• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros.
    Animation
    TV
    Interwebs

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

“Well, here we are. Endsville.” a tall dark blonde girl with cowboy gear muttered as she walked through the streets of the small town. She was walking besides a young boy with three stripes on his hair and a shorter, younger girl with a lighter blonde set of hair. She was dressed exactly the same as her. The young boy walked quietly and looked around the small town, taking in all the scenery, while the younger girl looked in absolute amazement.

“I gotta say, I didn’t think we were ever gonna find this place. Your dad said Endsville, but he didn’t say where on the map it was...” she added as she and the group stopped at an intersection. The group waited for a while for the light to say “Walk”, and when it turned, they walked across the street. Not so far from their position, an ostensibly ordinary house was sitting there. It had a tree on the front lawn and it was a bit run down. However, this house was their current target.

-FLASHBACK-

“So, Kid. I got a special mission for you, Liz and Patty.” a slender black figure said from the main room of the DWMA.

“Oh? What is it Father? Is it from the missions wall of the school?” Kid asked as he sat on a chair across from Lord Death.

“I have looked at reports that there is another being claiming to be the Grim Reaper in the immediate area. He is said to be based in the small town of Endsville.” Lord Death explained to Kid.

“Another... Grim Reaper?” Kid asked as he perched his head up, clearly interested. “I thought me and you were-”

“That’s what I thought too, until I saw that he was taking souls from humans and taking them to his underworld. But according to recon, his job as Grim Reaper is... putting it in the nicest terms I can, really damn incompetent. Excuse my french...”

“No need Father...”

“Anyway, he has done a horrible job as Grim Reaper and he is indeed on the chopping block. I want you to go to Endsville and deliver to him the message that his services are no longer required. I would do so myself but you know I can’t leave Death City.” Lord Death said as he shrugged with his two big hands.

“.....Alright. I’ll accept the mission. It’ll get me out of the house from this rather uneventful summer vacation...” Kid said as he got up from the chair and walked out the room.

“Good luck Kiddo! And, get me a gift from there too if you will please?” Lord Death said as he waved Kid goodbye.

“I will. Later...” Kid said waving back without facing him.

-END FLASHBACK-

“Now we don’t know what this Grim Reaper is capable of, but if my father’s report before this is any indication, we shouldn’t take too much time...” Kid said to both Liz and Patty.

“Didn’t your dad say that he lives with two kids? What if they get involved?” Liz asked Kid.

“Those two shouldn’t be a problem either. I gotta say this could be one of the more easier missions we ever done...” Kid mentioned with a smile.

“Well you certainly seem confident...” Liz said.

“Why couldn’t I be...? Father said he was incompetent...”

“Yeah...”

“Anyway, looks like we’re here.” Kid said as he stopped in front of the house. “Liz. Patty.”

“Right.”

“Right!”

It was then that both Liz and Patty both turned into pistols and landed on Kid’s hands. He walked past the gate and into the front lawn, looking and blinking at the sight of a grown man attempting to get his hand into a beehive, presumably to get honey out of it. The bees came out and swarmed against the guy, stinging him as he ran away.

“Um........... What the hell is that?” Liz said, walking the spectacle.

“Trying to eat sweet honey! Honey taste so sweet!” Patty said, smiling.

“Uh... Let’s keep going with the mission guys...” Kid said walking to the front door and going to knock the door before a short girl with devil horned hair opened and raised an eyebrow.

“......Can I help you?” she said dryly.

“Yes. We are looking for a.... Grim? Is he here?” Kid said to the girl.

“Maybe. Maybe not. Who’s asking?” she added.

“Mandy. Close the door! I’m barely dressed over here!” a skeleton wearing only underwear said, doing his best to cover up.

“....This is the guy?” Liz said dryly.

“Gyahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!” Patty laughed uproariously.

“.....Did those things just talk?” Mandy and Grim asked as they both tilted their heads.

“That’s not important right now. The point is that your services as Grim Reaper is no longer required. I’ll need you to come with me...” Kid stated, pointing both pistols at Grim.

“Whoa whoa whoa whoa... It’s bad enough that I put up with these demons everyday. Now you gonna pop up and say that I’m fired? You got another thing comin’ mon.” Grim said, walking up to Kid, pushing Mandy out of the way.

“Please don’t make it any more difficult than it should be. Just follow me...” Kid repeated to Grim getting more angrier as time goes by.

“Very well. If you-” Grim started before he gave Kid a hard right hand to the side of his face. Kid staggered back a bit, but recovered and moonsaulted back to the front lawn. He rubbed his cheek with the back of his hand as Grim zapped his cloak on and grabbed his scythe from the cloak.

“I don’t know who you are kid, but I’m not about to let another child tell me what to do. Now how do you want go to the Underworld, mortal?” Grim said getting ready for battle.

“Mortal. Funny word to say to another Grim Reaper. I thought this wasn’t gonna take a while but now...” Kid muttered as he got up and pointed the pistols at Grim.

“...Time to die.”

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Learn More About
Death The Kid
Read more about Death The Kid at Wikipedia
Official Site: FUNImation Links: Wikipedia MyAnimeList Soul Eater Wiki

Grim
Read more about Grim at Wikipedia
Official Site: Cartoon Network Links: Grim Wikipedia page Billy and Mandy imdb page Billy and Mandy Wikipedia page

#3 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Pretty good set up, bro. The characters were all in character, and it had few grammatical  or spelling issues. Overall, I'll give it an "A"

As for the fight, I'd say Kid probably has this. Grim's got a few tricks, but I can't remember anything he has being too much for Kid to handle. And although he is very durable, he can certainly be incapacitated

#4 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Using Death the Kid

Has a Palutenia avatar

an actual decent set up

Are you a time-skipped version of me?!?

#5 Mr.Wronkite123

Mr.Wronkite123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros.
    Animation
    TV
    Interwebs

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

......Yeah. F*** hackers. So.... bump?

#6 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
tomisntblue gives it a grade of [A] - Good work. Great character choices. Keep it up.
Confession FPT gives it a grade of [A] -
KibaxHinata gives it a grade of [A] - The only problem? The story isn't in enough symmetry!
Shockwave gives it a grade of [A] - WHO ARE YOU AND WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN HERE SOONER!?
Peypeypeypey gives it a grade of [A] -
SCORE
Death The Kid: 10
Grim: 9
FPA: 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users