6 replies to this topic

#1 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

The continuance... (Ivy/Man-Thing just finished battling with Spiderman and the Lizard).

Spiderman hits a glancing blow while the Man-Thing grabs the unconscious Lizard’s tail. Man-Thing spins around and smashes the Lizard repeatedly into Spiderman until both creatures are completely unconscious.   

As the Lizard lays there before her, he begins to revert into Dr. Conners. 

“Perhaps these two might be useful to me,” thinks Ivy to herself. “I believe a certain potion could be in order.”

Ivy gives both of them a potion with a kiss. “When you awake you will help me,” Ivy whispers. “This world will be mine.”

When the two awake they find themselves surrounded by a very lush garden.

“What happened?” Asks Peter Parker. “It appears as if were in the garden of Eden.”

“I doubt it,” replies Dr. Conners. “I’m pretty sure this might be heaven, judging by that angel.” Dr. Conners points over Spiderman’s shoulder.

“Hello boys,” Ivy says. “Hope you had a good nap. Now I need to know some information about this world I’m in.”

“I’ll tell you anything you want to know beautiful.” Spiderman swoons.

Spiderman and Dr. Conners then proceed to tell them everything about the area they’re in, what they know about the Man-Thing, and what brought them to this area.

After hours of talking Spiderman and the Lizard promised to help Ivy in any way possible. Dr. Conners invited Ivy to see his lab. Ivy quickly decided to go to this lab to obtain more potions.

While Ivy was making potions Dr. Conner approached her.

“You realize that’s not the most effective way for that to work?” He asks. “I’m pretty sure I could make you a living parasite that could blend with this substance. As long as it was attached to a host the effects would be quite permanent. You wouldn’t even have to worry about keeping it in a container, you could just have the hosts carry extra’s. “

“Please help me make such a thing.” Squealed Ivy with delight. “Also if you could try to infuse it with my plantlike creation it would be perfect.”

“I’d love to help.” Spiderman chipped in. “I definitely know my way around the lab.”

After a few days of hard work Peter Parker and Dr. Conners had the plant hybrid complete.

“It’s done,” Dr. Conners exclaimed. “We’ve completed it.”

“Great job my boys.” Ivy said. “Now we must test it. I need a volunteer.”

Both men plead to be chosen for her.

“Peter.” Ivy says. “Sit in this chair. You will be my first new hybrid.

Peter jumped into the chair which ivy then handcuffs and chains him to.

“To make sure this works I will have to undo my last potion.” Ivy purrs. She leans over and kisses Peter.

Suddenly Peter eyes begins to flutter quickly.

“Where am I?” Peter asks. “Not that I usually like to complain when a pretty girl ties me up.”

“You’re about to be the future.” Ivy says smiling. “Go ahead and start the attachment Dr.”

Dr. Conner nods and quickly presses the hybrid plant to the back of Spiderman’s neck. Spiderman begins to jerk around in the chair, breaking the handcuffs almost instantly, and began to break through the chains. Suddenly Spiderman stops squirming and sits calmly back into his seat.

“That was quick.” Ivy thought.

“I’m glad it was.” Spiderman says. “I wouldn’t like to waste your time.”

Ivy looked shocked. It was if Spiderman had read her thoughts. She decided to test it quickly.

“Free yourself.” Ivy thinks.

Spiderman breaks out of the shackles and stands before her.

“This worked better than I could have dreamed.” Ivy said.

Ivy quickly repeated the process on Dr. Conner with once again exceptional results.

After changing them Ivy gave each of them 10 more hybrid plants to carry with them.

Ivy decided that with this new power she might be able to take over her new world. She told Spiderman and Lizard to go to the nearby city Baton Rouge and try to find her some powerful new people to give her special treats to.

"I know just the right person to give them too." Spiderman says. Might even help us spread it to his brothers.

"Hey there dahling," Gambit drawls slowly. "How bout' you come buy me a drink."

A quick smile and a flick of the hair and the girl turned to meet this gentleman. 

"Well I do say it's right nice to see you there." The girl says. "Perhaps we can go outside for a little chat?

The smokey bar accented her lovely figure. Gambit raises his hat and gives her a nod. He then stands and proceeds out of the bar.

"Ah reckin your accent needs suma work, little lady." Gambit says in a low tone. "I'm guessing ya didn't come all this way to just buy me a drink. Some might get nervous seeing a black widow in a dark alley way.

"You can quit all that charm Gambot." Says the Black Widow. "Madame Web sent me up here. She said you were in some kind of danger."

"Wa'll suga, I think I'm doin alright. Gambit smoothly says. Maybe ol web just wanted you to keep me company for the night. It's been a while since I've had a gurl of your caliber around here."

"Well," says Black Widow while looking around. "We'll know here in about five minutes.She didn't give us much more then Spiderman's not himself, beware of the Lizard, and squash the bug. Could be another loose in for as much as we know. " Figured since we were gonna be playing in your backyard might as well stop by."

"Mighty nice of ya dahlin." Gambit says. "We know ya ain't going up against Spidey by yourself. Who ya got with ya?" 

"Smart boy," Daredevil says while swinging down. "Wouldn't want you and Natasha to get too close."

"Well ain't this quite the party." Gambit says dryly. "I guess I didn't 'see' that one coming."

Suddenly they all hear a voice above them.

"Hey folks. Spiderman's here to give you all little presents." Spiderman says. "I got them from this hot new gal on the block. She loves giving away these things. Such a wonderful person. So who wants a new necklace?"

"Well looks like ol lady was right," Gambit states. "Might as well try squashing this Spideybug.

"Nottt so fassssst." The Lizard cries while running towards them. Your pulpy skin will look so pretty on my tail." Then you shall all be like us!!

The lizard spins his tail which immediately knocks Natasha into a wall, leaving her unconscious. 

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Learn More About
Spider-Man
Read more about Spider-Man at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Spider-Man Spiderfan.org Marvel.com: Spider-Man

The Lizard
Read more about The Lizard at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Lizard Wiki Entry SpiderFan.org SamRuby.com

Gambit
Read more about Gambit at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Gambit Uncannyxmen.net: Gambit Marvel.com: Gambit

Daredevil
Read more about Daredevil at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Daredevil Wiki Entry The Man Without Fear Superhero Universe DD Entry

#3 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Good match, though I thought Man Thing hung out in Florida, not Louisiana. The fight could go either way but I'm leaning toward Spidey and Lizard.

#4 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Thanks Dinsdale. True the Man-Thing is from the swamps of Florida, but there are a lot of swampy areas in the nw Florida area. I figured it wouldn't be too much of a leap.

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, Louisiana has lots of swamp, Mississippi too, for that matter. It makes sense that Poison-Thing (or is it Swamp-Ivy) would move around to suit her plan. :)

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Once again, good set-up and good story as usual, HeyTim. You're improving on your tenses. Keep working at it. 

As for the match, Daredevil is out of his league here, and the mind-controlled Spidey and Lizard are easily quick and strong enough individually to take Gambit down before he can get off a charged attack. Combined, it's just about a stomp.

#7 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Almost a stomp, but I have such big plans for the group. Then again I think Gambit gets a couple of hits in, and Daredevil honestly has held his own against Spiderman in the past (although I think Daredevil isn't close to being in the same league as Spiderman).

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of - Good match! Watch out for slipping between past and present tenses.
DSkillz gives it a grade of [B] - Good story, and some improved work on tense and grammar. A bit of a stomp, though.
[b]SCORE

The Lizard and Spider-Man: 7
Gambit and Daredevil: 2
FPA: 3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users