#1 Confession FPT

Confession FPT

The Cacti Guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Lucha Libre, baby!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

A while ago (longer than I'd like to admit) I submitted my favorite Digimon, Etemon, into the database. I'm proud of him and I'd like to use him, but I never have. The only reason I haven't used him yet is that I am unsure what would be an equal match for him? Does anyone know of a series or characters that are on a similar level as digimon? Etemon is an Ultimate level Digimon...so...where would that put him? Any thoughts? 

#2 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Etemon is your favorite digimon?

Seriously? :blink:

#3 Confession FPT

Confession FPT

The Cacti Guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Welp. That wasn't the answer that I was expecting, but honestly, I'm just glad you answered. Yeah. I've always really liked him. I thought he was funny when I was younger and his fight with Puppetmon is still my favorite episode of Digimon. Puppetmons prolly like my second favorite. And I was wondering what you guys thought would be of similar power to Digimons? 

#4 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Pokemon?

#5 Confession FPT

Confession FPT

The Cacti Guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Pokemon?

I always thought that digimon were considerably stronger than pokemon, considering that quite a few fire missiles and got extremely powerful in their later forms?  

#6 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

I always thought that digimon were considerably stronger than pokemon, considering that quite a few fire missiles and got extremely powerful in their later forms?  

The way I see it, first (or in some cases second) stage pokemon can hang easily with rookie level digimon. Once you get to champion level or above, however, digimon stomp all over most pokemon, until they get powerful enough to challenge Legendaries. At that point things even back up.

#7 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Third Stage Pokemons are typically capable of nuking cities by way of Hyper Beam and the likes. Ultimate Digimons are easily at that level, Mega Digimons outclass that by far... and don't get me started on the Super Ultimate Digimon level >.>

Things don't even up - also Digimons that fuse are exponentially more powerful despite being in the same class range, i.e. Mega x Mega still equates to a Mega most the time but outclasses a standard Mega.

There's also be cases where a Rookie Level Digimon can surpass a Ultimate Level and it's next digivolution is a Mega form... so the powersets aren't set in stone.

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Well, okay. Not going to try and dispute your points, because my frame of reference is only up to series 2 of Digimon, and I've only seen the Pokemon anime and not really much past Johto, and for both it's been forever. But, my points wasn't that they all even up as levels go up, and I wasn't trying to speak in absolute terms, because there are obvious variation in strength on an individual basis. My point was that first or second stage pokemon can battle with weaker rookie level digimom - of course depending on the individual species of each in question. After that, Digimon in general do outclass Pokemon in general. Pokemon only put up much of a fight again once they reach legendary status. Of course, as mentioned, my view of Pokemon comes purely from the Anime and the games. 

#9 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

There's also cases where a standard Mega can vastly outclass another Standard mega such as that one dipshit from Xros Wars that pwned Wargreymon and Metagarurumon... *cough* BS *cough*.

Anyways - oh I wasn't countermanding your post - was just inputting my thoughts overall. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users