo Rida have had a hit in the Top 40 in the past two years. Even if they have, good rap artists blow that away by far.

#51 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

and other than the great bands they influenced I haven't gotten why their so well liked I have always thought they were overrated but a lot of my favorite bands were influenced by them and they wrote some decent songs they weren't just a catchy  band. 

my point is give me a couple of months to learn to play an instrument and I could play something that would get stuck in your head but it takes real talent to trigger an emotion every time you hear it. 

#52 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

and other than the great bands they influenced I haven't gotten why their so well liked I have always thought they were overrated but a lot of my favorite bands were influenced by them and they wrote some decent songs they weren't just a catchy  band. 

my point is give me a couple of months to learn to play an instrument and I could play something that would get stuck in your head but it takes real talent to trigger an emotion every time you hear it. 

You could play something that gets stuck in someone's head, not because it's easy to do, but because rock n' roll music itself is comprised of the four easiest chords. The Beatles didn't write a catchy tune that got stuck in a few peoples' heads. They got it stuck in the world's head. They conquered the world with their music. What they did with simple chords is something you could never do. They wrote countless of catchy tunes using the simplest chords. Then they got bored of that, so they wrote Sgt. Pepper's, and basically brought Eastern music to the rest of the world.

And if you think none of the Beatles songs can elicit an emotion, try Let It Be or Eleanor Rigby.

#53 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Comic book fan, insulting every musician on the planet that isn't a singer. Well done. 

#54 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Comic book fan, insulting every musician on the planet that isn't a singer. Well done. 

Not necessarily. While yeah, he's pretty much insulting every musician ever, I get emotions from Explosions In The Sky and they have no singer.

#55 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

why is that because I put a little more importance on lyrics then music  if I did that wasn't my intent .

just my opinion .

it's like asking what's more important in comics artist or writer I prefer writer there as well but I am not saying the art isn't important I have bought comics I just put away and never read because the art was so horrible once you get by the cover art but as long as you can draw spiderman pretty well then it's cool you don't have to be a Jim lee.

same with music once your good enough than work on song writing you don't have to be a Jimi Hendrix  for me to listen to you .

that's all I am saying.

#56 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

why is that because I put a little more importance on lyrics then music  if I did that wasn't my intent .

just my opinion .

it's like asking what's more important in comics artist or writer I prefer writer there as well but I am not saying the art isn't important I have bought comics I just put away and never read because the art was so horrible once you get by the cover art but as long as you can draw spiderman pretty well then it's cool you don't have to be a Jim lee.

same with music once your good enough than work on song writing you don't have to be a Jimi Hendrix  for me to listen to you .

that's all I am saying.

That last part makes no sense. I'll put it into correct grammar just to show how much sense it still doesn't make. Same with music, once you're good enough, then work on song writing. You don't have to be a Jimi Hendrix for me to listen to you.

Once you're good enough at what? Then work on song writing? If you can play, but you can't write a song, then you're probably going to stay a shitty garage band that does Nirvana covers every day. So, if you can write a song, you don't have to be able to play it? Is that what you're saying at the end? This is actually somewhat true. Look at early White Stripes stuff. Obviously, Jack White can play, but he wrote super simple songs and made them work. Seven Nation Army? Easiest song ever and that's one of his biggest hits. But again, other bands have tried writing catchy songs and failed. If everyone wrote the catchiest song ever, every song would be Billboard Chart-Topper. But they aren't.

#57 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

That last part makes no sense. I'll put it into correct grammar just to show how much sense it still doesn't make. Same with music, once you're good enough, then work on song writing. You don't have to be a Jimi Hendrix for me to listen to you.

Once you're good enough at what? Then work on song writing? If you can play, but you can't write a song, then you're probably going to stay a shitty garage band that does Nirvana covers every day. So, if you can write a song, you don't have to be able to play it? Is that what you're saying at the end? This is actually somewhat true. Look at early White Stripes stuff. Obviously, Jack White can play, but he wrote super simple songs and made them work. Seven Nation Army? Easiest song ever and that's one of his biggest hits. But again, other bands have tried writing catchy songs and failed. If everyone wrote the catchiest song ever, every song would be Billboard Chart-Topper. But they aren't.

nirvana is a great example of what I am talking about according to critics kurt cobain was not a great guitar player but what he played worked with his songs and he was in my opinion the best front man of our time because he could sing and write great powerful songs

#58 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Garfield A Tale of Two Kitties is the highest grossing animated film in China.

#59 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

nirvana is a great example of what I am talking about according to critics kurt cobain was not a great guitar player but what he played worked with his songs and he was in my opinion the best front man of our time because he could sing and write great powerful songs

Now you're changing your point. You went from saying that lyrics are more important than the music because anyone can write a catchy tune. Now you're saying you don't have to play well as long as you can write well. So now you're just contradicting yourself.

#60 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Now you're changing your point. You went from saying that lyrics are more important than the music because anyone can write a catchy tune. Now you're saying you don't have to play well as long as you can write well. So now you're just contradicting yourself.

how is that contractdictory the first thing I said and the second thing I said go hand and hand granted how I originally said it came off as a little smug but I have been saying the same things in my opinion writing is more important. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users