Photo
- - - - -

Match 14407 The DC Universe and Resistance (Terminator) vs. Skynet and The Joker

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

By the time the Resistance reached the compound, the platoon of T-800’s had nearly breached its lower levels. But Wonder Woman and Steel made quick work of them. Steel walked over to the last functioning T-800 outside, kneeling down to observe it. The morbid smiles painted on each machine with blood were just first of a few surprises with these machines had packed.

Each was equipped with a self-destruct mechanism, designed to go off as soon as the machine could no longer fight. In addition each T-800 had a compartment of pressurized acid in their chassis, a plasma rifle welded to each arm, and disorienting lights that would flash in the face of their target. Despite Diana’s invulnerability and John’s armor, they had a share of scrapes and bruises from the previous battle and this one. “Let’s head inside. If we’re lucky we can still save whoever Skynet targeted.

As Diana and John opened the door, a whirring sound forced her to push him out of the way. A shock coursed through Diana’s body as a taser latched itself onto her. As she grunted in pain she pulled on the taser and held her fist up to the person holding it. “DIANA, WAIT!” Looking up she saw Batman, his armor smoking and torn. The hallway was littered with more T-800’s and the remains of two three automatic turrets. Turrets with the Wayne Enterprises logo on them.

Looking down Diana gazed at the wounded old man with his arm in a cast, coughing and glaring at her in exasperation. “Still punching first and asking questions later... Did you really think one of those things would use a taser?” Stunned, Wonder Woman pulled Bruce Wayne up gently and kept staring. “Clark’s not going to believe this...

“It is all starting to come to an end. We can all feel it. Clark, Bruce and I faced down any challenge the world, the galaxy, the universe could throw at us, but this is different. Everything we have ever known has changed forever. Bruce can no longer fight as Batman, Clark lost the place he could call his true home, and now I too am the last of my kind. It’s all coming to an end.”

TERMINATOR: APOCALYPSE

HENRY CAVILL: CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN

GINA CARANO: DIANA/WONDER WOMAN

JIM CAVIEZEL: BRUCE WAYNE

CHRISTIAN BALE: JOHN CONNOR

DULE HILL: VICTOR STONE/CYBORG

ANDREW SCOTT: THE JOKER

June 2029

Superman, Wonder Woman, Bruce Wayne, and John Connor sat down in the Resistance headquarters, overlooking a globe listing the names of all superheroes and their forces still operating

Justice League- Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Steel, Vixen

Titans- Cyborg, Raven, Starfire

Batman Inc- Batman, Oracle, Nightwing

Resistance Command- John Connor, Superman, Bruce Wayne

Bruce had helped set up a surveillance network to search for any other surviving heroes across the globe. But so far only the League, the Bat-family, the three last Titans, and Superman had been found along with Vixen, a former JLA member. She had set up residence in Africa, guarding whatever wildlife remained. Now she worked with Poison Ivy to guard the recovering ecologies of the world while keeping Skynet contained to their urban centers. Superman looked at the Batman Inc. profile with puzzlement. “Nightwing?

Chuckling as he opened the map for their next campaign Bruce said, “Damian recently figured he was too old to be Robin anymore. Dick was happy to give the Nightwing mantle to him.” The map of Los Angeles appeared before them, with markers indicating where they would meet the most conflict. “This is it. Kyle told my mother stories of the war reaching its peak in Los Angeles this year. But since you are all here now, the war can end that much quicker.”

Diana quickly reminded him of the T-850’s words to him on Judgment Day. “The Terminator who saved you and Katherine said that the war ended two years from now, and that he killed you. What can we do to keep the timeline from changing further?” Connor sighed. “We lie. We capture a T-850, and send him back with that same story so I’ll be prepared.

Diana was mortified at first, but then realized Connor was right. When he learned that the Terminator had killed him wearing the face of his childhood savior, he was hardened to make sure he was not fooled when the time came. In 2018 he succeeded. “So this is it. You sent Kyle back not too long ago, and now it’s all coming full circle.

And for the first time during the meeting Clark spoke, his eyes glimmering red with years of suppressed rage. “Then let’s end it. Here... Now.

2 days later, 5:30 PM

The initial bombardments were not very successful. Various T-1000’s quickly regenerated themselves while H-K and T-X squadrons held the Resistance soldiers at bay. But as the League, the Titans, and Batman Inc. joined the battle the tide turned in their favor. Superman led the charge, helping direct Connor’s troops while Bruce provided constant updates and even stayed with Connor at the base, surveying the battle.

As Superman crashed through another massive Harvester, he was suddenly sent flying by a blast from an Aerial H-K. His back stinging he quickly dispatched it with a well-timed blast of heat vision. Leaping into the Skynet base he quickly blew up a T-X, crushing its plasma reactor and knocking the building down. But as Superman walked out of the rubble, a sudden pinging noise caught his attention.

Scanning the area, he looked through the foundation to locate the source of the noise. And as he found it, he froze. Underground was a massive pyramid structure with the Skynet symbol on it. “Diana, can you hear me?” Superman touched the communicator attached to his ear as he started to burn a path to the pyramid through the foundations. “Yes, Clark.

Tell Bruce and Connor that Skynet has a massive complex underground, and that it’s armed with a nuclear weapon. I have to get in there so I can dispose of it safely. Have them evacuate the troops now. Don’t worry about me, just keep everyone safe Understand?” Even though she wasn’t there, Diana’s alarm was crystal clear. “Clark, don’t! Help us get the troops out, don’t risk yourself needlessly.” Increasing the intensity of his heat vision, Clark shouted, “I don’t have time to argue! Just get out of here! NOW!

Diana barely had time to protest as the link between the communicators was severed, most likely by Clark himself. Cursing under her breath she flew back to the bunker where the Resistance command was stationed. “Superman told me that there is a nuclear bomb hidden under us. We have to retreat!” Connor shot back, “No, we can’t. We’ve come too far to turn back now.

Bruce interrupted both of them. “I don’t think we have much of a choice.” Looking over to where he was staring, Diana and Connor both gasped at the sight of another army of machines headed their way. At the head was a massive abomination which resembled a Harvester in shape, but seemed to be powered by a massive plasma fusion reactor judging by the lights at it’s core. The body appeared to be an endoskeleton with mimetic polyalloy managing its movements as muscles aided a person’s.

But the worst part was the head. A massive monitor with the grinning face of the Joker leered out at the battle before it. “Ladies and gentlemen, tonight’s entertainment: A live performance of humanity’s destruction!” Looking at the leaders he continued. “Brucie, it’s so good to see you! Looking gorgeous as always, Wonder Woman! And Connor is it? Hmmm... Haven’t I seen your face somewhere?” Looking between Bruce and John for a moment, Joker quickly rolled his eyes and continued. “In a matter of minutes my little present will go off, and you'll all get your wish. The war will be over. Until then, LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!

Upon finishing his rants, the massive machine fired a massive cluster of bombs out at the Resistance, killing many and sending the rest running for cover. Realization dawned on Diana; Skynet didn't exist anymore. It was just the Joker, wreaking as much havoc as possible before the conflict finally ended.

Soldiers and heroes alike readied to face this monstrosity, desperate to end the war or die trying. As Diana readied herself for battle again, she prayed to the Gods one last time.

Please. Help Clark. Help us all.

(Alright. The board is set, the pieces are moving. The Justice League, Batman Inc. and the Titans have to survive the new machine created by the Joker, who has taken control of the machines. He is trying to kill as many of them as he can, while his nuke is set to blow any time. The Resistance and their heroes have to try to survive as long as they can, while Superman tries to disable the nuke. Can they make it? The match isn't about whether Superman can stop the bomb, but rather if the Joker's machine can be evaded by our heroes long enough.

Depending on the outcome of this match, I will find a way to conclude this saga once and for all. It's been a hell of a run, you guys. Next installment- Terminator: Justice)

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Learn More About
Resistance (Terminator)
Read more about Resistance (Terminator) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Bros Links: Wikipedia Terminator Wiki Terminator Wiki

The DC Universe
Read more about The DC Universe at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia DC wiki Chronology of the DC Universe

The Joker
Read more about The Joker at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia: The Joker DC Database: The Joker DCcomics.com: The Joker (PDF file)

Skynet
Read more about Skynet at Wikipedia
Official Site: MGM Links: Wikipedia Terminator Wiki Terminator EU Wiki

#3 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

WOW, this is awesome. I am going with the Resistance and DC Heroes.

#4 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

WOW, this is awesome. I am going with the Resistance and DC Heroes.

It's even better if you've read all of the matches leading up to it  :D

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Finally your back with this amazing arc. Great setup and I love the fact Joker has control over the Terminators now. I agree in the end DC and the Resistance can hold him back. However their will be deaths.

#6 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Finally your back with this amazing arc. Great setup and I love the fact Joker has control over the Terminators now. I agree in the end DC and the Resistance can hold him back. However their will be deaths.

Had a feeling you'd say that. It's going to be hard choosing who makes it and who doesn't.  :unsure:

Unlike George R.R. Martin, I don't enjoy killing my characters off.

#7 Hastur

Hastur

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I feel like Joker is smart enough to anticipate Clark's attempt to disarm the nuke, and compensate with a remote trigger, or a dummy detonator, or Kryptonite scavenged from the ruins of STAR labs, or something (unless he anticipates Batman doing the techie stuff because OF COURSE BATMAN). 

Are there any components on a nuke that are lead-shielded as a matter of course?

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Another very good chapter in your DC/Skynet arc, Supes. I've noticed you've been "casting" Henry Cavill as Superman throughout your arc. It's kind of ironic that you posted the last match for this arc before Man of Steel came out, eh? 

As for the match, I think Team DC/Resistance could win this day, but as mentioned, the fact that Joker now controls Skynet's forces makes the Terminator team potentially more dangerous. And of course, there will be casualties.

#9 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Excellent!

I'm in agreement with the others, the heroes will win, but not without casualties. 

I know this isn't the focus of your fight but a nuke does use heavy lead shielding. It would be easy to hide kryptonite inside one.

#10 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Another very good chapter in your DC/Skynet arc, Supes. I've noticed you've been "casting" Henry Cavill as Superman throughout your arc. It's kind of ironic that you posted the last match for this arc before Man of Steel came out, eh? 

As for the match, I think Team DC/Resistance could win this day, but as mentioned, the fact that Joker now controls Skynet's forces makes the Terminator team potentially more dangerous. And of course, there will be casualties.

Yeah. I thought he was a really good choice, and he nailed the role as I hoped he would.

#11 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of: A Another good chapter here! I'm eagerly waiting to see how this arc wraps up.
sirmethos gives it a grade of: A
Confession FPT gives it a grade of: A Holy shit. That was awesome.
bigballerju gives it a grade of: A I love the arc.
KibaxHinata gives it a grade of: A
Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of: A Excellent. An A+
SCORE
Resistance (Terminator) and The DC Universe: 15
The Joker and Skynet: 6
FPA: 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users