#2 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I used to be Lawful Good, but hanging around the wrong crowd has made me Lawful Evil.  I'm in therapy.  Are we talking about characters?

#3 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Yes.

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Heh, I meant the characters. But that works too.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

I have an idea.  Fill out one of these alignment tests in the voice of your character and see what you come up with.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

http://www.wizards.c...d/dnd/20001222b

#7 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

My favorite/main character Mr.Styx scored as Neutral Evil (no surprise)

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Harvey Knoxville

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Marshall Percy

Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

#10 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Raja Yama:

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Masuta Tengoku

Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

#12 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

When I was writing that one fic, I was trying to use this idea. With ALC being lawful good, IBBH being Neutral Good and Tony De Luca being Chaotic Good. That fic never ended up being finished.

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

I need to do one for Tony and see what I get.

#14 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

It would be nice to see an Angels Of Mercy Fic but alas the current roster of AoM characters is non-existent  and they kinda don't have anyone to go up against.

#15 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

The Angels aren't centralized. They don't have any teams or any ideas. The Syndicate had the same problem before you came along with Styx's gang. The problem is vigilante Heros tend to do their stuff by themselves and end up in the Solo Box. I'd be willing to work with someone to start building up an Angels of Mercy team. The only reason the Sentinels look so strong is because Ivan put  a lot of work into them and Ivan is a genius.

#16 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I wouldn't mind making an AoM character, but my time is limited through the summer with my job pounding work on me. I've got a sheet or two in the works though.

We also need to see that F.O.E fic concluded, I'm all antsy to see the conclusion.

#17 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I currently have a AoM character in the database and I was planning on adding another one called     

D.K  Midas based in Venus Junction but I haven't been able to get passed the background.

#18 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Van "Vice Law" Hyde:

Chaotic Good

A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he’s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

#19 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

I currently have a AoM character in the database and I was planning on adding another one called     

D.K  Midas based in Venus Junction but I haven't been able to get passed the background.

If you've got more Syndicate characters, go for it. Stick to what's working, man. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users