• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

ONE OF THE GREATEST HEROES THAT EVER LIVED HAS MADE HIS RETURN TO THE DC UNIVERSE! AND HIS FIRST VILLIAIN? HELSPONT!

THE TWO WILL BATTLE IT OUT IN SPACE AS HELSPONT SEEKS TO KILL SUPERMAN AND CONQUER EARTH. BUT CAPTAIN COMET IS IN HIS WAY AND THIS HERO WANTS TO PROVE HIMSELF AGAIN TO THE WORLD BY BEATING HELSPONT. WHO WINS?

CAPTAIN COMET (AT HIS MOST POWERFUL. JUST TO HELP PEOPLE OUT AT HIS MOST POWERFUL HIS TELEPATHY WAS MORE POWERFUL THEN GRODD. HIS STRENGTH AND DURABILITY WERE ON SUPERMAN'S. He also had other abilities. I CAN HELP PEOPLE OUT WITH HIS POWERS IF THEY NEED INFORMATION. HE IS A CHARACTER YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IF YOU ACTUALLY READ HIM IN COMICS. YOU CAN LOOK AT WIKI PAGES BUT DON'T KNOW HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION I THINK. HERE ARE THREE LINKS BELOW TO HELP YOU OUT.

LINKS:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Blake_(New_Earth)

http://en.wikipedia....i/Captain_Comet

http://www.comicvine...met/4005-30559/

Comet_shanedavis.jpg

VS

HELSPONT ( NEW 52)

Superman7a.jpg

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Learn More About
Captain Comet
Read more about Captain Comet at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia DC Comics Wiki Comicvine

Helspont
Read more about Helspont at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Entertainment Links: Wikipedia DC Wikia Comicvine

#3 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I remember Captain Comet from the old Secret Society of Super-Villains. We was a powerful telepath, could fly, was super-strong, and had limited invulnerability. IIRC he had a psychic shield that blazed when he flew giving him a comet-like appearance.

Bigballerju could be referring to a version of the character that I'm not familiar with. The Captain Comet seen in SSoSV was nowhere near as powerful as Superman. His super strength was several times greater than that of a normal human but he was outmatched by Grodd's gorilla strength. (To be fair, SSoSV was wonky about strength and power levels. Grodd once beat Kalibak in a hand to hand fight.) 

CC did defeat Grodd in a telepathic duel once, though the text on the page made it clear that Grodd was quite a bit more powerful. Comet was more skilled with his telepathy and was able to turn the strength of Grodd's attack back on him. It was compared to using judo against a much stronger opponent.

#4 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

It looks like he became more powerful in the LEGION series.

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Awesome Dinsdale I'm glad you know him at least. Remember Comet was depowered at least once or twice throughout his career but yea he got more powerful. As a matter of fact during his battles with the Society he was quite powerful. Actually during the Society run it was said Comet was more powerful then Grodd in telepathy and had a portion of Superman's strength or was close to his level. Something like that. Comet also has telekinesis, genius level intellect with a photographic memory since he came from the future, teleportation, and  was a excellent H2H fighter.

Here are scans:

captain+comet+vs+green+lanterns+SecretSo

#6 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Match Final Results
Captain Comet: 7
Helspont: 3