6 replies to this topic

#1 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Previously: The Robotech Masters unleashed their Zentraedi war slaves against the Quintessons. In an effort to distract the Zentraedi from exterminating their race, the Quintessons conned The Shadows into war with The Robotech Masters. The Masters, naturally, sent the Zentraedi to defend them.

“Dolza is dead.”

That was all of the report that Khyron needed to say.

Azonia looked stunned but Breetai held onto a stoic expression. The ach in his stomach more closely matched Azonia’s reaction.

Their great leader, the mighty Dolza was no more. Oldest of all Zentraedi. The first created by the Robotech Masters.

As a warrior race, The Zentraedi accepted death. They felt emotion but had long ago learned how to stifle it.

This however, was too much to bear.

They had gathered as many surviving commanders as they could. All aboard Breetai’s flagship. After the long difficult war with The Shadows, that didn’t leave many.

“What are we going to do?” someone asked. Everyone looked at Breetai. It was the logical choice. Breetai was the third oldest and second most powerful of all their race. What he said, was how things would be.

“This is the Robotech Masters’ fault.” Azonia seethed as Breetai took to long to answer. Her fists were clenched as were here teeth. It was obvious that she was trying to keep from crying. When no one chastised her she ranted on. “They send us against their enemies. We fight so that they can prosper! This is the end of it. I won’t fight for them anymore.”

Several Zentraedi looked on with various expectations. Some waited for Breetai to kill her right there for her sacrilege. Others tearfully nodded in agreement. But there was only one who could take charge and focus the Zentraedi in their path ahead.

Breetai inhaled deeply.

“We will not abandon our creators.” He said heavily.

Khyron spoke up. “I don’t know about you, Breetai, but I’m sick of fighting for their causes. If we banded together, we could crush the Robotech Masters and begin to conquer for ourselves. We could decide our own enemies.”

“You would never get the chance Backstabber.” Said Exedor. He purposely used Khyron’s subtitle to gain his attention. Khyron the Backstabber had been known to kill his own troops for not performing well. It had been an expectation for quite some time that he would try to lead some kind of rebellion.

Exedor, the second clone warrior created, had fallen away from field combat or even command. He was so old and so close to the Robotech Masters that he understood much of the history and relationship. He explained himself.

“The Robotech Masters have a failsafe for when such dissonant sentiments arise. Written in our DNA is a self-destruct code. That will immediately kill any or all of us at the first sign of betrayal. It was used once. Breetai remembers. That is the reason why there are so few ancient Zentraedi alive.”

“You see?” Azonia bellowed. “We are nothing more than tools for them! They won’t give us the knowledge to repair our own ships and weapons! We barley have enough medical knowledge to patch ourselves up on the battlefield! The Shadows came after the Robotech Masters but who is it that fought them? Us!”

“What can we do?” Breetai scowled. “They gave us life! They can take it away! We are in no position to question the Robotech Masters! Weather we like it or not, we are at their mercy therefore we are in their service.”

Exedor seemed hesitant to speak up but he did. “What if there was a way to shut off the self-destruct code in our DNA?”

Every Zentreadi in the room whirled on him.

“What? How?”

“I don’t know myself, but… there are civilizations out there that could help us.”

“I won’t go to the micronians!” Azonia barked. “I won’t!”

“Actually, Azonia, I was thinking of someone else. Masters of DNA manipulation. The Invid.”

“No!” said nearly every present Zentraedi followed by a legion of expletives.

Exedore huffed loudly. “Since the logical choice is out of the question for all of you, I have an alternative.”

His statement was an obvious opening for a surprise guest.

The smell of sulfur and brimstone came first. Then an echo of a scream followed by a chorus of others. By the time the smoke and fire appeared in the middle of the room, the Zentraedi had their guns out and trained.

Exedore calmly waited for his guest to fully appear before advising his colleagues to put away their weapons.

“This is Neuron. He is willing to help us.”

The demon smiled graciously.

“I can eliminate the flaw in your DNA. You are great destroyers. The only thing you need to do to repay me for this kind act is to let your destruction come under my name. The souls of the lives you end will flow to me.”

Breetai’s nose flared at the proposal, but most of the others were already starting to cheer him. They gathered around their savior and thanked him for his generosity. It was a much of an agreement as Neuron needed.

Now that they could not be destroyed at the push of a button, The Zentraedi were free to do as they pleased. They could fight whomever they desired. Their enemies were whoever they said they were.

The first declared enemy. The first ones that the free Zentraedi would fight.

The Robotech Masters.

Fight Parameters

Consider this a full scale, long term war.

Do the Zentraedi destroy their former masters?

Or do the Robotech Masters know the Zentraedi too well to be defeated by them?

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Learn More About
Zentraedi
Read more about Zentraedi at Wikipedia
Official Site: Robotech.com Links: Wiki: Zentraedi Zentraedi Military Forces. Robotech RPG

Robotech Masters
Read more about Robotech Masters at Wikipedia
Official Site: Harmony Gold USA Links: Wikipedia Wikia Robotech.com

#3 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Depending on how many numbers the Zentraedi have, they could win this with a huge army.

#4 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's basically the entire Zentraedi race turning on thier masters. I've always wondered if they could do it if given the chance.

#5 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Then the Robotech Masters are screwed with that much in numbers.

#6 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

hang on, the Masters made the Zentraedi completely dependant on them so they could not turn on them. the big blue aliens could not operate complex technologies or even reproduce by themselves. if its a blitz war the Zentraedi war do win but a long drawn out war will see the Masters win because they can replace their loses better.

well written though :)

#7 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

hang on, the Masters made the Zentraedi completely dependant on them so they could not turn on them. the big blue aliens could not operate complex technologies or even reproduce by themselves. if its a blitz war the Zentraedi war do win but a long drawn out war will see the Masters win because they can replace their loses better.

well written though :)

Thank you for that. A blitz war sounds like the Zentraedi's style. And yes the Robotech Masters would know all thier tacktics and such so they'll of course try to drag it out.

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
El Wookiee gives it a grade of: A
Movie-Brat gives it a grade of: B
SCORE