#41 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

OK some really great slot suggestions.  Appreciate it.  All the slots for Season three I will farm from this thread.

Also, based on some feedback probably going to do a couple things different. 

For one, instead of having a couple admins Reviewing the teams what we might do is have people draft their teams and then provide a period for all the other players to look over their competition and to Raise An Objection™ for characters on teams that do not fit the slot.

Also, as far as drafting goes, possibly will break the player pool into groups and let them draft different slots on different days.  That instead of the first come first serve crush on all the slots.    

All great ideas. 

#42 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

In the last season, we saw a couple of characters who could fit into more than one slot, like Doom and Magneto being anchors. It would be cool if we had some way of telling what these characters can do in their slot. Like, is there a version of Magneto who would make a good anchor while not straying into Oh Shit level?

#43 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

OK some really great slot suggestions.  Appreciate it.  All the slots for Season three I will farm from this thread.

Also, based on some feedback probably going to do a couple things different. 

For one, instead of having a couple admins Reviewing the teams what we might do is have people draft their teams and then provide a period for all the other players to look over their competition and to Raise An Objection™ for characters on teams that do not fit the slot.

Also, as far as drafting goes, possibly will break the player pool into groups and let them draft different slots on different days.  That instead of the first come first serve crush on all the slots.    

Sounds complex, especially on the programming end, but I like this.

#44 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

In the last season, we saw a couple of characters who could fit into more than one slot, like Doom and Magneto being anchors. It would be cool if we had some way of telling what these characters can do in their slot. Like, is there a version of Magneto who would make a good anchor while not straying into Oh Shit level?

There were a lot of very powerful anchors but if you put Doom or Magneto or Flash in the oh shit slot they would be some of the weakest. I think the Robot slot is the most overpowered. Originally Bumbleebee was going to be the high end power wise. Now we have oh shits in slot 3. Fox has the right idea about a screening process though. 

#45 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

In season 2, this round (round 12) will be the final individual round before the team round.

Probably 10 rounds is a good indicator of which teams will rise and fall, so 10 rounds will probably be the number in future seasons.

#46 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think there should be some more themed slots, like the detective and machine slots.

Some examples: 

Holy Warrior: Some kind of dedicated soldier that's part of a large cause. Like Jedi Knights, Knights Templar, etc.

Tactician: A leader that often approaches challenges by directing underlings. Tommy Oliver, Captain Picard, Doctor Doom, etc. Some challenges could be navigation through a dangerous environment, or defeating overwhelming odds by good coordination. The characters would come with their usual gear and team mates or henchmen.

Driver: Vehicle races, different slots based on the environment. Obviously, we can't have Speed Racer and the Mach-5 up against Luke Skywalker's X-Wing, but they could each be in different slots.

As has been said, a giant robot slot would be cool.

Another intelligence based slot would be good, this time something for the scientists like Tony Stark or Geordi LaForge.

A street level slot-less than peak human mercenaries or police officers.

At some point there should also be returning slots, so that people aren't trying to come up with brand new slots every time. Maybe one per season, or more if creativity is running low.

#47 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

I do think the custom slot "terrains" add (e.g the Detective type slot Missions).  But it is a huge amount of work to come up with those and create the images.

I would say if you have an idea for a custom slot and associated "terrains" you can help me out by posting 12 ideas for terrains that go with that slots matches.

#48 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Three cheers for FoxFingers!

#49 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thank god.

#50 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

So what's going on with season 3 now? Is it cancelled?

#51 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Dear Fox,
Could we pretty please get a teensy little update on the drafts? I know it's been on hold due to a horrible indecency done to the site, but I know at least I would really appreciate any news or thoughts on the matter.
Sincerely, your devout minion, Bergy_Berg

P.S. That was written with the utmost sincerity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users