http://youtu.be/oyl97TG8jbA

#42 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

The average throwing speed of anything is 35 mph?

I'm not really sure if you're just stupid, have a reading problem, or simply that eager to get into a debate, but he actually answered that particular question in the post you're replying to, I've taken the liberty of underlining the important bits, which you seem to have missed in your initial read through.

a 12 year old(male) has an average throwing velocity(with a dodgeball) of roughly 35 MpH

So I can throw a truck at 35 mph? I can throw a feather at 35 mph?

Yes, of course you can, just like you're also able to fire laser beams from your eyes and breathe in space [/sarcasm]

You're so hilariously stupid, you don't even understand the context of the statistics you spout.

The context of the statistics is pretty clear, I'll refer you to my first quote, where I've underlined the important bits, if you still don't get it, I'll be happy to try and dumb it down for you.

#43 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

See? This is the kind of shit I was talking about. No wonder I've left...

#44 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

The average throwing speed of anything is 35 mph?

I'm not really sure if you're just stupid, have a reading problem, or simply that eager to get into a debate, but he actually answered that particular question in the post you're replying to, I've taken the liberty of underlining the important bits, which you seem to have missed in your initial read through.

a 12 year old(male) has an average throwing velocity(with a dodgeball) of roughly 35 MpH

So I can throw a truck at 35 mph? I can throw a feather at 35 mph?

Yes, of course you can, just like you're also able to fire laser beams from your eyes and breathe in space [/sarcasm]

You're so hilariously stupid, you don't even understand the context of the statistics you spout.

The context of the statistics is pretty clear, I'll refer you to my first quote, where I've underlined the important bits, if you still don't get it, I'll be happy to try and dumb it down for you.

Oh yeah. Thanks for failing to get my point completely. You're right. I now take back my point as I now realize that all dodgeballs are exactly the same, as obviously regulated by the National Dodgeball Federation for Kids on Playgrounds. Yeah, you sure made me look stupid.

By the way, even if the throwing speed was 30mph, it still doesn't invalidate the later points I made (which Sirmethos was too smart to address I'm guessing).

#45 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

See? This is the kind of shit I was talking about. No wonder I've left...

My little joke has gone horribly wrong.

#46 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

By the way, even if the throwing speed was 30mph, it still doesn't invalidate the later points I made (which Sirmethos was too smart to address I'm guessing).

Which points was that?

"No, because when discussing comics, everything that happened in the comics is what we go on. That's simple common sense. Yeah, the good guy usually wins, that's because the good guy usually has a trait that enables him to win, even if it's not physical. Disregarding the comics because of those things you just mentioned is incredibly stupid. Spider-Man didn't actually beat Green Goblin because he's the good guy, and he won! In fact, any victory with him over a bad guy now does contribute to his power set! Awesome! So now we have absolutely no idea of what he can do!"

1. Who has ever said anything about completely "disregarding the comics" ? 

2. No one has claimed that all fights are won(or lost) due to comics mechanics.

3. If you need to look at the fights that a character has been in, to determine his/her capabilities, then you need to read more comics(any comics).

I'm not seeing any actual "points" in the quoted/italic'd text, but now I've addressed that load on nonsense as well.

"Oh yeah. Thanks for failing to get my point completely. You're right. I now take back my point as I now realize that all dodgeballs are exactly the same, as obviously regulated by the National Dodgeball Federation for Kids on Playgrounds. Yeah, you sure made me look stupid."

the "35 MpH" is the average throwing velocity for 12 year old males in the U.S.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find a 12 year old kid who's weak enough to have a throwing velocity with a dodgeball, that hits your example of 5 MpH, but that kinda throws your initial example to the trash anyway.

Kain didn't have to make you look stupid, you managed that yourself, without any help at all.

#47 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Match Final Results
Superman: 9
Son Goku: 8

#48 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Which points was that?

"No, because when discussing comics, everything that happened in the comics is what we go on. That's simple common sense. Yeah, the good guy usually wins, that's because the good guy usually has a trait that enables him to win, even if it's not physical. Disregarding the comics because of those things you just mentioned is incredibly stupid. Spider-Man didn't actually beat Green Goblin because he's the good guy, and he won! In fact, any victory with him over a bad guy now does contribute to his power set! Awesome! So now we have absolutely no idea of what he can do!"

1. Who has ever said anything about completely "disregarding the comics" ? 

2. No one has claimed that all fights are won(or lost) due to comics mechanics.

3. If you need to look at the fights that a character has been in, to determine his/her capabilities, then you need to read more comics(any comics).

I'm not seeing any actual "points" in the quoted/italic'd text, but now I've addressed that load on nonsense as well.

"Oh yeah. Thanks for failing to get my point completely. You're right. I now take back my point as I now realize that all dodgeballs are exactly the same, as obviously regulated by the National Dodgeball Federation for Kids on Playgrounds. Yeah, you sure made me look stupid."

the "35 MpH" is the average throwing velocity for 12 year old males in the U.S.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find a 12 year old kid who's weak enough to have a throwing velocity with a dodgeball, that hits your example of 5 MpH, but that kinda throws your initial example to the trash anyway.

Kain didn't have to make you look stupid, you managed that yourself, without any help at all.

This part (most of my response):

"Also, you're completely wrong. Reflex speed is the time it takes to react to an outside stimulus, being that that's what REFLEXES ARE. It is not "how long it takes for your brain to register something is happening". Also, if your "actual movement" speed is slower than that of a dodgeball (again, incorrect) then you would ALWAYS be hit, unless the thrower misses. No, people can dodge dodgeballs, and they can get hit by dodgeballs. That's because even though humans easily have enough reaction time to dodge dodgeballs, in a "combat" situation people make mistakes due to the amount of sensory input, they can get hit by things travelling much slower than they are."

Literally the entire middle section you skipped over. Also, even if it did throw at a speed of 35 mph, that gives about a second to someone 15 meters away. If you can't move your body out of the way of a small-medium sized ball in a second (for comparison, Mythbusters, when they did the bullet dodging episode, estimated they required .20 seconds to dodge a projectile), then I repeat my initial statement-- I'm sorry for the car accident that destroyed half of your body. I'm especially sorry that it destroyed half of your brain also.

You did. If you can disregard known feats on the simple basis of what should have happened according to you, then we get nowhere. Your "judgement" simply isn't canon, and that's basically the bottom line. Try to find an explanation, and 90% of the time there is one. The other 10%, sucks. But like I said before, that would require time and brainpower. Also, your "rules" have so many exceptions that it's not even funny, they're completely unusable.

Wow. Just wow. A second time someone completely fails to understand something so blatant and pain. I'm not talking about the kid you idiot, I'm talking about the dodgeball. You can throw paper balls (or what we used in gym, an extremely light foamy small ball which was impossible to throw fast) at each other, and still, someone will get hit. It's not just dodgeballs. All punches to the head should theoretically be easily dodgeable. A punch is a highly telegraphed movement that takes over twice the time as moving your head out of the way, kicks are even slower and more telegraphed. So I guess no one has ever takes a punch to the head or a kick.

#49 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

"Also, you're completely wrong. Reflex speed is the time it takes to react to an outside stimulus, being that that's what REFLEXES ARE. It is not "how long it takes for your brain to register something is happening".

I'll rephrase your statement a bit, to include a few extra bits of information, that you seem to be missing.

Reflex speed is the time it takes for your brain to receive information from your senses, interpret that information and send the correct signal out to the various muscles etc. In order to react to an outside stimulus.

While a large portion of this takes place entirely within the subconscious mind, rather than the concious mind, it's still a process which takes place within your brain.

#50 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

"Also, you're completely wrong. Reflex speed is the time it takes to react to an outside stimulus, being that that's what REFLEXES ARE. It is not "how long it takes for your brain to register something is happening".

I'll rephrase your statement a bit, to include a few extra bits of information, that you seem to be missing.

Reflex speed is the time it takes for your brain to receive information from your senses, interpret that information and send the correct signal out to the various muscles etc. In order to react to an outside stimulus.

While a large portion of this takes place entirely within the subconscious mind, rather than the concious mind, it's still a process which takes place within your brain.

Yes, a reflex is technically a subconscious movement which you have no control over (which does not solely take place in the brain, in fact, reflexes are conveyed through the spinal cord and muscles, so it does not involve the brain at all), but obviously what we are actually talking about is the ability to consciously dodge something. Which technically is response time.
Scientists test reaction time by measuring a physical response. Pressing a button. Catching a ruler. Whatever the action, reaction time includes the physical response which includes your brain sending a signal to a muscle and the time it takes for the muscle to contract. Obviously not a process which takes solely in the brain.

#51 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

I was going to say thank God it's over... but some things are never over :wacko:

#52 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I never asked for this.

#53 Abelincoln1865

Abelincoln1865

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Here you go ^_^

RULES
1. Goku is in SSJ4 form. 
2. Goku is wearing a "Bleeding Edge" level suit of combat armor built by the Capsule Corp. to Bulma's specs. 
3. Goku has fused to SSJ4 Vegeta and SSJ4 Brolly (with his personality in full control). 
4. For this fight, Superman is only at the level of power he demonstrated in his debut in 1938.
5. Before the fight, Goku is given a full set of "Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus" that details Superman's powers and weaknesses. 
6. After finishing his reading, Goku is given a week of prep (no asking others for help). 
7. The fight takes place in Central Park at nighttime. 
8. No BFR is allowed and Superman cannot launch an attack that Goku cannot possibly dodge 
9. Victory is achieved by either KO or death.

Dinsdale you SOB! You copied that from me didn't you as Bergy so obviously pointed out.

#54 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Guilty.  :unsure:

#55 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Dinsdale, how could you? Here I thought you had finally had an original idea. For shame.

#56 Abelincoln1865

Abelincoln1865

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

It's all right I as acting like an idiot at the time. Besides it feels nice to get some recognition. In any case I copied most of the list from here: http://www.comicvine...a-rules-556206/

#57 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Everyone just calm down we can work this out and party :wub: remember only a rumble so no kniving :ph34r:

#58 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Nah, pull out the knives. This could be entertaining. :P

colbert-popcorn.gif

#59 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Well, I think we all know who truly wins this: