9 replies to this topic

#1 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Death looked on as the battle ensued. Never had a being given his horde as much trouble as this Morlun.
    "Do you not tire Mortal?" Death called out as Morlun ripped apart another of his demons. It had been like this for weeks, and while Death certainly does not have the same feeling of time that you or I do, even Death felt that this battle had gone on forever.
    But, for as long as the battle had raged, its end would be less than satisfying for Death. The monster, sent there by Shuri and the witch doctor, vanished while tearing through his horde.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a curious moment for Morlun. One second, he was fighting the armies of Death, and the next he was standing before a massive red demon. The dark scene of Limbo replaced by lava and fire.
    "Greetings mortal," the giant spoke.
    "Mortal? You should see what happened to the last being that called me such. I believe his head is currently planted where his liver should be," Morlun responded, an arrogant smirk on his face.
    "Be careful how you speak to your savior, lest you wish to return to your hopeless battle."  The smirk vanished. Fighting against the horde of Death until his hunger crippled him was not something Morlun looked forward to.
    "Fine demon, why-"
    "YOU WILL CALL ME TRIGON!" he roared. "Your question, why are you here? I'm glad you asked Morlun." Trigon looked over the monster in front of him. "You suit my needs. A hunter. Strong, powerful, and most important, driven. Yes, you will be perfect."
    "Perfect for what, exactly?"
    "Much like you, I was banished from my dimension. The magic that binds me to my realm though, is much more powerful than that which bound you to Limbo. I wish to be free, and to take my rightful place as ruler of the multiverse."
    "If you have that much power, then what use do you have of me?"
    "I cannot free myself from here. I need the help of another, one with an old soul and great power." Trigon looked over his champion to be. He could feel the strength that radiated off of him. "I cannot reach into the realms of man. But Limbo is still a place my powers can touch. My only chance is to have a champion drain the souls I need to break the spell."
    Morlun thought for a moment. Fighting for a demon of this power was certainly better than fighting against Death. "It's an intrigueing offer. But I must ask, why should I do this? If you are to take over every universe, and I presume turn it into what you have here, then what purpose is there in my helping you? I only end up in the same dire straits I am already in."
    Trigon laughed. "So rescuing you from your damnation is not enough? Fine Morlun, here is my offer to you. Do this for me, and not only will I keep your soul out of the clutches Death, and I will ensure no other magic but my own can affect you. I will even leave your universe free of my influence. It will stay as it is, perfect for you to hunt in, and prime for your revenge."
    "You have a deal, Trigon. Now tell me, who do I kill?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morlun appeared again, this time in the murky water of a sewer.
    "Lovely," he said. He snapped his fingers, and the list of names he needed from this dimension floated in front of him. "Quite a few, but the Master wishes it so," he said, a hint of sarcasm is his voice.
    A large, lumbering reptile approached him. "You smell strange," Croc said. "No matter, I will soon be picking my teeth with your bones."
    Croc swung a massive fist at Morlun, who easily grabbed it, and began to crush it in his grip. "You must be Killer Croc. I'm glad I found a totem off the list first." Croc's eyes filled with fear as Morlun spoke. "I was beginning to get rather hungry."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morlun exited the sewer, emerging in the streets of Arkham City. "Now let's see," he said as he snapped his fingers again. The list came out in front of him again, and Killer Croc's name faded away. "One down. Now then who's left?" Morlun read off the names. "Two-Face, the Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze. Such interesting Monikers." He looked around at the decrepit city, as two clown faced thugs approached him.
    "Hey buddy, this is Joker territory!" one shouted to him.
    Morlun faced the thugs and smiled. "Oh, this shall be fun."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick recap:
Morlun is in Arkham City. To win, he must hunt down and kill Two-Face, the Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze.
All of his targets are as they appeared in the Arkham City game. They will have access to anything they had in the game, including their gangs. Batman and his allies will NOT at any time be a part of the fight.
Morlun is as he appeared in The Dark Reign storyline.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Learn More About
Morlun
Read more about Morlun at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Amazing Spiderman info Wikipedia Marvel Universe

Arkham City
Read more about Arkham City at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman Wiki Giant Bomb

#3 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Morlun crushes. Good setup though. 

#4 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Thanks! Yeah, I realize it's fairly one sided, but it's the first part of what I hope to make a decently sized arc, so the opponents for Morlun will grow in difficuty over time.

#5 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

I should hope so. :)

#6 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

*little bump in the hopes I can get more than one match judge to look at this*

#7 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

THis^

#8 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Calling Cthulhu

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Morlun is going to have a lot of fun on this outing.

#9 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Calling Cthulhu

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Morlun is going to have a lot of fun on this outing.

#10 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Good setup and Morlun is going to enjoy this city wide buffet. The main Gotham villains are just snacks.

#11 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
kainboa gives it a grade of [A] -
Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of [A] - Nice write up. I gave it full marks even though its a mismatch, because it's a good set up for an arc.
bigballerju gives it a grade of -
Confession FPT gives it a grade of [B] -
badpierce gives it a grade of [A] - A big mismatch but great writing. Better then me so you get an A. Look forward to the next one.
[b]SCORE

Morlun: 14
Arkham City: 2
FPA: 3.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users