2 replies to this topic

#1 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

A requite for Sollus: Loser's Bracket match.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But pop pop, there must have been more than 8 heroes who showed up after Sollus died."

"Well, yes son, there were. It's just that they were never quite as memorable as the ones I've been telling you about. I guess there were a couple more worth mentioning."

"Who were they?" the boy asked. "And why aren't they important?"

"One was named Soul. At least, that's what its back said. And that's what the media called it."

"It?"

"Yes. You see, Soul was a giant robot. I'm not too surprised you haven't heard of him, it's much more popular in Japan than here. Might be the reason the robot moved, or maybe more giant monsters to fight off of Japan's coast. But, when Soul was here, that robot fought against the rising tide of villains day and night. Soul may have been one of the great heroes to arise then, but it had a knack for fighting the lesser known Sollus villains. In the end, Soul's presence was just... less noticed. Ironic, considering its great size."

"And who else pop pop?"

"Another was this Captain Supreme fellow. After the rise of the supermen, or maybe during, he just kind of disappeared. He was a young fellow. Perhaps he just went back to his life. Perhaps he's still trucking around, doing good deeds.  Or," the  old man paused for a moment, "...or perhaps he met the unpleasant fate of too many at that time. You see, Supreme had great power. He was incredibly strong, fast... but he couldn't take a shot too well.

"Well," the old man continued," anyway, in case you've missed my pattern, these two met in a less than friendly way. You see son, Soul was out there to do good. It would stop the bad guys in their tracks, and fix up towns on its way. But while it was fighting, it destroyed near as much as its enemies. Supreme was doing a flyover, and-"

"Let me guess, Captain Supreme confused Soul for one of the villains."

"Yes, it was a rather disturbing trend at the time. And while neither of them will be well remembered for the evil they stopped, they did put on one hell of a show when they fought."

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Learn More About
Soul
Origination: Physical
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Hero

Captain Supreme
Origination: Physical
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Hero

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Nice setup. The forgotten heroes battle it out.

#4 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Match Final Results
Soul Won a match against Captain Supreme
5 to 3
Soul: 25 fame points
Captain Supreme: -25 fame points