Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

A Requite for Sollus: Round 2, Fight 1

The Rise of the Supermen

“Never forget… that’s what they say.  Those terrorists… such evil and for what.  But we never forgot the lives that were lost on the memorial of Sollus… and now all these years later, here we are again.  But one thing I can say about this crop of heroes that arrived after the death of Sollus, they were all dedicated to protecting the memory of that great man in some way.  That and they were all powerhouses like nothing the world had witnessed before.  These were probably the most powerful heroes in the entire world. 

I tell ya, son.  I’ve never seen anything like it in my life and I’ve seen plenty.  Those criminals, after they defeated the Jupiter League they went after the citizens--the innocents.  Mentis used some device he had created to start the riots which also kept the police busy.  I know what you are thinking; we’re in Khazan… where the superheroes were.  I mean yeah, some small-time heroes would show up, but something had amped up Mentis’ mind powers.  He had control of what seemed like dozens of people.  If someone too powerful showed up, he’d drop control of a few regulars and grab ahold of the supers.  Then he’d send the supers after the regulars.  It was a mess.  It was the perfect diversion for any superhero that tried to intervene.  See son, heroes always try to save innocent civilians first.  Prime Example...

You probably don’t remember Ms. Perfect.  Now there was a powerhouse.  But, she wasn’t always a top tier heroine.  We barely even knew who she was; well your dad knew who she was.  He was in high school during that time.  He had a huge crush on her.  But after that day the world would know her.  She and her Extracurriculars showed up and they immediately went to crowd control; creating a perimeter while Ms. Perfect went straight for her foe, Dr. Mentis.  Little did she know, Mentis had put something in her mind.  See, Mentis was a super-genius.  That was his power.  He captured Ms. Perfect once and well, he turned her into his living weapon, of sorts. 

No sooner did she go for him than he had control of her mind.  She turned on her friends, beat them down within seconds.  Next she began to leave the memorial and head for destroying the city like Dr. Mentis’ cohorts.  She didn’t make it far.  I’ve seen some weird things in my life, son.  But this guy who appeared… this Crow-Man.  Well, that took the cake.  He appeared in a plume of feathers.  Before Ms. Perfect could get ten feet away from the Sollus memorial, she was met with this strange new hero dressed like a Crow.”

“Like that movie?  What could Crow-Man do granddad?”

“It seemed like anything he wanted to do and he was going to need every bit of that amazing ability, because that Ms. Perfect was coming at him like a bat out of hell.”

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Learn More About
Kirsten Kensington
Origination: Physical
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Hero

Crow-Man
Origination: Transformation
Alignment: Hero
Team: KALI

#3 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Miles away, in her room, Dayna Watson, alias Datapoint, scanned her notes on Dr. Mentis in a frenzy.  Her computer screens showed multiple news feeds and numerous hacked feeds from security cameras in the city.  The largest news station now had two words on the bottom of the screen--"PERFECT VILLAIN?"

Dayna's superpower, such as it was, was a combination of research, behavioral psychology, and getting as much information as she possibly could.  Human beings (and other sentient creatures) were ultimately sophisticated machines; present one with a stimulus, and he or she would respond in ways consistent with past actions, both their own and their culture's as a whole.  Give Dayna a person and a situation, and by now she could predict with 81% accuracy how that person could react.

It was the 19% that devastated her.

She could hear the groans of her teammates through her communicators, saw their defeat through her monitors.  "Did anyone get the licence plate number of that semi?" gasped Shinigami Kid.  At least they were alive; Dr. Mentis didn't want them dead, just out of the way.

"I have never been punched that hard...ever," muttered Transistor, prying himself out of a wall.

Electronica just lifted herself up, dusted herself off, and told her gauntlets to fix themselves.

"Stay down, guys," said Dayna. "I'll figure out something."

"No shit stay down!" yelled Electronica.  "We can't take Miss Perfect like that!  Didn't you think Mentis might have put some kinda controller in her?"

"I knew he had!" Dayna shouted back.  "I was just certain that his hubris was far, far too strong to activate it, particularly at this point!  Just give me a fucking minute!"

Dayna almost never swore; this shut even Electronica up.  As Dayna knew it would.  She continued to scan the notes and video feeds until she noticed something.  Then several things.

If Electronica's blades hadn't happened to retract when Miss Perfect punched her, something they weren't supposed to do, Electronica would have cut herself to ribbons.  If Transistor had slammed into the building he hit ten feet downward, he would have smashed through the foundation, quite possibly bringing the whole building down on him and whoever else was in the building.  There were those and a dozen other fortunate coincidences, even happening now.

Furthermore, in a single frame of the CNN feed, Dayna could just make out some grisly masked figure standing on a flagpole in the background.  And, if she eliminated all but a certain sound channel, she could hear a clear, fearsome "Ka-KAW!"

Dayna gasped.  Yes, Mentis's hubris should have prevented his taking control of Kirsten...unless, of course, some far greater threat had appeared.

"Guys..." Dayna breathed, "if you can get a shot at Mentis, or anyone else fighting Kir--Miss Perfect, take it.  This is either incredibly fortunate or the worst thing imaginable..."

#4 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

Crow-Man stood in front of Ms. Perfect. For several tense minutes, neither said anything.

He looked down at her. He seemed to tower over her. He seemed to tower over everybody. Wait, was he always that tall? Slowly but noticeably, people started to pause and look at the towering figure and the woman facing him down. They couldn't help it, he caught their attention, like something out the corner of their eyes, they had to turn and look, to confirm what they were seeing.

Suddenly, he threw up his arms and gave a thundering screech. This shocked Ms. Perfect into action...

Crow-Man was hardly paying attention to the crowd. The idea was for them to pay attention to him, not the other way around. Instead, he cast his awareness over the other confrontations. The stray bursts of energy from Erebus as he faced the Count, the sparks and debris where Strayne and Steel Maiden faced off, and of course, the altercation between Elohim H.I.M.E. and Perni. Chances were, that last one was something else. It might not be a fight, as others may perceive it to be.

Anyway, he had to deal with all the collateral damage the others were in the process of causing. Energy blasts had to be diverted if they went into a crowd, shrapnel of concrete had to be dropped before they hit anyone.

It was this inattention to what was directly in front of him that let him be sucker punched in the face. It sent him hurling several meters in the air, spinning multiple times before he finally hit the ground some distance away. But here's the thing, a punch of that magnitude, it really should have sent him flying further, especially considering the multitude of spins he did midair, and well, he landed on his feet.

If he had been hurtled further away, Ms. Perfect may have proceeded with whatever Mentis had in store for her, but he landed close enough that she'd just have to give him another beating. Yeah, he took a hit. It hurt, probably. But that's fine. He could take a hit. He's tough. The important thing was doing damage control and distracting everyone while the Extracurriculars did their thing. They can do it, they're supposed to be heroes.

As for the other threats, the rest of the good guys were already mobilizing. Dangerman and his army of Dangermen, the Atom-A-Ton, the Sentinels: Liberty and J. Justice Jr., even Mr. Destiny and Dr. Genie. They'll handle it.

All he had to do was distract the distraction by being an even bigger distraction.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

This ^ is how you win.  Or should I say these.  These two just made the vote much harder. 

#6 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

This ^ is how you win.  Or should I say these.  These two just made the vote much harder. 

Well, I might as well just flip a coin then.

#7 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Match Final Results
Crow-Man Won a match against Kirsten Kensington
8 to 4
Kirsten Kensington: -25 fame points
Crow-Man: 25 fame points