Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Flash at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: R'lyeh
Posted Image

#2 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I was going to say Flash in a stomp, but this terrain is going to mess with both of them. You don't want to be moving fast when you can't trust your perceptions.

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Flash could knock Heller knock out or far away before his mind could even be messed with to be honest.

#4 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

To be honest, that would mean Flash has to be faster than his own mind.

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

It really means that Flash just has to run faster then the city's ability to affect his mind. Which he is more then capable of doing. Flash's mind works faster then the normal human on a superhuman level just to point out as well. This could either help him as the place tries to make him go insane, make things worse on him, or simply have no effect either way.

#6 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

No, that's not what it means.

You seem to think that the city has some sort of power that it launches to zap people's minds. If that were the case, I'd agree that Flash might be able to outrun it.

The problem is, that's not what's happening. The city doesn't have powers that it needs to activate. Reality is different in the city of R'leyh and that's what messes with people's minds. Their senses are telling them things that can't possibly be true according to anything they know about the real world.

Flash can't do anything "before" reality is different because it's always been like that. Flash has to deal with this different reality where distances, angles, etc. aren't what he thinks they are. The best way to deal with that kind of reality is to go slow and try to figure out the new way everything works. The worst is to start running at high speed in a place where you can't trust your own senses. It would be like someone high on LSD driving a racecar. The only difference here is that the LSD trip isn't a hallucination, it's real.

I don't believe it will drive Flash insane, his mind is too strong. It will seriously mess with him, though. The upside is that it's going to mess with Heller just as much, and possibly more. i'm sure Flash has had more experiences dealing with other realities.

While running is a bad idea, Flash can still do things like barrages of super-speed punches and dodging at super-speed. I don't know that much about Heller, but from his links, I'd say Flash can still beat him, he just has to do it without racing around as much as he likes.

I feel bad for anyone who has to fight on this terrain (though some like Dr. Strange could probably adapt pretty well) but it's particularly bad for someone with movement based powers, like speedsters and fliers. It'll probably be murder for people who rely on ranged attacks too. In this space a sniper could line up a perfect shot only to have the bullet go somewhere else completely.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ah very good analysis. I agree and yea your right about the terrain. Still wouldn't Flash with his brain working on a superhuman level be able to process  things faster and regain his senses more? If anything wouldn't slowing down make his mind be affected more quickly since Flash's mind isn't working as fast and powerful to protect him as much as possible?

#8 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Match Final Results
James Heller: 3
The Flash: 17

0 user(s) are reading this topic